1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide What I Do Early Game- But It May Help You Too

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Ankarin, Nov 24, 2020.

?

was this guide helpful?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. no

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. with feedback

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Ankarin

Ankarin Tree beastie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    keep in mind, this is what I do, this may not be your playstyle.
    The beginning-
    at the start of the game, yes i do the tutorial, this is to gain 20-25 emeralds and level up at least once.
    After the tutorial-
    if i am level 2 by the end, i go right ahead and do the quest "Poisoning the pest" this is sure to give me enough emeralds for the next step.
    After your first quest...
    I go to the armorer in Ragni, i buy 1 chipped leather pants, and the whole set of unique armor from him. Some you will be able to wear right away, some you won't
    After buying armor-
    After buying your set of gear, start making your way across the emerald trail, and start the quest "Enzan's Brother" of course..
    On the Emerald Trail-
    The just start walking along the trail, go out of your way to kill a few zombies and maybe get an unidentified item. Near the middle of the emerald trail there is a little center with a blacksmith and an identifier, if you have items to sell or stuff to identify, here is the place to do it.
    Further up, to the right you will see a big tower, and enemies with stars, these mobs drops loads of xp. Kill the zombies all the way up to level 7-10 (whichever you prefer) then venture into Nivla Forest.
    Nivla Forest-
    In Nivla, there is a quest and a mini-quest, you will see them as you walk along the path, do them if you want. There is also a powder merchant, however i don't recommend you use him since you will get a better weapon soon.
    Detlas Outskirts-
    At this phase there really isn't much to do other than make it to detlas.
    Detlas-
    In Detlas, there are alot of things, i don't feel like naming all of them but click the link for more info. However here i use the emeralds i got on the path, and buy a new set of armor from the armorer, and 2 weapons from the weaponsmith (one i can use, one i can't) After this i go do the quest "tunnel trouble" because it unlocks fast travel from ragni-detlas, which can be very important.
    After tunnel trouble-
    After tunnel trouble i go along the Black Road, this is East of detlas, here there are lots of mooshrooms, at level 10 they give decent xp, so grind them until you can use your new weapon, then grind at the grind spot at 616 62 -1545, this will give tons of xp and can usually carry you to level 20 you can also do the quest "Potion Making"
    After that...
    Your good! do some quests, look up some grind spots and you'll be fine.
    side notes-
    This is what i do, it may not be what you do
    Any feedback? leave it in the comments
    did you want a link somewhere? ask that too
    did i do something wrong? ask that too

Shutler likes this.
  2. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Early game was so long ago it seems like a fever dream I can’t even remember how I got levels

_TheRealJesus likes this.
  3. Ankarin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Starting a new character is always fun, can recommend

4. Sunshine_Sammy

Sunshine_Sammy Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    You like making threads, don't you?

Arkade, Bart (MC), nuuurd and 4 others like this.
  5. Shutler

Shutler pikachu has uwu-ed! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    just do quests to level up ;)

6. LuckLord22

LuckLord22 cool HERO

Minecraft:
    Okay, so I have a few problems with this thread so I'll just get started...

So I can understand the free level, but it's definitely not worth the at least 5 minutes that it takes to do and the prof XP isn't worth it either. And if you're doing the tutorial for 25 emeralds then I think I've identified a problem already because you can easily get a few stacks of emeralds by just opening a few t3 chests found in obvious locations.

There's nothing really wrong with this to be honest, other than the quest being slower than actually spending time leveling but I guess if you want the 100% quest completion later than there's nothing wrong with that. Also, the emeralds don't really matter since there's nothing that you're going to want to spend them on-

Uhh, what? You can just open any chest around the emerald trail and likely find a rare maybe even legendary item (probably only from a t3 chest) that you can use in like three levels or so. And besides, you'll outlevel your gear basically immediately with how fast you'll be leveling so it doesn't really matter if you have armor or not and since 90% of the mobs you encounter are going to be melee, your biggest threat is going to be the Ragni Archers that accidentally hit you when trying to shoot other mobs.

[​IMG]
    Therk will be waiting.

Yup, that grind spot is really good for XP at its level, I recommend grinding until maybe level 10-15 and absolutely skipping Nivla because it's pointless.

