1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Why Are There So Much People Hating The Gavel Update ?!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Infynyty, Dec 21, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    IDs and skill points don't affect the compass menu yet.

2. Wynncraftian

Wynncraftian Old Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Oh.... But if you upgrade your strength, you still do more damage right? Because it took me like 5 hits to kill a Dead Miner with the spear.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  3. ImpressedYou

ImpressedYou Saitama-sama VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yeah! How dare people have an opinion!

4. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    The only thing I hate about the new update that can easily be fixed is fall damage, I love everything else though :saltedhappy:

5. bobbob9830

bobbob9830 Hi

Guild:
    I love the update, Mage now relies heavily on spells now.. Which is nice. The only thing I'm still confused on is elements. I think I have like the worst elemental build on my Mage, but I don't see how it is affecting me

6. HyperAcid

HyperAcid Travelled Adventurer

Hi guys,

SO when I logged on to wynncraft this morning, I was told to identify all my items so I did. When i went to take out my eb from my e chest i dropped it and couldn't get it back. Then, when I clicked on my armor, it suddenly got dropped out of my inventory. I don't have any armor, and therefore can't really play on the server. Does anyone know how to get items back?

7. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly elements don't matter at all until elemental powders are added, since you don't feel or notice the difference with the armor.

Actually they do matter a bit since I heard some weapons have natural elemental properties.

Big words for big-er, average sized people!

8. Jacoblouis

Jacoblouis Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is one of my favorite updates don't get me wrong. But until they fix the servers to accommodate the large amount of players, I can't play because of the intense lag. I've tried getting into other servers and the are just fine, like lag at all. But I can't even join a server as I get kicked because nothing loads. Earlier this morning I was able to play just fine but now.. Nothing. Hopefully it will be fixed

9. ToasterHacker

ToasterHacker Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly, although few have actually stated causes, none have taken the time to brainstorm solutions. I, as seeing both natures of this update, have taken the time to look at and create ideas. Ok, for starters, comes the huge leap of item systems and quests. To fix this momentous outrage of too much being added, I suggest a quick tutorial or reminder for mid-leveled people. This doesn't have to mean making a whole new quest to suit their needs, but rather retracing people back to the update room where they can choose to skip and read an update tutorial regarding changes. In this scenario, this means that it will explain elements and identifications, as well as giving people a few quick glances at Gavel (and maybe even selling a "Master" Llevigar TP scroll [Basically lets them TP without being there]). Due to the excess amount of debt due to the multiple identifications people have to do, there should also be some good emerald grinding places or quest rewards. I think these ideas, along with a few others can help neutralize the anger towards the Gavel update. Afterall, then they would be able to experience Gavel, changes and all. And finally, I can possibly be more active with stories and help, as the development team maybe hiring again :P

10. fitersteve

fitersteve Title placeholder

Minecraft:
    Hey, Gavel is quite good...
    But there are a lot of bugs and lag (which will, I hope, be fixed in a follow-up update)
    And yeah, Gavel did create a ton of diversity, except for a lot of stuff like ability requirements; that pisses a lot of people off.
    But well, I would trade that for the gavel expansion any day of the week!

11. tomisdaman27

tomisdaman27 The owner of a legendary trade...

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I absolutely love Gavel (Haven't been there yet, but the new mechanics are amazing!). One problem I've seen is that many people thought you could "Chose" your element, but as it seems, elements have little to no effect on gameplay, and elemental weakness doesn't make much of a difference either. If you are fighting a blaze, you are going to switch your elements just to go kill that blaze. And having heaps of water doesn't necessarily mean you will have high intelligence or anything.

Another obvious thing is the bugs, but they will be fixed, of course.

Other than that, great job staff, I can't wait to explore Gavel!

12. Infynyty

Infynyty The secret organization of Apples (soon). VIP

Minecraft:
    Looks like my thread is now a bug report section :D

13. Frad

Frad Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I love the new update but my computer can't handle Gavel

14. MarcusWynnCraft

MarcusWynnCraft Travelled Adventurer

Gavel is awsume we just nedd more bux fixes and more balanced weapons/armour/mobs

15. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    I've been doing mage since 1.10 and I still love it.
    Since I had money to spare, I decided to just continue with my levelled mage. I adapted my skill points after the armour for now, but I still loaded up the water element. Once I find the right gear, I will just be water mage with an ounce of air. (This is where the Flight in Distress reward and Tower of Amnesia comes in handy)

16. WilsonKry

WilsonKry Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I don't even have the chance to get a bug on me, the farther I can achieve after the update is /kill into Nessak, and then I'm kicked. The server can't handle the amount of players, secondly the mobs too, which I understand but did put me down when I understood I can't enjoy the update for at least a week or something.

17. bobbob9830

bobbob9830 Hi

Guild:
    Water is intelligence right? I did the same thing.. Adapted my skill points to my armor. I believe I have like 50 points in intelligia ce, because I'm prepping myself for ethereal

18. chilihead

chilihead Skilled Adventurer

i like the map that they made on the server but that you have to get a certain skill point to use a certain armour sucks.
    and the thing about that you have to identefy your gear again is annoying in my opinion i would have liked the server better if they didnt mess everything up with those skill points without that part im completely ok with the update.
    And if you are at a high level without any emeralds then well you are f*cked becaus i bought maelstorm and now i cant use it becaus of the bullsh*t with the skillpoints so plz delete those needs for a sertain number on one skill

19. big_fat_bunny

big_fat_bunny Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I like everything except the item system change

20. MarkedForDeath

MarkedForDeath Finder of Kronos' Lair

Minecraft:
    I don't like some of the issues/bugs Gavel as brought, but those can be fixed. If Gavel's content was poor (which it is not, it's amazing!) people would have a legit reason to be mad.

The great content is worth the bugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.