1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event [WINNERS ANNOUNCED] The Unofishial Quest Writing Contest!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by WithTheFish, Jan 21, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The deadline is almost here - only 18 hours left to enter or edit!

2. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi maybe tell me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Salted can the unofishial quest that wins the unofishial competition here be made into an ofishial quest or nah

3. TheAckening

TheAckening Local YIMBY

This is really just a joke, don't seriously consider it lol (also I'm likely contradicting stuff in-game and am definitely getting numerous things wrong about how jury duty and courts work, whoops)

Jury Duty (Level 69, Requires completion of Temple of the Legends)

Stage 1: Talk to Kelight

(1/3) Kelight: Although I'll admit defeating the Corrupter of Worlds is mildly impressive, others, such as myself, have accomplished much more. Fortunately for you, there is an opportunity for you to rank in history near legends such as myself.
    (2/3) Kelight: Recently, there has been a request for a hero to preform a great task in the city of Detlas. I am unable to leave this sacred temple undefended, so it is up to you to complete the task.
    (3/3) Kelight: Alas, I cannot provide any further information. Head to Detlas quickly, opportunities like this a few and far between!

Stage 2: Talk to Citizen in Detlas Western Gate Entrance

(1/3) Detlas Citizen: I'm sorry... What? What "great task" are heroes being recruited for today?
    (2/3) Detlas Citizen: Look, if the government has requested people calling themselves "heroes", head to the Detlas Municipal Building.
    (3/3) Detlas Citizen: It should be... Where is it relative to here... Ah! Go straight, and the second building on your left is the Detlas Municipal Building. It's pretty much just a house converted into government offices.

Stage 3: Talk to the Municipal Clerk

(1/4) Clerk Lil: Hello! You've come to answer the call?
    (2/4) Clerk Lil: You must be... Lacrona? No? Uh... Alein? Oh, Kelight? Finally, you showed up!
    (3/4) Clerk Lil: Some of you soldiers and travelers NEVER seem show up to jury duty! Even the poorest people of Rymek and Lusuco usually show up, but soldiers can't find a free day? Unbelievable! I've had it up to here!-
    (4/4) Clerk Lil: Sorry, I should stop myself. Thank you for showing up, please walk through the door on your right.

Stage 4: Enter Courtroom

(1/5) Judge Voir: Order! We have given all potentials jurors enough time to arrive at the Detlas Court. It is time for the jury selection-
    (2/5) ???: Honorable Judge Voir, I've been sent to inform you the defendant, Yahya, has pleaded guilty to both charges of possession of psychedelics.
    (3/5) Judge Voir: Clerk Frudo! This is not proper courtroom procedure! If you listen to me more and stop glaring at clocks, maybe you'd ever get closer to becoming a judge!
    (4/5) Clerk Frudo: Would you rather waste time with jury selection or break a minor procedural rule?
    (5/5) Judge Voir: Clerk Frudo, please go back to your office, where we can have a... chat later. Jurors, you are dismissed. Check in with Clerk Lil for payment for your compliance and service.

Stage 5:

(1/4) Clerk Lil: Oh? Yahya already pleaded guilty? Figures.
    (2/4) Clerk Lil: Well, this is what happens most of the time. Thank you, Kelight-
    (3/4) Clerk Lil: You're not actually Kelight? You're THAT recruit? My apologies for my manners earlier, I can understand you never having a chance to attend jury duty. Kelight, however, should really be-
    (4/4) Clerk Lil: Sorry! Here! Take these rewards, and do NOT give them to Kelight. Court order.

Rewards:
    200000 Experience Points
    512 Emeralds
    20 Hourglass Sand (1 star crafting ingredient)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  4. shtnck eyh ckhhe

shtnck eyh ckhhe Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
    thatd be pretty cool honestly but like they cant just add any random ahc v2 ahem

5. WithTheFish

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey everyone, the deadline has arrived and submissions for this contest have now closed. Everyone who has entered should be listed on the main post, if you aren't there but submitted a quest please let me know so I can add you.

I know some people weren't able to finish a quest in time, which is why I want to say that I definitely hope to do more quest writing contests in the future. Any future contests I do will have an equally open-ended theme, so perhaps you can repurpose your quest for the next contest.

As for the current contest, the next stage of the process will be to judge the winners. I do not know how long that will take, but I do want to take my time with it and not just rush through determining who the winner is. Therefore, I have no estimated time for when winners will be announced, but if you do end up winning you will be tagged in my post.

6. shtnck eyh ckhhe

Minecraft:
    I wonder what your thought process will be when rating each quest

7. WithTheFish

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've rated about half the quests so far, here's been some of my logic when it's come to scoring stuff:

- If the theme focuses on something like say, the law of gravity or a law of magic, it'll actually need to dive into it a bit more to get full points, rather than just having magic be a focus or something.
    - If I'm split on what point amount to give something, I'll always round it down. For example, if something feels like it could be a 24 or 25 in terms of creativity, I'll round that down to 24.
    - A rework to a quest on its own doesn't affect the score for feasibility, but if it drastically changes a lot of other stuff with the game the score will go down in that case.

8. NecrowmancerLeam

NecrowmancerLeam Eye of Eternity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    procrastination self-sabotage gang :(

9. Da Homeboi

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright I've looked through some of the other quests and here are some that I think are definitely better than mine:
    • The Good, The Bad, The Coyote by the Jesus of Nether-eth, The Stink: Honestly, the dialogue is absolutely perfection, and yeah. I'm surprised that a quest stuffed to the brim with great jokes and all, so I wouldn't be mad if it won.
    • Justice's Fable by Highbread, truly would say that this definitely works as a suitable replacement for the Corrupted Village, if not even more so. The story is really compelling, and overall, it definitely adds on to the chilling atmosphere.
    Some other cool ones:
    • The Stricken City (Namakobushi)
    • Whereabouts of the End (Senor Tophat)
    • An Eye for an Eye (Crouton_18)
    Everyone else's quests (except 1 person) are also pretty decent.

But by far, the best one I've ever seen out of all these: Oaths of the Crossed by the eponymous person of the cmosier plains in Fruma. My god this is amazing. If anything, this should be an actual quest in the game. I would be happy, no, honored if I lost to this. The character development and the gameplay appears to be really great, and if it was an actual quest, I think it might even knock some quests such as Hollow Serenity and Canary Calls far out of the water.

...Nah who am I kidding my quest is the best out of all these.

cmosier and shtnck eyh ckhhe like this.
  10. shtnck eyh ckhhe

Minecraft:
    Yours and cmoser's have a lot of detail, though, so I could definitely see either of them winning. Yours is especially cool because it has several paths you can take.

Da Homeboi likes this.
  11. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ive never felt more pointed out before in my life :p

12. TheAckening

TheAckening Local YIMBY

Nah, pretty sure that's me lol

13. QKhanh2308

QKhanh2308 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I had to rewrite everything to fit the theme right before it ends so my quest is short and just horrible :p

14. Da Homeboi

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    By that 1 person I meant cmosier. It is not decent, it is a goddamn masterpiece.

15. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    You found my atrocity of a Steamed Hams parody decent? How dare you

16. cmosier

cmosier cmosier VIP Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    i love eleven

17. Da Homeboi

Guild:
    Minecraft:

18. shtnck eyh ckhhe

Minecraft:
    You're going down, cmoser :devilish_grin:.

cmosier likes this.
  19. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the suspense of waiting.... :p

20. WithTheFish

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, turns out this is taking more time than I thought, a lot of your quests were a lot longer than anything I expected! Hopefully results will be determined and posted sometime between today and sunday.

cmosier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.