1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

When Do You Guys Think Minecraft Will Start Dieing Out Ish

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Yalm, Nov 29, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yalm

Yalm Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Kind of like rune escape I guess idk runeescape isn't dead tho idk you guys can elebrorate on it

2. Señor TopHat

Señor TopHat The Industrialist

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thou shall never die!

Lord Saraldar and Asthae like this.
  3. Minitinipower

Minitinipower Join me in coffee and philosophy

Minecraft:
    isn't it dying now?

4. Samsam101

Samsam101 idiot who is too lazy to grind and is level 96

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Are you living under a rock?!? Ever since Pewdiepie started making minecraft videos, the death of minecraft was reversed!

5. Minitinipower

Minitinipower Join me in coffee and philosophy

Minecraft:
    ye but that was a while ago
    since pewdiepie, minecraft skyrocketed but hasn't it stalled since then? is it still popular?

6. PatheticFlower

PatheticFlower megido >gamer< god VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    minecraft will die when it has a game with a similar atmosphere and as expansive and accessible of a creation tool and playerbase for said creations to rival it

Miles_ likes this.
  7. Jbip

Jbip Summoner of HE, the Forsaken One. QA HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well not anywhere near soon that's for sure
    i assume it's still gonna be extremely popular for the next decade

8. Jamer_theGamer

Jamer_theGamer CraftedCitizen VIP+

Minecraft:
    Hytale?

9. PatheticFlower

PatheticFlower megido >gamer< god VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I doubt it

Dadakiki and Iboju like this.
  10. Yalm

Yalm Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    hytale will probs end up like cubeworld
    I think you've heard of that game

11. ParkourTNT

ParkourTNT Wynncraft will have houses one day HERO

Minecraft:
    Just some notes:
    1. Hytale will probably be a pretty good game from what I can see and how much of effort is being put onto it.
    2. Minecraft isn’t dying, it never did.
    3. The reason why Minecraft is being exploded again wasn’t just because of pewdiepie, it started exploding before the tenth anniversary with how much hype the last two updates we got and with the reveal of the tenth university it really got Minecraft exploding and of course pewdiepie came and raise it’s popularity by a lot too, and because now pewdiepie players it that means it’s cool again to play Minecraft.

Id say just watch Antvenom videos about this subject.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  12. Gambler of Gales

Gambler of Gales Surfing winds and chasing windfalls VIP+

Minecraft:
    General rule: if something gets hyped up as “the ____ killer”, it’s not gonna do shit to actually kill it, even if the killer actually does have more quality or content.

Like, Destiny is a game that’s had no less than three “Destiny killers” run up against it, and none of them actually killed it, even when destiny was indirectly helping them by being in an awful place.

Same goes for Temtem and Pokémon, or any battle royale and Fortnite, or even minecraft and Terraria previously

13. Spoodelf

Spoodelf Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Minecraft is not dying. Players are leaving constantly, but players are also returning constantly/new players are arriving constantly. In addition to the fact that there are still plenty of 'veterans' who've been playing since classic (I started playing around 1.3.)

Hytale looks good, and I don't mean at all to discredit it, but it isn't going to kill Minecraft- this is because Hytale is an entirely different game: Cube Sandbox =/= New Minecraft.
    It's like how Runescape was mentioned. New popular MMORPGS have been made, yet Runescape is still incredibly popular (Both RS3 and OSRS). :sunglasses:

So to answer the question; I predict Minecraft will die when Mojang decides to stop updating it. And that there is no "Minecraft Killer" :sunglasses:

Oh also cube world didn't fail because it was overhyped, it failed because the content promised by developers never made it into the game, along with great mechanics being removed for no apparent reason.

Emogla3 and ParkourTNT like this.
  14. nip nop

nip nop Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    no, it was 100% fading into obscurity, ever since around 2015 up until it started to make a "comeback" in 2019, minecraft video views and server counts were consistently dropping, it happens to every game

sure those numbers have since risen greatly and the game has a lot more traction now, but its still not just what it used to be at the game's peak, and its probably gonna drop again as all the game seems to have going for it right now is being carried by older players' nostalgia, which doesnt last forever

its hard to tell how much longer until it reaches that point, but i doubt much will change when it does come, as not much even has changed when the game made its supposed "comeback"

Spoodelf likes this.
  15. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    I guess it started fading for you, you need to look at the bigger picture.
    Here are some videos (All of them are AntVenom ...):
    1. I'm Worried about the Minecraft Community... : It is a pretty good video that summers why you probably think it's dying.
    2. Why Has Minecraft Survived for OVER 8 YEARS? : Tells you in a quick way why Minecraft is different from the usual games that die after a set amount of time.
    3. Wait...Mojang is ACTUALLY Listening?! : Title.

