1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Archer/Hunter Help What's The Best Endgame Spell Archer Build?

Discussion in 'Class Builds' started by Dr Zed, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    For the first time in my 7 years of playing I'm finally about to reach level 100 on my archer class. Though so far I've just been using Torrential Tide and the Champion armor set along with Bob's Mythic Bow for enemies with high water defense. While that's been enough for most challenges, I would like a better build for Qira and LI and the raids coming soon.

Requirements:
    8/4 mana regen
    Decent spell damage
    At least average health
    No heavy risks
    Should be able to solo LI and Qira

No LI items, crafted items, or mythics

I'm leaning towards using Cluster for the weapon. If you can find a different weapon that makes another build work better then use that different weapon.

Any elemental combination is fine, i.e. Air and Water; Thunder, Air, and Water; Fire, Earth, and Water, etc. I prefer you don't go over 3 elemental combinations.

Mana steal is okay but I prefer mana regen since mana regen is more reliable. If you think that you could make a better build focused more on mana steal then feel free to share. Just be sure to justify why. Same goes with the other requirements. Don't completely disregard all of them though.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  2. Verle

Verle Atlas Devotee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    there's no best build

Here are two meta builds you could try out:

https://wynndata.tk/s/si1wkb - TWF Spellsteal Cluster
    When fighting Qira, Orange Cybel and Dr. Legendary, there'll be quite some other mobs in the arena, so your Chain Lightning can provide a lot of mana and life sustain.

https://wynndata.tk/s/npsqh0 - EWA Spellspam Orange Lily
    Olily is sometimes not recommended since it destroys Arrow Shield cost; you have to be comfortable with that.

Be warned that some items in these builds will be nerfed soon(?) in the upcoming update (Nighthawk, Virtuoso), so be careful with your emeralds

Brutakah, Dr Zed and RenZenthio like this.
  3. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Not too shabby. Like I said before I prefer mana regen over mana steal but this is all right. Part of it is that I think it's the easiest to just wait for your mana to recover while arrow shield is procced instead of trying to hit an enemy to recover your mana. I definitely like the element combo.

That's a dealbreaker; Arrow Shield is one of the best spells in the game because it practically negates Archer's only disadvantage of low defense. While arrow bomb has damage and arrow storm has knockback neither can block attacks in all directions multiple times. Escape is good to have but it can also be unreliable if you get hit right when you do it or get swarmed or cornered. Plus you could land right on top of more enemies too if you're not careful or the game decides to spawn some one top of you.

4. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage Mod pinned my thread after I asked them not to :/ HERO

Minecraft:
    Olily is a lot of fun though, you get crazy output and you're still fairly tanky given the lack of arrow shield. It's also not going to be hit that hard by 1.20, only a baby nerf imo.

If you're looking for a good and easy archer build though I would stick to Morph and infused hive. I know it doesn't really meet your specs, but it's probably better then what you're looking for to solo Qira and LI (especially Qira, with a morph build she's a complete joke)

5. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Blue Mask Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    WFA ttide :D
    https://wynndata.tk/s/zax9g2

Dr Zed likes this.
  6. Shutler

Shutler pikachu has uwu-ed! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dr Zed likes this.
  7. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    You can solo LI and Qira with just Morph?

Shutler likes this.
  8. Shutler

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes, you can, full morph has 6/4 mr btw

Sg_Voltage and Dr Zed like this.
  9. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Looks like the best one so far.

10. hppeng

hppeng 0 intel is the correct amount of intel VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    RenZenthio likes this.
  11. Saya

Saya yeah don't mislead newbies thanks VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    WFA ttide is by far the best build for your requirements (so far at least). It's extremely hard to die with and lets you spam spells forever.
    Don't get baited by TWA numbers, they're not even that high- none of these are even hitting 30k storms except for olily and cluster, and cluster is pretty much locked into spellsteal.

Note that the posted builds are also using master hive items which might be an issue...
    Oh no, it's mixed mana cluster but bad. How did you manage to do so little damage with CLUSTER?

Solid ttide, definitely the safer option and what I would recommend the most out of this thread so far... but it also uses eden-blessed and I feel like you're not looking for that since you haven't done qira.

Consider going olily- don't knock it until you've tried it. It's your first lv100 char after all.

12. hppeng

hppeng 0 intel is the correct amount of intel VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sano's care, thats how :3 / questionable build skills outside of mage lol

13. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    Yeah lol, The orange Cybel is a bit of a pain in the ass, I like to use Skill pots to make it less frustrating, but every other LI boss is stupid easy. The Qira is even easier, you take basically no damage and deal a ton. It's actually a joke how good Morph is, plus it can also be a good loot bonus set since it gives something like 100% LB.

14. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    First one is pretty decent. One less mana regen than I wanted but there's also mana steal so too.

The second one is kinda meh in terms of damage and has a bit too much mana regen. Anything beyond 12/4 mana regen is a bit excessive.

Both share the problem that I didn't choose Dragon's Eye Bracelet and I haven't done a Hunter's Calling yet. And I would prefer to have this build already before I do Hunter's Calling. So no Ornate Shadow gear.

15. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    I agree with everything you said except the last line, I wouldn't really call Olily an entry build since it really deviates from the standard archer playstyle. It's fun but I think it also takes some experience and some getting used too.

16. Shutler

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, go for olily, it's a bomb spam bow. Getting used to Arrow Shield can cause you to accidentally do arrow shields with olily, though, so try to be careful on that.
    Tbh I like cluster more since it does more dps, but you want spellspam and not spellsteal so that's gone

Dr Zed likes this.
  17. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Hmm... All right. I might just go the Morph route then. I'd prefer more mana regen but not the end of the world. I'll still look into other builds though.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  18. Saya

Saya yeah don't mislead newbies thanks VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Go do it on another character then, you're requesting a defensive mr spell build without dragon's eye... where dragon's eye is the automatic choice unless you go EWF olily (where draoi is the autopick, and even for eTWF cluster it can be picked but not usually)
    It is the standard archer playstyle. Most less-experienced archers spam bomb over storm, the only thing olily punishes is constantly spamming shield. You can still shield with olily, you just have to think a bit more when doing so.

Dr Zed and Sg_Voltage like this.
  19. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    There's no way I could do a trade off for mana regen with mana steal like Virtuoso?

20. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    That's totally fair, I guess Morph made me reliant on the shield and I haven't gotten used to it yet. Still, iirc the best Olily builds still take Draoi Fair and Ornate shadow armor, not too sure about that though.