1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Update - Last Teaser

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Salted, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TempleOfLegends

TempleOfLegends Emma CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Holy fuck yes :D

Fruit987 and XavierEXE like this.
  2. Enhanced_Human

Enhanced_Human Natural Born World-Shaker

Minecraft:
    Oh boy, can't wait to round up a bunch of Level 1 Zombies and then manage to destroy all of them in a single left-click.

XavierEXE and donda biblioteca like this.
  3. TempleOfLegends

TempleOfLegends Emma CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    then play archer

4. Enhanced_Human

Enhanced_Human Natural Born World-Shaker

Minecraft:
    I do, it was a joke.

5. Leo Wynn

Leo Wynn Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    What will happen to our powders? :o

6. kioph

kioph ahh yes heavy melee hmm yes

Considering I have a water archer, I feel a heal effect for everything water could be a little op. High damage coupled with high heal?

Triverr likes this.
  7. Turtlebomb

Turtlebomb idk VIP+

Minecraft:
    So it looks like 1. special mythic abilities, and 2. powders will be able to do things such as add/change elemental damage, or 3. combing powders on a piece of gear to unlock a corresponding ability; if so, what would it do for armor?

8. DCM627

DCM627 Recluse of a Blue Slime HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not sure if everyone else saw this but the "Damage: 240%" has the lightning symbol but somewhat the color of air. (I feel like master of the obvious right here)... so maybe they're adding special abilities based on your elements, probably based on weapon elements based on the pic we have... just an idea to throw out there...

XavierEXE likes this.
  9. Chocolaty_Bear

Chocolaty_Bear Well-Known Adventurer

I have bad news! Peppered is coming with the next update! It's a bug that was caused when posting this thread. Peppered is not happy with you Salted. What are you going to do??

10. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    while I'm hugely excited for this, will the attack speed bug be fixed if it hasn't already?

XavierEXE and Jacquie like this.
  11. Kraby

Kraby *insert clever meme* VIP+

Minecraft:
    HYPE TRAIN
    BUT SALTED YOU GOOF THRUNDA HAS SO MUCH WATER DAMAGE AND U DONT USE ANY WATER POWDERS?

donda biblioteca and XavierEXE like this.
  12. Golurk_

Golurk_ In Golurk We Trust

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat

Can't wait.

XavierEXE likes this.
  13. ShamBot

ShamBot Wh40k fanatic VIP+

Minecraft:
    There's no breaks on this HYPE train
    (∩ ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)⊃━☆゚.*

14. pretzellover33

pretzellover33 Eater of pretzul- ahem, Pretzels HERO

Minecraft:
    What if I want to buff my neutral weapon without changing its damage type? Like, most neutral weapons typically have a larger amount of slots. Do we just... not use powders? :(

XavierEXE likes this.
  15. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Super late theory time! (was on trip all day.)

It seems I was roughly right on what powders would do: Boost elemental damage (because I was totally the first person to come up with a theory on what powders would do)

We don't know what powder tier Salted placed on the Thrundacrack, but I'm willing to bet it's at least tier 4 or higher.

Anyways, it seems that if you apply powder to a weapon with neutral damage it will change/replace the the neutral damage to elemental damage based on the type of powder. (Lower tier powders could probably change only 50% of the neutral damage, is 100% neutral damage replacement the highest? Could we make the neutral damage stronger with higher-tier powders? Who knows.)

However, it seems something special will happen if you combine a powder with a weapon that has that same element as the powder.

For example: As we see in this teaser, if you combine Yellow/Thunder with a weapon that does Thunder damage, not only will it boost that elemental damage even more than normal, you'll also get some sort of special attack!

If I am right and I'm always 100% right obviously, the meta will change greatly, and not in a bad way: Weapons that are entirely neutral damage like Empire Builder, the Hive weapons, Tisaun's Proof, all normal weapons may be able to do elemental damage now, but in the end, it's still a new coat of paint with elemental damage that can be boosted by Skill points/IDs, and as for weapons that already have elemental damage or are entirely elemental damage......

.... Holy shit: elemental damage in general will no longer be reskined damage that can be boosted by various sources! (as long as your weapon isn't entirely neutral)
    It seems that powders may allow elements to not just be different ways to play, but actually have unique styles of attacking per elements! This changes everything! No wonder various members of the content team said powders would be game changing....

-------

It also seems neutral damage will no longer be the best kind of "element", take Alazarin with it's 5 slots, you'll be able to customize what elements it uses based on your skill points, and make it pretty strong, but due to it being all neutral damage w/o powders, you won't be able to have any special effects, making it the equivalent of what current elemental damage is. (Reskined damage that can be boosted by various sources, not saying that's bad, since say for example you have 100 points in Defense and you put red powder into a weapon with neutral damage, that damage will now be stronger since Defense raises fire damage and such.)

And it seems that the "special attack" feature of putting a powder into a weapon with the same element promotes not putting powders on a weapon just to counter any elements you're weak to, making the element you use stronger by combining it with powders of the same element granting you special abilities....
    I do must say, I am looking forward to this.
    (And I'm sure @motoki1 is too due to Freedom having entirely elemental damage and no neutral damage with 4 powder slots...)

EDIT: I WAS ALMOST RIGHT DAMN IT

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Icy, stlast, motoki1 and 4 others like this.
  16. Fablor

Fablor The Loremaster CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    its air, and maybe put it in wrong area? ofrgot to color it? maybe new thing? Who knows oooOOOoooooo

17. rockso7

rockso7 arcanist enjoyer

Minecraft:
    Does anyone else not see the actual item in Salted's inventory..?
    Like, I see potions, rings, EB and LE, sp, quest books and other things but not the actual weapon...

18. Turtlebomb

Turtlebomb idk VIP+

Minecraft:
    that's normal inventory stuff; he's probably doing this on the gm servers.

19. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It doesn't show his whole inventory and hotbar.

20. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    a cotton candy cloud?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.