Also, about Hytale.
    Joel Heinitz (From the comment in the video above): "don't think Hytale will replace Minecraft for one main reason: it just isn't minecraft. The game we came to know as minecraft has perfected the one thing no other game has ever successfully done, and that is simplicity. It seems to me that hytale will be considerably more complicated (in a good way), and while that is still good, minecraft will remain popular for its enjoyable simplicity"

Edit: Just noticed that you're saying not that much has changed since it made its comeback which is honestly completely false. We have Minecraft Earth and Minecraft Dungeons coming soon, and the ocean, village&pillage and bug&beez updates are huge steps for Minecraft and the nether update is also coming. After the nether update, we might have the cave update too, there is also the combat update which has its own snapshot that you can try.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Spoodelf likes this.
  16. nip nop

Minecraft:
    minecraft has never faded my interest, ive consistently enjoyed the game ever since i bought it in 2014

dont try to pawn antvenom's videos off as the game not dying, its just his attempt to remain relevant in times of dwindling views

the new updates will never bring the game to its former glory, the gameplay has not changed much and will continue to become static and uninteresting to many more and more as time goes by

minecraft isnt really special when it comes to having not died yet, there are plenty of games that have been out for years that still have playerbases, just look at gtav or csgo, but they are simply not the same as what they used to be

pretty sure nobody really thinks hytale will be a threat to minecraft, its just another similar game that people are comparing for fun, just look at overwatch and tf2, overwatch was considered the tf2 killer but tf2 is still standing, albeit dying like minecraft will eventually once more

Spoodelf likes this.
  17. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    Seriously... did you watch any of the Antvenom videos?
    Not sure if you don’t like Antvenom as a person or just because of some videos or because of past things or you don’t even hate him. But he seems pretty convincing, if your going to disagree please give me some facts not just “look at other games” thing.

Besides, I don’t think it’s fair to just say that because other games have gotten less relevant Minecraft will too. It’s the best selling game, it’s also not just a game it’s a platform for people to create.

Try to be a little bit more positive.
    Also, here’s a video about Antvenom saying why he changed, and it worked. Good for him.

Btw, from what I see it seems a lot of people think Hytale can be very competitive against Minecraft.

Edit 1: Also also, yes Minecraft is special.
    Edit 2: Honestly, I want to make an essay for you but it’s just easier to copy past videos. Also, the topic of Minecraft is Dying is honestly very old (6-8 years?)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Spoodelf likes this.
  18. nip nop

Minecraft:
    antvenom is just wrong, minecraft was on the short end of the stick for a while and the resurgence is nice but people need to be realistic

positivity has nothing to do with this, im being honest lmao

when you have a game thats as popular as minecraft people will say everything, people are overreacting about hytale, people did it with apex legends too

minecraft is special but its not immune to people losing interest

Spoodelf likes this.
  19. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    The overreacting for Hytale is pretty understandable. It gave so much that Minecraft didn’t give, but Minecraft will still have that gem.

Minecraft isn’t immune to losing interest but it can bring more people to it, it’s getting more and more popular every year.

Honestly, I’m not sure why think Minecraft is dying other than “look at that game”.

Spoodelf likes this.
  20. Spoodelf

Spoodelf Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:

It's pretty naïve to say "Oh Minecraft isn't as popular as it used to be. It peaked ages ago." Because every game has that. Sure, Minecraft may never be as popular as it used to be, however it isn't dying. It isn't as simple as a graph which plummets down showing the player count is decreasing; the player count decreases and increases constantly.

The subject is: "Is Minecraft dying?" And no, it is not. The point you've made here is "Minecraft will never be as popular as it used to be." Just because the game isn't as popular as it used to be doesn't mean it isn't still popular. Minecraft is still thriving. Nostalgia isn't keeping it alive, the content and simplicity of how people can return to Minecraft again and again just because it is that sort of game.
    Also the other games you mentioned; TF2, CSGO, and GTAV, all have repetitive gameplay which people are bound to lose interest in. Minecraft is a sandbox and so much can be done with the game in terms of gameplay and content, even the modding community is still huge because of the creativity and the diverse amount of content which can be added to the game.

Sure, people can lose interest in Minecraft, I did as well, but I came back just because I thought; "I'm bored of my games, guess I'll play Minecraft for a bit" and then got addicted all over again.

Minecraft will not die until the developers stop supporting it, and even then I'm 100% sure that it'll still keep going for a good 5-10 years after that.

ParkourTNT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.