1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What's Your Wynncraft Unpopular Opinion?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by •WhiteWolf•, Apr 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greehn

Greehn horimiya enjoyer VIP

Minecraft:
    cinfras bank is the most lackluster bank in the game

(builders don't hate me pls :frown:)

Saber527 and Qzphs like this.
  2. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oMg?!!?1?1! You don’t know every path in cotl?? Not even a gamer!!1!!

3. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Murder the gods and topple their thrones! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Man, cotl really is the worst area in the game
    I don't care how it looks, I don't care if it has interesting lore. Just...spending hours, literal hours, just running around looking for stuff was really painful
    (I mean, cotl is fine for me now, mostly cuz wynntils map though. I can somewhat navigate it without the wynntils map though)

Sky islands was also another hard area without map

Also, I don't see why people are hating on wynntils so much in general, I mean, I get annoyed at it cuz it doesn't display potion effects correctly, but it's map feature and ID %'s are really useful.
    And the chest search function
    The red vignette is also really nice for Hero gameplay
    Lootrunning paths are also something I legit couldn't live without (not that I've lootran in like 6 months though, lol)

(And, for people who might point it out to me, yes I know the website map exists, but for practical purposes it's vastly inadequate. It's a cool feature and does help with pathfinding, but having to switch to my browser to view it, and the inability to set waypoints is just annoying and not practical for me when wynntils map is a thing)

4. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    The isometric view of the official map really makes it useless for those areas, everything just blends into a mess

5. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Very much this. Navigating areas like cotl is nigh on impossible with it

Bwitty03 likes this.
  6. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Waiting for mythics to drop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Since we're on the topic of navigation, I'm gonna share my unpopular ranking for my top 5 "difficult to navigate places"

(Most difficult of the difficult)
    - corkus
    - sky islands
    - mesa
    - upper molten heights
    - cotl
    (Least difficult of the difficult)

For those wondering why I find corkus, si, the mesa, and upper molten heights more difficult, its simply because literally all of it looks the same. If I'm not paying attention to the direction I'm going, I end up walking in the opposite direction I intended to go.

As for cotl, yeah its confusing at first but with enough travel through it, it just becomes memorization
    CoTl IsNt HaRd lol

Son_Omega_Dan likes this.
  7. GreenTheMeme

GreenTheMeme Doing damage pleases me sexually

Guild:
    Hating lootrunning is becoming a popular opinion. The head bites the tail, in death, we are born.

I need to get some of the weed that the item team is smoking. (DEFINITELY a popular opinion. This isn't a comment, it's a request.)

Playing and testing builds is why most people play wynncraft. (Might be a popular opinion.)

The lore is great and inspired a lot of my own storytelling. Whoever designed the lore needs more recognition.

8. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’d like more endgame challenges in the form of solo bosses that are harder than EO and LI

9. Skidooskei

Skidooskei King of the Lollipops CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    People who think item overall %s matter should go

100klemonreimu and ExertKarma like this.
  10. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The angle on the online map makes cotl and sky islands impossible to navigate

Aw, im sorry you dislike it. Its my favorite spot, tied with Aldorei.

kioph, Bwitty03, RenZenthio and 3 others like this.
  11. EpsilonDown

EpsilonDown Vibing to TNA theme HERO

Minecraft:
    Elemental defense being additive is not bad game mechanic.

King of Hearts deserves big nerf.

Warp isn't worth it just to buy for lootrunning.

12. Rawb

Rawb Disciple of Bak'al

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I enjoyed the Realm of Light questline EXCEPT for RoL 5. Maybe it's because I pretty much did the entire questline in a single sitting, but RoL 5 feels too fast. Compared to the previous RoL quests which had quite a bit of story to tell, RoL 5 was basically just a setup for the raid (which, fair enough, it is).

Also, biggest peeve is Lari's character growth. It feels too perfect. She literally spent hundreds of years living in her own delusion. Yet, it takes only a few weeks for her to suddenly become another forgettable good guy. It would've been nice to see a bit more hesitation, a bit more of her old self leaking out, but I digress.

I only consider these to be unpopular since I haven't seen anyone else complain about them.

13. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    My unpopular, and probably nostalgic, opinion: Wynn >>> Gavel. Many words will now follow

The province of Wynn is set up like a Zelda game: with seperate regions connected by a larger region, the Wynn Plains. Gavel is composed of a series of bordering regions, with no one region connecting them. What is great about Wynn's (or most Zelda games') design is that it breaks up the adventure and allows more free exploration. Tired of the Desert, or the Jungle? Go chill around Detlas. Explore the area around the rivers. In Gavel, if you're progressing at the expected pace, you are always surrounded by danger.
    Gavel is almost completely linear: it's nearly impossible to explore the later regions at an earlier level, whether deliberately or on accident. In Wynn, you can just head off into a random direction and suddenly you're in Nesaak as a lvl 10. Way more fun, way more interesting.

Wynn's theme is better. I'm not just talking about the Corruption vs Decay as standalone threats, but also how the world and the characters treat them. In Wynn, the great threat is present right from the get-go. It seeps into every area, everyone knows about it, and so many struggle to fight it. Now that I think about it, the Corruption is kind of like a cancer. It's fascinating and terrifying.
    Gavel has the decay. But only the north-western part of Gavel. And most of the province's people never mention it. And there are far more interesting subjects that Gavel already has but doesn't do enough with, such as its greedy royal family in Llevigar, the meteors, and the province falling into the Void. Imagine if the latter was the characteristic threat!

This part is very subjective, but I find Wynn a lot... cuter? Every building is really big in Gavel. Yeah I don't know. I'm absolutely looking at the game with rose-tinted glasses, but I've spent like a third of my life playing Wynncraft, so how can I not. There might be more things I could say about this if I rack my brain, but I think I've said enough, so uh bye

Aya, Uniimog, Son_Omega_Dan and 8 others like this.
  14. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Since I saw some discussion about the online map, might as well give my unpopular opinion about it: I love it. It does a great job of showing the scale of the world and the builds you'll be seeing up ahead. Sure, it may be painful to navigate places like CotL there, but new players are gonna open that map, see all the cool builds and areas ahead, and want to keep playing more - that's certainly what happened to me.

Quint, FauxKiwi, Flame_Frost_ and 5 others like this.
  15. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Murder the gods and topple their thrones! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I guess I don't particularly dislike the area, it's just, navigating it is really really bothersome, especially when it was my first time

16. Ava Cart

Ava Cart If you don't like Ava you die CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Lost Sanctuary is the best dungeon in the entire game

17. RandomJukebox

RandomJukebox gamer with extra cheese VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ok i get opinions exist and all but i think i speak for everyone when i say you are just wrong

cmosier, Bonk, Stag2001 and 7 others like this.
  18. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Budget Wither

Minecraft:
    I know that's an opinion and all but I'm pretty sure you just made half the Wynncraft playerbase scream.

19. Slpc

Slpc Probably yeeting anime girls across the country

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ava simps deserve this song

20. DaCorruption

DaCorruption Serves Dern.

Minecraft:
    The monarchy was overthrown in 750 AP, but something about the current greedy government would be really cool imo
    Considering that most of Cinfras County/Gylia Plains's lore revolves around the meteors, I think they already have a lot of spotlight. Also, I don't think the villagers know of the threat the Canyon Colossus poses over the COTL, simply because they have no idea what the Colossus is. They know it's there but they have no clue what it does. The helmet just next to the Raid Keeper and the Incorporated Humans inside the raid imply that the villagers DID try to send someone in the Colossus to understand what it is, but they never came back. They don't even know there was another Colossus in the Ahms Region. The only people who had even the slightest hint of what the Colossus is were the ancient Villagers who lived in the Sky Islands before the Fracturing, and the Doguns, both of which are extinct or almost extinct. But I kind of like the idea that the villagers don't even understand what might be their biggest threat.
    As for the Decay, I think this ties into the Villagers themselves: they don't care. That's the biggest trait of their species, the fact that they only tend to themselves and, unless something is threatening them personally, they don't mind anything else that happens. This also explains their signature greed and racism against humans. Actually, I think it'd be fairly out of character for them to actually care enough about the Decay to try and collaborate with Lari or to try and find a cure for it. The Villagers basically have hegemony over Gavel and they're the richest species in the game, surely they have something else to care/worry about. I think the biggest charm of the Llevigar Plains ultimate and the whole Dullahan thing is that this is what happens when a species that is usually selfish and greedy is pushed to desperation: they decide to work together for their future. In Llevigar Plains, the Decay was quickly advancing towards the city. In Gelibord, they were desperate to stop the Decay and found someone who may have started it. And in both cases, the villagers united for a common cause.
    So as I said I think the villagers of Cinfras, a city that has never been attacked by the Decay, would never try to actually go and stop the Decay as it'd be out of character, since it doesn't pose a threat to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.