1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What’s a boss that really needs a rework?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by NoGoodGod, Mar 9, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Counterpoint: Raksha from RS3 - he does have 2 enrage phases for phase transitions, you can still attack and tangibly damage him towards the next phase but he will deal anywhere from 3k to 4k damage while stampeding because of the rockfalls. Stationary otherwise. (a better example from the same game would be TzKal-Zuk (not talking about the OSRS one since that's different), who takes zero damage during a certain mechanic until you use a special attack that nukes his damage nullification and stops you from getting instakilled)

As for Wynncraft, probably all of the bosses that prohibit a certain class from reliably beating it. If you are going to put "shotgun" as a ranged attack type, make it slightly telegraphed so that Warriors don't have to hug the boss and eat instant death to the face. Offenders include Psychomancer, Death Metal (P2 in particular) and, although it isn't a boss, the CGG Key Guardian.

EpsilonDown likes this.
  2. starx280

starx280 The boy who cried lunar VIP

Minecraft:
    Solar vanguard. Why the hell did the devs think a dps based counterattack mechanic with seemingly no limit was a good idea

Nukewarmachine likes this.
  3. inigbamL

inigbamL Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    If anything he has the opposite problem, since despite him trying to be a reverse dps check (I dunno what you'd call that lmao), its straight up easier to just kill him in a few seconds if you can since the geysers are laughably easy to dodge even when you spawn hundreds just by breathing on him. Then again this is moreso a problem with 2.0s stupidly high dps which: By the way is still very much a problem.

Deusphage likes this.
  4. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    maybe your just way better than me but i feel as if at level its actually pretty hard alone

Deusphage and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  5. starx280

Minecraft:
    I.. really disagree.

The geysers are littering the floor when I fight him, and boy they do a crap ton of damage with that cursed mechanic. Even if one is simple to dodge, you’ll be forced to move to one just starting to activate because of how much space they collectively cover.

With a scenario like that, it would be quite easy to be clipped by at least a few of them, and that alone can decide the fight.

shacers likes this.
  6. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    skill issue tbh...

7. starx280

Minecraft:
    What the **** did you just ******* say about me, you little *****? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another ******. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ******* words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ******. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, ******. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your ****. You’re ****, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can **** you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your *** off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ******* tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn *****. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ******, kiddo.

Holy **** this copypasta is mean I hope you don’t take this seriously it’s a joke I’m sorry mods don’t ban me I had to censor this for 10 minutes

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    Nukewarmachine and shacers like this.
  8. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    no

starx280 likes this.
  9. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yea ...

10. bigmoneytim

bigmoneytim There is no war in the Fruman walls VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i was about to say amadel but then the post was about amadel
    i guess CoW, he is super outdated
    Edit: I feel like all really old superbosses (Amadel, CoW, and Death) really need reworks
    CoW has received buffs to his health over the years but he is still incredibly easy to kill once you figure him out. I also really don't like that if he hits you, you die.
    Amadel is the biggest pushover I have ever seen. I've only died to him once because I played him on-level without any knowledge as to how to fight his "shadow" form.
    Death has a similar situation with CoW, except he has this stupid mechanic where if you leave him alive for too long he summons mister Spawner Head Zombie who will one shot you with his funny heavy charge.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    starx280 likes this.
  11. starx280

Minecraft:
    My guy is defending me despite my 8 iq thank you :.)

shacers likes this.
  12. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

I'm sorry to say this, but

New Charon

MlecznyHuxel99 and starx280 like this.
  13. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    going to agree with OP and say that Amadel is the boss who is in the most need of a rework. He used to be a superboss but his power has not scaled with balancing updates and he's now comically weak compared to Bob and even CoW. I think his entire questline also needs a rework, but that's a topic for another day

bigmoneytim likes this.
  14. EpsilonDown

EpsilonDown Vibing to TNA theme HERO

Minecraft:
    One reason Amadel was nerfed was because it's stupidly long trip to get to boss arena if you die. From troms, all the way to deepest dernel jungle and the ancient city.

Need to solve that before buffing the boss tbh. Add shortcut on troms palace or something.

KingQwerty and starx280 like this.
  15. inigbamL

inigbamL Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Late But

16. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    It’s definitely Amadel, by far. The Wynn excavation questline in general is really outdated and should probably be a high priority rework, but Amadel especially is just incredibly outdated even when you don’t consider how easy he is, what with the generic dialogue and moveset and the fact that you need to deposit amadel goo at his assistant to progress to the next stage of the fight like some sad amalgamation of the Qira hive and the Eye fight.

I think beyond that the Bigfoot fight, Garaheth fight, and the weird plant boss battle in Out of my Mind could use some reworks, as well

17. starx280

Minecraft:
    Man almost got 2 shot

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.