1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What's Your Wynncraft Unpopular Opinion?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by •WhiteWolf•, Apr 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Papist/Ideology

Papist/Ideology Silly Cat

Minecraft:
    There's a difference between a "nod" to something in pop culture via reference or homage and a literal copy/paste disguised as a "parody". Until this is discovered, some quests will forever make people's eyes roll when they see them.

Edit: Oh, and the reason why servants of gods and Corkian birds become so memeable and up for debate is because Wynn has a problem with characters who are uninteresting or forgettable. Not everyone needs to be "good" or "evil". There are variations of it, there are flaws and shortcomings, and that's what makes a character appealing for discussion.

The fact it's only two characters that have the spotlight is depressing.

cmosier, Spinel, Potatomancer and 8 others like this.
  2. Quint

Quint least estrogenated scripter HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    nuclear take the characters in the game are actually pretty neat (like, i thought laris character writing was good) but i wish we had more fleshed out plot writing and uh padding isnt the word but stretching out some segments of content and condensing others (re: quests) and fixing the pacing of a lot of quests would fix like 90% of my criticism for the content:

i like AJF to be frank from many points of view but i simply cannot get over the fact that despite all the cool and unique and setting (cough cough my green RTD) it took me like five minutes to do and felt anticlimactic. five minute quests are fine just not as the climax of a two part or three part or five part or questline imho.

also the way i play wynn is weird (re: most single player games i complete over two or three weeks, 30m-2h a day on weekdays after school and a few more hours on the weekend) but i play wynn (which is basically singleplayer excepting raid) in massive chunks every several weeks to couple months and most people i know play the same way

and while im getting flamed anyway wynns content density is too high you cant throw a stick without hitting a quest/discovery/build/town/npc/lootchest/cave i think we should restructure a lot of stuff to be more centralized to cities and then have huge expanses of pretty much just mobs and nature between the cities. obv the content would be in the city and surrounding area, but i actually like games with lower content density and think increasing the physical scale of wynn to be bigger to lead to better atmospherics. i think the only big thematics for wynn thats consistent from start to finish is "adventurer" and having spots where you genuinely feel like youre adventuring into a vast wilderness and you feel alone. survival mechanics would be based, too.

also bring back original default forums theme

scalding hot take this isnt even why i dont like the tutorial less its that the new one is a lot more linear... in an open world game with next to no linearity and that is essentially all side content. old tutorial (re: the one from gavel update) having explorable areas and multiple paths that didnt all necessarily lead to something

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Nukewarmachine, kioph, Qzphs and 3 others like this.
  3. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    she a qt

4. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The qira hive mobs are too hard and the bosses too weak. All this does is make the floor bosses (excluding psychomancer) seem kinda menial after fighting through the mob rooms and detracts from what is meant to be the final encounter for that element

5. Jirayut

Jirayut strati masterrace VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Curse and courage could get nerfed to 1/3 of the number and it would still be better than other powder active

Juiceboxing, RenZenthio and Kiocifer like this.
  6. Quint

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    un
    underworld crypt hello??

Potatomancer, Shots and AlleonVera like this.
  7. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Architect of the Realm Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also I think that Cluck Cluck is one of the hardest at-level bosses.

8. Spectral_Ion

Spectral_Ion Thesead Gang

Minecraft:
    Everyone still wants Cluckles to be harder than the dern beast, get ready for a nasty surprise soon...

9. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    How? I don't think I got to SE in 10 minites even when I was doing everything as quickly as possible

RenZenthio likes this.
  10. Qzphs

Qzphs Unskilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lootrunning is fun.

11. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think major ids should have been applied to all tiers of items, especially uniques. The majority of them are still in the "useless" tier, particularly weapons, and adding a lot more major ids with a focus on improving uniques in particular would have been a really good change to build viability.

I'm not the biggest fan of the newer design styles that they've used in the last few updates; it has very cartoony, absurd feel that I don't think fits Wynncraft well in most builds.

Unskippable parkour is terrible. I don't like parkour and I'm not terribly good at it, and frankly I'm more inclined to not repeat a quest if it's got some annoying parkour segment I can't cheat on, because that's a part of the game I don't find fun.

Shaman isn't terribly good or bad, but it's not fun to play.

I'd rather have a short, funny, enjoyable and relatively simple quest like Shattered Minds, Dwelling Walls or Out of my Mind than a huge epic saga like the Realm of Light questline. On that note, Wynnexcavation is still the best series - actually, that isn't all that controversial.

Reincarnation is great.

Corkus is the worst area.

12. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Murder the gods and topple their thrones! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like Corkus aesthetic, but oh my god, Desperate Metal puzzles are literal hell, I don't want to spend like 2 hours doing one quest that is of like no consequence to me

(Yes I commented this just to complain about Desperate Metal, but I honestly don't really like puzzles all that much in general)

Melkor likes this.
  13. Azu

Azu A-mage-ing

Guild:
    Unpopular Opinions:
    The Staff Team goes WAY too easy on scammers and it's too difficult to level up around levels ~70-90.

14. shtnck eyh ckhhe

shtnck eyh ckhhe Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
    Shattered Minds - short, funny, enjoyable?
    Short - yes, it's short, ish, but mainly just because all you do is walk
    Funny - funny the first time, boring the other 10 times
    Enjoyable - it's just walking and spam clicking the frog to end this torture

15. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's fun to explore, and doesn't take a lot of mental power or time if you want to rush through instead. I personally like to look around the forest and see if I can find something new, and then leave whenever I start to get bored.
    I'm not a huge fan of the overall aesthetic. It just feels out of place in a fantasy medieval world. I honestly would have to do that quest again to remember the puzzle; I've totally forgotten it.

RenZenthio likes this.
  16. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i cannot believe this. THE renzenthio has just stated that DESPERATE METAL PUZZLE is BAD. i am unable to ever live this down.

17. Jer

Jer Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    People think that new updates or changes will bring back the magic they felt the first time they played. And when inevitably the new content (good or bad) does not live up to their expectations, they lash out and call the game bad. Nostalgia is just that, nostalgia. And how many of you would play a legacy or an old school server for more than a week? that shit was so ass, new age Wynn has so much better content, and the rose tinted glasses we have are becoming too thick. Take a chill-pill, and play the game.. also MEMORY PARANOIA CAN GO F@$* ITSELF OH MY GOD

Druser, Son_Omega_Dan and nicktree like this.
  18. TotemOfUndying

TotemOfUndying Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Jump height is super annoying, and in my opinion the worst stat in the game.

19. Quint

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    a journey further took almost no time for me to do

both together is definitely more than ten minutes though

is survival mechanics not a controversial thing?

20. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    oh wait, it is ajf not ajb

Still the cutscenes probably do more than that.
    But yeah, it is really short, mostly just talking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.