1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

We Got Diamond And Pearl Remakes. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Xx_Da_Homeboi_xX, Feb 26, 2021.

?

How do the Gen 4 Remakes look to you?

1. 3 - Best Remakes and Best Pokemon Game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2 - Decent Remakes, but there are better ones

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  3. 1 - Worst Remakes and a sin to the main series of Pokemon

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Xx_Da_Homeboi_xX

Xx_Da_Homeboi_xX Jungle Secret Discoveries Wynn?

Minecraft:
    I'm pretty hyped for it, I just don't like how the characters look stubby, and to me, feels like a waste of potential from the graphics. Dialga Statue is cool though.

Also the names. They should have been called Temporal Diamond and Celestial Pearl, not Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. I think the former sounds cooler.

Otherwise, Gen 4 Remakes are going to be the best remakes fight me if you say otherwise.

Oh yeah and also Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Don't know if it will be a spin-off title or actually classified as a main game.

Edit: Now that I think of it, D&P Remakes won't be as good as other games such as ORAS.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  2. Samsam101

Samsam101 Talking mushroom best character CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Omega ruby and alpha sapphire.
    There you go.

I don't want to start a flame war but I'd just like to point out that the D/P remakes don't seem to have anything new to the game that wasn't in the OG Sinnoh while ORAS, HGSS and FRLG all introduced interesting new mechanics and in some cases parts to the story. The sinnoh remakes look kinda lazy to me and I'd have preferred Sinnoh in the SWSH style with dynamax and stuff. If it had that it would've been the best remakes so far. ORAS still holds the title of best remakes IMO

3. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Minecraft:
    80% of people who play pokemon complain about dynamax. They say it makes the game too easy/unpredictable/is a lazy mechanic, game freak was right to not add it.

4. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In my opinion, dynamax is pretty balanced. It only lasts 3 turns and you can't use it unless you're in an important battle. People who complain about it fail to realise that mega evolution is even more busted and they still ask for it. Mega evolutions can be used anywhere and they last forever. Dynamax was, at least in my opinion, a step in the right direction.

5. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Minecraft:
    With megas at least you can predict which pokemon can do it. Megas also don't get exclusive busted moves when they mega evolve. In addition, Smogon has banned dynamax from OU specifically because it's too unpredictable and you can't play around it with skill. But you know pokemon fans, they're always gonna find something to complain about. Sword and Shield also wasn't the best of pokemon games, which fueled the hate.

6. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el

Minecraft:
    I’m conflicted. On one hand, I like the artstyle. I was expecting it to look like Link’s Awakening because it just made sense. The original DS game was on a grid, Sw/Sh isn’t. They would essentially have to redesign the whole map to make it work in Sw/Sh’s style. On the other hand, the character models just look...wrong. Lucas’ walking animation looks like a wind-up toy.

I have faith in it though, solely because it’s not developed by Gamefreak.

Samsam101 likes this.
  7. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would just like to say that I will like the D/P remakes if they actually introduce some cool new stuff like ORAS did
    They were only just announced so we hardly know anything about it yet
    I've taken some time to think about it and actually I think these games will be good, I was being a bit of a critic earlier

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  8. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I feel like the models in the new games are just a cursed mix between the OG and what ORAS had going on, real shame since I think ORAS really nailed the art and proportions so everything looked cute while still feeling properly proportioned. I think it'll just take time to get used to, still optimistic that these games will actually be competently made unlike SWSH.

That legends game is kind of wild though. Doubt it'll be any good based on what they showed but at least they're trying something actually new for once and it's still got a full year of dev time so there's a good chance it'll be looking better in six months.

AlleonVera likes this.
  9. TheAckening

TheAckening Travelled Adventurer

The character designs in the Diamond and Pearl trailer are just horrible, sorry. Mix the Let's Go designs with funko pop and you'll probably get those designs. I don't understand why you think that these will be the best remakes in the series. We don't know much other than the art style is kinda odd for a Pokémon game.
    As for Pokémon Legends: Arceus, I'm conflicted. Conceptually it sounds great and I am very interested as to what the plot will be, but the over world looked barren and the graphics don't seem great. (Although that's not very important)

AlleonVera and Samsam101 like this.
  10. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wish people would stop calling sword and shield bad, they're actually pretty good games
    I still preferred ORAS and sun and moon but SWSH is not as bad as most people make it out to be
    I'm glad that the development of both games now is actually taking time though, and it won't just be rushed out for once
    The overworld is barren because the game is still pretty early in development and they need time to introduce new stuff (I don't feel like it'll be as fun as BOTW though, since there won't be any ruins to explore probably). As for graphics, what are you expecting really. Besides, games like Minecraft have shown that a game doesn't need incredible graphics to be good. I think it's too early yet to make any decisions on Legends: Arceus yet anyway. Expect locations and routes from Sinnoh to be in the game though.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  11. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    SWSH are just so laughably lazy until you include the DLC. Almost every animation is ripped from the 3DS era, the only reason why any models were remade was to make dynamaxing animations work, they dropped so many popular mechanics like megas and z-moves (glad they got rid of those tbh), and the writing is awful. The game also just doesn't look good. Pokemon worked on handhelds because the games were almost half the price and only needed to look good on a smaller screen, but when you go into the big league you need to compete with games like BOTW, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade which might not be to your taste, but they still clearly have higher production value and more content compared to SWSH.

Pokemon is also literally the largest franchise in the world, there's no excuse for the games having any issue at all. They could bring in the greatest game designers in the world if they needed to but they know people will buy the games regardless so they don't really bother making any meaningful changes. I guess what I'm trying to say is that SWSH aren't bad games, they're just so disappointing and feel more like 3DS games then proper Switch games.

As for legends, I agree, the overworld will probably have some work done, we still don't know what the point of the game is yet so there's no reason to assume there won't be anything to do. The Pokemon running at like 4 fps is a little odd though...

AlleonVera and Samsam101 like this.
  12. Samsam101

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The trailer literally said the game is about making the first pokedex for the Sinnoh region. There will probably be side quests

As for the 4 FPS that's either the art style of the game or beta animations
    or it could be laziness but idk

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  13. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    Idk, either way the game looked decent, I don't plan on making any real judgments until they show off something closer to a finished product in 6-8 months.