1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What's your Wynncraft unpopular opinion?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by •WhiteWolf•, Oct 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  2. CatFan105

CatFan105 Blue guy

Minecraft:
    Character-wise, Lari isn't as bad as most people think
    There's a bit lost in translation between ROL 4 & 5, but if that were fixed and she was lightly rewritten she'd be a good character
    2.0 ultimate weapon is really only a fun quest at all if you recently did the 1.20 version of it 9r remember it to compare the 2
    Shadow amadel is actually not a terrible boss fight, he did more damage to me as shadow amadel than fully formed amadel
    With the updates to teleport in 2.0, canyons aren't actually that hard to navigate
    Corkus's electromagic seems pathetic, even the best magic users can't do the basic spells needed to take down some robots that are powered by the same magic

Beanie Boi likes this.
  3. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    endgame unique weapons are by all means "viable"

its just that the word "viable" has been twisted to the point where it's synonymous with "optimal"

4. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The new dialogue system is leagues better than the old one.

CCI is good and was even better in its first and original form.

Wynn Province rework should 100% come before Fruma Update (but I know it won't)

Ocean doesn't need a thorough rework, I only wish it was bigger with more islands.

Warp is unironically the best combat Weapon and was the best even before 2.0

BrokenRealities likes this.
  5. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    People saying "warrior best class" are the biggest and fattest neckbearded NPCs.

Cry about it

"my build is private" nerd spotted. No I would not care if they removed this feature. I use it to mock boring builds :cloom:

Not an UO but fax. Twain's Arc my beloved.

Is it? (Not rhetorical but I'm inclined to think they are considering it more e.g whatever the fuck that loud ass Riftwalker ability is)

YES!!! But I think it still needs a buff and I will make a mage thread once I've done more testing.

Oh great heavens I closed the tab but my draft survived.

Add invisible moving platforms :smirk:

No...? Wtf

Introducing... Evil mode.
    Unlock this new gamemode and experience the game on the other side. All quest content reworked.

Yes but then you see stuff like...

- Shadestepper is super fun.

- Sunstar deserves a buff (angry glance at Immolation and Fantasia but back at Immolation because Fantasia is acceptable)

- Inferno was great (boring, but great) before the rework - but I am glad it did get reworked HEAVY HYBRID W @touhoku

- Grimtrap never sucked (much, maybe a little), Cata was busted and Cata's damage nerf was deserved (could use a little buff to the health now tho) i love grimtrap

- Oblivion does not suck in 2.0

- 9/10 times a spell build without some aspect of melee DPS is 10x more boring than hybrid and the general ability tree could use more buffs to melee other than increased base dmg and range.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  6. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    tstack epoch is just kinda boring too… sorry not sorry
    I’d do this just to see players’ reactions
    please. I tried so hard to make viable builds with this and it just sucks no matter how much you rely on slayer and co.
    shhhh don’t make the prices go up. Grim being underrated is great

7. BrokenRealities

BrokenRealities Undefined Variable

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wynntils just logically shouldn't have the feature. It doesn't make sense that you can just casually analyze another player's build when that option is completely unavailable in the regular game - it's an advantage for duels, which I don't even participate in - but as someone who used to use wynntils but doesn't anymore, the feature has been pretty annoying when people expect me to know everyone's builds right off the bat without explanation, and then people don't get that I actually put effort into making a build.
    Time dilation is one out of literal hundreds of upgrades. We have windy feet and time dilation for giving allies speed, and neither of those has the support that heal or shaman has. 3 upgrades for speed (not even on the same class) as opposed to two entire archetypes for healing, and another two for defense. As someone who uses time dilation, it's clearly meant more for your own speed than allies at the level you get it at, and same goes for windy feet.

Literally the title of the thread is unpopular opinions, and if you can't read a random thing on the internet that you don't agree with without replying to it with insulting language maybe you shouldn't be on the thread where the whole point is saying things that people don't agree with. People aren't here to give the opinions you agree with. Deal with it. The fact that I'm ranting against you for this is that clearly, if you are posting in ways that rebuke unpopular opinions, you are talking about your own popular opinions, and therefore are going against the intent of the thread.

Endistic likes this.
  8. Crouton_18

Crouton_18 Either an Airship Captain or a Masochist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This thread shouldn't be correcting people's unpopular opinions

(This is apparently unpopular)

9. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Bruh the Wynn Province has been reworked like 10 times now (most recently Nessak) and we’ve been waiting for Fruma for years now.

10. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Didn't know that Nesaak is the entirety of Wynn. But no really, the small reworks, tweaks, and quests the Wynn province received here and there is not a rework of the entire province, which it deserves.

Wynn Province is the main province of the game (it's even in the name Wynncraft) and it, unfortunately, doesn't look the part. Well actually considering looks only, I don't think any builds even in Wynn are outdated, so I think we're fine in that regard. But almost all quests in the Wynn province are subpar and forgettable. With that I don't want to insult anyone who worked on those quests, I'm sure everyone did their best at the time and I appreciate it, but with most Wynn quests, it's very apparent that they're pretty old.

Wynn province deserves an entire quest/lore overhaul before we get Fruma, but at least I can see it's unpopular haha

11. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I was about to say, build-wise the province is more or less good at this point (I don’t like the new emerald trail but whatever). Anyway, you’re not wrong that a lot of quests in Wynn are forgettable. I recently replayed the Wynn Excavation quest line and yeah, it hasn’t aged well. Especially given how the new Gavel quests utilize new features like dialog choices.

The main issue I have with addressing this… issue is that you’d practically need a main storyline or a series of new quest lines. And it’s been over 9 years and they still haven’t done that because it’s just so much work and planning they have to do to pull it off. And long term planning like that isn’t feasible with a team of volunteers that go through a revolving door.

TL;DR You’re not wrong per se, but it would be an infeasible amount of work for the CT to pull off. And after replaying the game countless times, I’d rather have a new area to explore. Especially since we haven’t had a new area since 1.19.

12. bigmoneytim

bigmoneytim There is no war in the Fruman walls VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wait i thought i was the only person who liked it

13. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    It’s more entertaining if it is

WynnForums likes this.
  14. Merduh

Merduh mergoat CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would rather red overall mythics than green.
    Simply for the memes.

BrokenRealities likes this.
  15. Monkey_Suit

Monkey_Suit Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Tier 3 materials should be removed from all raids, not just TNA.

16. BlueTheSniper

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll take this as an indication that you aren't aware of Hero's status in the meta.

17. BrokenRealities

BrokenRealities Undefined Variable

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't see how that's relevant? Hero boosts damage and defense to allies. It's a mythic, so it's both really strong and far outside of my budget. These aren't opinionative.
    For another unpopular opinion (to be on-topic), fallen is excessively strong against swarms for an archetype without crowd control as a focus.

18. BlueTheSniper

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hero is popular. Hero being strong is not an unpopular opinion.

Sploofie likes this.
  19. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Arcanist DPS should match or exceed max ramp-up Riftwalker, who got to keep their heal.

starx280 likes this.
  20. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ok
    upload_2022-10-16_0-29-14.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.