You forgot to mention Therk again, also if you get powders then I think it's still a good idea to slap one on your weapon which you should craft with some powders and a Therk Chain which can create something amazing like this
    [​IMG]

I mean you should be looting chests all the way there to get legendaries and rares which you can use at your level. Also if you're really looking for efficiency you can snag some mushrooms which you'll use later for the potion quest and the mini-quest past Detlas.

I was going to say that you would probably want to find a set of armor of the TM that you could buy, but then I checked 1-19 and realized that literally no one sells anything useful at this level so whatever. But still, buying things from merchants is just a scam since you should either loot chests to find items to identify or use your rewards from dungeons to purchase something helpful.

And despite you being entirely correct about doing Tunnel Trouble as soon as possible, I have yet to do it on my level 105 HIH for some reason which I literally cannot justify. But yeah, this fast travel is really helpful because you can then go back to Ragni and do Decrepit sewers and get some actually helpful gear for playing the game.
    [​IMG]

Now this is why we grabbed the mushrooms back in the Nivla step. You can immediately complete the mini-quest slaying post thing and then go in and slay Essren immediately to gain a free level once you are at the level that you can do those. This is typically the spot I go to when leveling my classes to level 20 for Grave Digger so cool.

Okay this is the thing that bothers me the most, quests and grind spots. First off, there's more content to the game than just quests and grinding such as, boss altars, dungeons, builds, and other stuff and it's a very vague statement. I mean really, what other thing did you explain other than doing quests and grind spots other than maintaining proper gear by buying them from merchants. You tagged this as beginners guide but it's not a very good guide as it's very vague and pretty obvious. It doesn't seem like anybody else decided to give any feedback though, other than voting "no" in the poll, which kinda sucks to be honest. The guide is way too short, obvious, and it misses key points that players will often be stuck on when they first play the game and it can definitely be improved on. The real problem was the explanation of everything because the content of what was said was totally fine but you definitely could've gone more in depth and put more time into your thread, not that I'm trying to say that it's horrible or anything, it just needs improvement to really be a guide.

tl;dr use therk set

7. Shutler

Shutler pikachu has uwu-ed! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    use therck set moment :moyai: (please dont it is not worth the grind) just get random gear and IDing gear from the mobs and stuff and getting armor, then do quests until you can get more gear (some quest gear are good), get an actual build if you're struggling with a quest or with a boss or something, or like just surviving mobs at-level

8. _Johku

_Johku Monster enjoyer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. /skiptutorial
    2. go to the t3 ragni chest for a chance to get rarity
    3. go to ragni grind spot
    4. do the tunnel quest
    5. lvl 12 go to the mushroom grind spot near detlas
    6. lvl 25 go to the savanna grind spot near detlas
    7. lvl 30 put on adventurer set and go to a herbcave party
    9. lvl 65 go to the forgery(also do the passage quest its very useful)
    10.you are lvl 100

Ankarin likes this.
  9. Matteo_Games

Matteo_Games dog HERO

Minecraft:
    What I do usually is do every quest and enjoy them and level up like God intended

dr_carlos likes this.
  10. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage Didn't Level Scribing Since I Don't Have Friends HERO

Minecraft:
    I think taking on decrepit sewers before Nivla and Detlas is a better call, it's super easy, you get basically 2 free levels and a really great early chestplate from it and there are some good things for low level players in the shop. Grinding for keys for DS is super easy too, so taking it on 5-6 times can get you all the way to level 15+, from there I would say skip all the quests and go straight for the Infested pit, the quest is super easy and if you can get 5 keys from drops you can buy the spider set which is good enough to get you to level 40 easy. Doing early quests is a lot safer, but dungeons are a much, much faster way to get XP, plus you can get some really great items. Doing tunnel trouble is a great call though, super useful quest, though I would skip the mooshrooms and aim for lost sanctuary at 24 and Underworld Crypt at 27. Neither of those super great for XP, but they should be good enough to get the quests around Almuj like the mercenary and the bank one which can carry you to SST which is the fastest way to 40. From there I guess going back and doing all the missed quests is probably a good call.

Ankarin likes this.
  11. Ankarin

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    my only issue with what you just said... lost sanctuary is too long and gives too little xp, just do grave digger and go to the graveyard spot

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  12. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage Didn't Level Scribing Since I Don't Have Friends HERO

Minecraft:
    That's totally fair, I was thinking it's a free level but spider set gives you so much xp bonus it's actually probably faster to grind that level out then it would be to do the quest and dungeon.

Ankarin likes this.