1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Poll What Is Your Favorite Forum Theme And Why?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by colin350, Dec 15, 2018.

?

What is your most preferred forum theme?

1. Full Moon [Dark Theme]

24.7%
  2. Journey [Light Theme]

13.6%
  3. Hallowynn

6.6%
  4. Starry Night

49.8%
  5. 25 Days of Craftmas

6.6%
  6. Northern Glow

20.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I took that screenshot on my PC.

2. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I don't have that problem when I tried it.

3. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Some computer's dark theme have that while scrolling down. Others, like mine, don't scroll down.

Also they made the Store tab golden so you would click more and buy stuff obvs lol

Druser likes this.
  4. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    Full moon cuz I like being able to see properly after i spend too much time on the forums

5. TitanZERØ

TitanZERØ Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    i like dark theme, because it fits more with discord and the server when switching tabs
    and from the 4 dark themes i prefer the full moon one because i don't like the coloured quotes and links from halowynn and starry night, and the northern glow one feel to squared and pixelated for me

6. Cenpyla

Cenpyla Zap HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the style of Starry Night but the colors of Northern Glow and Journey.
    I switch between using dark and light themes occasionally.

NITEHAWKX and JaydonTheWarrior like this.
  7. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    light theme sucks now why did you do this

8. dreamer101

dreamer101 Luto Aquarum enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    I stick with dark theme because I don’t want to damage my eyes more.

Also, everything simply comes together nicely.

9. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like everything about Northern Glow except that it's perpetually Christmas themed. I used Starry Night for a while, but I prefer the more aqua-y blue and light gray background that Norther Glow uses. The light themes burn my eyes and have unappealing color schemes, seriously brown and white don't match. Hallowynn is actually really good, except it's always Halloween and the orange feels slightly out of place compared to the generic blue for hyperlinks that most people are used to.

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  10. Headset_O

Headset_O I used to do stuff for this server CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've pretty much stuck to whatever light theme the forums had to offer throughout the years, so currently it's Journey. I absolutely cannot stand white text on a dark background and focusing on bright text is worse than everything other than the text being bright.
    I definitely wouldn't mind something inbetween light and dark theme, with darker colors but still keeping the text darker than the background, but light theme probably isn't popular enough for that.

Also this in the shoutbox:
    [​IMG]
    The first text is slightly too bright, it's not really important but still kinda makes the Wynncraft just hang there and the highlight thing just makes it impossible to read what you are clicking on.

Gogeta and Druser like this.
  11. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The background colors and general feel of northern glow is easily my favorite.
    Its not as plain or as dark as the other dark themes, being still somewhat bright. But it isn't eye blinding white.

Sadly its holiday specific.

12. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    I use the Light Theme, because it was the default theme and I never bothered to switch unlike on Discord.

However, the default font color on Starry Night is eye-burningly white, and I don't think darkening it would help with the contrast.

Something I love about it, though, is that the Profile, Inbox, and Alerts tabs are in the top right corner, WHERE THEY BELONG. That god awful mobile website-wannabe floating menu button on Journey is irritating.

13. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Starry night is literally perfect and has been my go to for over two years now. I don't mind northern glow, but the whole "always Christmas" bugs me.

Also, starry night has the best tool bar IMO. Call me crazy all you want, but it's nice having the tool bar in an easy to get to place.

14. Twilo101

Twilo101 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    After looking through all of them, I like Starry Night the most. To get it out of the way, I like Dark Themes because they don't burn my eyes out when looking at them in the dark.
    Now, as for the actual reason. It's a combination of my affinity for the night sky, and the fact that the dark blue used in the background is just really nice to look at. This doesn't mean I don't like the others, but this one's just my favourite

15. tomjerry92

tomjerry92 Warrior Sympathizer

Minecraft:
    I agree that the default Journey theme can be hard to read with sometimes, but it just fits the Wynn atmosphere so well.
    I think the same can be said for Northern Glow besides the fact that it is a dark theme. I prefer this over Starry Night simply because Northern Glow has color to it rather than a surprising dark and bland feel.

16. Assassin420

Assassin420 Experienced Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First pick is Starry Night and just looks pretty to me. Second is Journey, because I both like it and I'm use to it.

17. Jelliee_

Jelliee_ ♡Owner of SDY♡ VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    WynncraftTheme is/was my personal preference. My eyes are already damaged as can be, so may as well use a light theme. I feel that popping white text on a dark background hurts my eyes more than a big white background anyway. White text on a black background is also unnatural (i.e. people don't write on black paper) and mildly uncomfortable to me. Side note, some people don't understand dark theme friendly colours. I tried to use some sort of dark theme before and ran into this thread with black text which made me switch back to WynncraftTheme.

WynncraftTheme has got the best colours, shape, and overall flow in my opinion. It's a pretty nostalgic theme to me as well so I was admittedly a bit disappointed when it got removed. Anything else I have to say was all mentioned in previous posts.

18. SuspiciousPie

SuspiciousPie Retired mod, professional pizza and sushi lover HERO

Minecraft:
    I like "Starry Night" the most because the dark themes are easier on my eyes. I'd actually like to use the "Dark Theme [Full Moon]" instead, but the titles are less visible, cause they're almost the same color as the background. In Starry Night, they got that nice blue touch, which I really like. :3

Starry Night:

Screenshot_20181223-125841__01.jpg

Dark Theme [Full Moon]:

Screenshot_20181223-125736__01.jpg

19. Mainternet

Mainternet Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    full moon duh

20. Sebiee

Sebiee Former Lootrunner CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I prefer the Starry Night theme because the dark theme is far easier on my eyes. Also and the art in the background is easily my favorite, I'm not sure why it just feels really relaxing to look at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.