1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Wynncraft Shower Thoughts

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by zionthegoat, Jun 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clickbaitz

Clickbaitz Idk HERO

Minecraft:
    Why is earth strength and fire defense? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Why are the ice islands cold when the ocean nearby is tropical?

Why doesn't monster change our appearance despite its lore saying it does?

How do people/dwarves in the molten heights get water?

Why doesn't hero dissapear after a while despite its lore saying it does?

Okay, why do so many mythics not follow their lore?

How does combining paper and metal make armor?

What exactly is a relik?

ZockerCam likes this.
  2. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    But he does, iirc Death specifies he appreciates a lot more intelligent life because it can actually do stuff like having a conversation, unlike unintelligent and undead life.
    You grab sad, lame metal and then cover it in paper so it doesn't look soo bad.

Son_Omega_Dan and millewave like this.
  3. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    Couldn't Aledar come back from Deaths realm and kill us to come back to life? Couldn't someone like CoW do the same?

Nukewarmachine, Take, burble and 4 others like this.
  4. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why doesnt drinking nemract whiskey solve my problems

5. 99loulou999

99loulou999 ArchangeList VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh ye this also reminds me

you cut down a giant tree

just to get 1 paper

Son_Omega_Dan and millewave like this.
  6. TotalTelemetry

TotalTelemetry Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I was wondering the same thing!

7. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    Theoretically if the Void region fell from the Sky Islands shouldn't the shape of the Void islands be the reverse of the Sky islands?

Take, Son_Omega_Dan, Aya and 3 others like this.
  8. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is the Wynncraft world just one part of an even more massive location?

9. Greedus

Greedus Knight of Wynn VIP+

Minecraft:
    I think the Golems are built for defence, not attacking, because guarding something would be much easier to 'teach' them what to do, whereas attacking, you have to be ready to adapt to the situation. Similarly, we the one time when we don't see Golems guarding anything, is in the Quartz Quarry next to Llevigar, and I'd liked to think that those mining golems are probably just hitting the rock until it comes loose.
    If you broke a plate in half and held 1 half and dropped the over, it would smash, right, so maybe they were originally, but other time they broke apart, too. Similarly, when you go into the void in a thousand meters under, you go down in layers, don't you? So when your allowed to go down by the crane you only go down 1000 meters, there are more islands above you before ahmsord and maybe even some under you.
    I think death only lets people leave his realm if they have some other purpose? I don't know cause I can't remember the quest too much, but I think that Aledar's prupose was to open the Eo for us, the player because we're like the main character of the story? If your talking about A Hunter's calling, then I think that wasn't real but what could have happened.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  10. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As seen in AHC, the player is more powerful than
    Aledar. He cannot return because he can't kill the player.

Another option is that maybe you can't return after dying on the EO sacrifice altar

CoW is confirmed to die and come back.
    I think that the Corrupter is completely unkillable, after it's defeated it just rises back up after a while.

millewave likes this.
  11. Corrupted_Night

Corrupted_Night Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Do we all have antisocial personality disorder?
    We are soldiers who are supposed to defend the Wynn Province.
    But we end up stealing cows from local farm when we reach Lv.5 (Tunnel Trouble)

12. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    We broke into a mayor's office in rymek to steal information that could lead to blackmail

13. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I just think there’s a MASSIVE vault somewhere that holds all of the items in the trade market and the auctioneers teleport items to and from it

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  14. Nerfet

Nerfet Cute little blue cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Why are there buttons and puzzles inside a dragon (Ozoth)'s body?

Melkor, Take, Son_Omega_Dan and 4 others like this.
  15. MagmaMelon

MagmaMelon Theorist and Geek

Minecraft:
    Most of my Wynn shower thoughts have to do with lore, because I'm a theorist. Here are some recurring ones:

1) Bak'al has an eye socket twice the normal size
    2) Theorick freezing his homeland was basically him putting it in a fridge to keep it from going off
    3) Out of the names "Bob" and "Seigfried", Bob sounds like more of a scam.

16. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why Corrupted Slykaar have "Checkpoint" in his house?

17. burble

burble dragon fruit go roar VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Exactly. They're selfish when they pay us. I'm sure a guard wouldn't stand for that behaviour. And I don't think golems would be able to take complicated orders like the quests we do.

18. BqwaOLD

BqwaOLD Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    :saltedhigh:

This actually works because the emoji is named :salted high:

TS_potato likes this.
  19. qraq

qraq Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    This isn't really a comprehensive shower thought, but then again, a lot of the shower thoughts in this thread are terrible anyway.

