Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Why Are There So Much People Hating The Gavel Update ?!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Infynyty, Dec 21, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amaranth

Amaranth ♥Symphonic Metal Enthusiast♥ VIP+

Minecraft:
    Gavel was a huge change to Wynncraft. At first, I wasn't too a fond of it, but I started actually getting to understand the new mechanics, and began to love it.

There was a lot of issues the day, but I'm sure they will be fixed over time. I'm not too fond of the mana regen, but rumors said that it was glitched, and it might be fixed in the future. I also think that the weapons should also be toggleable; as much as I love the new weapon skins, some people don't really like it, or it may lag their computer really bad, so there should be an option to remove them.

The new update is easy to adjust to, but it just takes some time. There's some things that need to be ironed out, but overall, Wynncraft actually feel like an RPG game.

2. The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My only problem with the update is how assassin was practically ruined. Everything else (including the new combat system, which isn't that difficult to use once you understand how it works) I thought was awesome.

3. Mighty Burger

Mighty Burger voids warranties

The update is great. It really is. I love it. I only have two issues.

1. The server forces you to have the pack. I completely understand why they did this. Nothing would make sence. This is an issue for me, though, because I dislike how the blocks look. This is just personal preference. If I wasn't forced to download the pack, I could change the blocks back to default. In case you don't know, every time a server downloads a pack into a computer, it places a file in a folder called server-resource-packs. You can open the file with a free program like 7-zip and copy the contents into a folder. Believe it or not, that is a full resource pack you can put in your resource pack folder. If I wasn't forced to download the pack, I could edit the pack described previously and revert the blocks back to default. This would effect only the person using the pack, everyone else would still see the full resource pack Wynncraft has. One way to deal with this is to keep it the way it is, but add an option into /toggle.

2. Items require skill points to use. This would be perfectly fine if you could take away skill points from other areas easily, without spending a LE to reset skill points every time you get a new weapon you can't use. I might be misinformed and there may a way. If so please tell me and I will gladly edit this section out. Skill points should be what you choose to fit your playstyle, not what your items choose. It is limiting flexibility with people choosing how they want to play.

I love this update, don't get me wrong. :)

RandomRaposa likes this.
  4. TRTX

TRTX Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    @Mighty Burger I 100% agree with everything you said. Also mana steal has been made broke and does nothing now.

5. derpdeer

derpdeer Known as the guy in the boat...

I can see why some people hate it.
    Gavel made the game a lot more challenging by adding more micromanagement (elements, amulets, ect) and being a lot more quest reliant then grind reliant.
    Balancing out skill points (which you should never do) is now punished hard with the skill point requirements for high tier items.
    I don't hate the new challenge but I can see why some people do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.