Nagarath. Huge ass demon. And we're talking HUGE. Fucking GIGANTIC. The Corrupted Hand is literally JUST his hand. It's also implied Nagarath is from another Realm - the only Realms we know about so far are the Realm of Light, the Nether, and Dern (the realm of darkness). Is Nagarath from one of those? I don't think so. I think the Eye, Bak'al, and the Corruption are small potatoes. There are gigantic fucking beings walking around, viewing us like peons. And guess what? Nagarath was INSANELY close to being summoned. Like, WORRINGLY close. For a tiny tiny town invaded by cultists, Nagarath, this huge motherfucking demon, was almost brought to our plane. He's most likely large enough to destroy the entirety of Gavel easily and seamlessly, then walk through the ocean (it would be like a shallow pond for him), then lay waste to basically the entire province of Wynn, Corkus, and I'm guessing Fruma wouldn't be able to do anything as well.

Apocalypse is a Mythic Spear, and this is its lore: "Forged from the tooth of the fallen one, this spear was bargained to a human for his soul, not knowing that the weapon itself would claim all life." I'm assuming the blade is the tooth. The Fallen One must be FUCKING GIGANTIC as well. The tooth / blade is large compared to the player, now imagine a full mouth full of those teeth, and a head connected to that mouth, and a body connected to that head. Again, gigantic. Most likely extremely powerful. That's the only tidbit of lore we have on "the fallen one", though, so I don't know if he's actually that worringly powerful like Nagarath.

Not to mention, if the Eye is actually proportional to the Dernic Beast's eye, then the Dernic Beast must also be gigantic. Though I have my doubts that the Eye is actually the Dernic Beast's eye that he ripped out and sent to Wynn. Anyway, if it is, the Dernic Beast is probably as powerful as Nagarath too. And I'm not even sure if Nagarath is from Dern. I doubt it, because I'm pretty sure the Dernic Beast is supposed to be the head honcho of Dern. Anyway, also very big evil monster.

This brings me to the Door of Time. Yeah, obviously it was made by the Olm. But still. It's a REALLY BIG DOOR. We already know the Olm are grey-looking humanoid creatures, around the same size as us. Why is the door so big? Why did the door need to be so big? I'm not really keeping track of lore on the Door of Time, and I'm pretty sure it was used, like, once, in the Nesaak quest, but as far as I know, we don't know much about this huge-ass door carved into the mountainside. It might be suited for these giant, most likely primordial beings. Nagarath, the Fallen One, and the Dernic Beast. Who knows?

Anyway, my point is, I think the CT should get a good grasp on lore behind content before implementing them, without thinking of the consequences. I've heard from a CT member themselves, they don't, like, HAVE lore. They just put shit in the game, and eventually, it forms some sort of weak foundation for more content. Eventually we get this rickety ass half-empty jenga-tower of lore, with the content being held on top. It's not fun for "lore hunters", but for theorizers, they must be having the time of their life. People enjoy coming to tiny revelations about Wynn lore, but as far as I can tell, nobody has made a eally big, comprehensive theory about it yet. People say "ooh, I think the Olm were the original inhabitants of Wynn, not Dern!" Bad example, but still: Where does that put everything else? Who killed them? What about, like, the entirety of DERN??? Was the Portal there in the first place? Did the Olm try to escape because of the Eye? WHEN did the Eye come to Wynn? "BOB IS OLMIC! IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE" There's no fucking way! That throws off all of the events of the entire timeline! Why didn't humans have contact with the Olm? Just because his skin is fucking grey doesn't mean he is Olmic. Even if the Content Team were to actively support this theory, they basically have no grounds to do so. THEY need a solid grasp on lore, first.

I think they should just sit down, spend a few all-nighters, make some timelines, fill up some bulletin boards, and actually MAKE LORE regarding the content they implemented. That would make lore-hunting so much more fun.

In conclusion: Wynncraft's lore haunts my showers. The end

20. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bob being olmic is the best explanation for his skin being gray, we might get better lore about the end of the Olm or Bob's ancestors, whoever they were. Bob also lived for MUCH longer than a normal human, implicating that he is not human, and the closest species to him are the Olm.

The Dern portal has most likely been there since the beginning of time.

I don't think the Olm ever lived in Dern, because

- They built their capital OUTSIDE Dern, but still close enough
    - (Assumption) The dark Heliolux people (like the AHC creature) already inhabit Dern. The AHC thing looks exactly like a Heliolux, it would be logical as the Heliolux are the only inhabitants of The Realm of Light.

There are various reasons why the Olm would have wanted to escape. Maybe they went against Dern? Maybe they made the crystals, which The Dern Beast didn't like?

The Dern beast/The Eye hunted the Olm to some extent, but by seeing the WynnExcavation D signs (assuming the Olm escaped to Dernel jungle from Time Valley, makes sense because DERNel), the Olm killed each other in their insanity caused by the crystals.

The humans didn't have any/much contact with the Olm because they went extinct, except for a small group (if Bob is olmic). The Olm may live for hunderds, possibly thousands of years like the Doguns from what we know.

None of this is confirmed, we will most likely get better answers as time goes on.

That could work out, they would also have to redo a portion of the existing lore in that case

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.