1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Untradable Mob Drops

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Psychomentalist, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endertricity

Endertricity Assorted Mini Quiche VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not for long m8

But I don't think your point about streamlining damage builds is true. 15% of damage is easily achieveable in groups of 5 or less, even if your build focuses elsewhere. Plus, you're overreacting about "Not encouraging creativity and teamwork". Even super quirky creative builds will fail without some damage capabilities. If anything, this is promoting more teamwork and more communication to ensure everyone is able to participate in the fight. People will notice this change, then start realizing that they have a goal to progress and work on their character instead of hiring someone to do everything.

2. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It's not easy to get 15% damage on a boss that resists all your damage when your build is focused on mana regen, walk speed, and spamming heal so everyone else doesn't die. My role isn't to do damage, getting the drop is impossible now because my attacks do at most 32 damage per hit on bosses like Qira.

LotKnockMC likes this.
  3. Glitchedslayer

Glitchedslayer Godly Horse Breeder and Memer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Assassin is still shit.

Arkade, Putrid and icebreaker like this.
  4. Mrs Sara

Mrs Sara Famous Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Any class can be shit depending on what build you're using. Just get the right gear and skills and you can make yourself seem godly or op or whatever.

DCM627 likes this.
  5. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    The idea being that dealing 15% damage when your team is the same level as you is much, much easier than when they are all level 100 and you aren't. It means that if your goal is to finish a quest by slaying a boss, you need to slay it YOURSELF instead of counting on somebody else. In ToL, the whole thing is about how YOU will have to fight this powerful boss. It's preparing YOU to slay it, not your level 100 friend who's done the quest 4 times already. What is even the point of doing all those shenanigans if you don't even need to touch the boss? I see this just like I saw DXP affecting quests: some people liked it, but in the end it ruined the progression/experience that we tried to do, hurting the game in the end.

6. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I am level 100 but the playstyle I chose makes me work well with a team of level 100s as a support class. I'm not supposed to be the damage dealer so now I can't get the boss drops.

7. Salted

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Ye and as I said, this choice does hurt the end-game people a little bit, I'm not saying it doesn't. But from my POV, this is something I'm willing to try in order to fix the issue.

TempleOfLegends and stlast like this.
  8. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    Still doesn't explain my other point that lots of people aren't going to go out of their way to help players anymore.

9. Odnod

Odnod Duck CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't quite see how this hurts level 100s outside of the Orange Wybel. Through normal game progression, you will have fought Bob, CoW, as well as Death and Qira by the time you hit level 100. You can still use fun builds like support mage or warrior if you want to help a friend beat a tough boss, you will just not get a drop for it. Even if you are fighting wybel, all you need to do is communicate with your party members and get them to let you do 15% or more damage to it. This hardly affects normal players, as they will continue to use "normal" builds capable of doing good damage as they level up and challenge the big bosses with friends of the same level.

Ryuu likes this.
  10. Salted

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I mean, it's not like we removed all possible teamwork, right. It still encourage team play, but now, the bigger your team, the harder it will be to get the drop. I think I'll change the 15% to 10% instead though, that should make it a bit easier.

Aesthyster, Gogeta, Thom_Com and 7 others like this.
  11. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    That would be great, I might have a chance then c:

12. Snerp

Snerp Grand Terrainer Modeler HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Ooooooo that's interesting I thought you needed to do 50% damage or something....

13. kioph

kioph ahh yes heavy melee hmm yes

she must fucking hate you

14. Paradoxical

Paradoxical Machina Infinitum VIP

Minecraft:
    I don't mean to argue, but making bosses unbreakable defensive walls that force the player into a hyper-offensive playstyle to break doesn't really make them harder, just supremely frustrating. The element system has been one of my favorite things in Gavel, but I'm kind of annoyed by how useless the majority of these interesting new items are against endgame bosses. The worst thing is how little role the bosses really play in the fight, they mostly just try to charge at you or fire easily avoidable projectiles, occasionally annoying you with minions of some sort. The fights aren't between you and the boss, they're between the amount of neutral damage you deal and the boss's regen rate. Even doing a mere 10-15% is pretty difficult, especially when higher leveled, more offensively capable players (as have become mandatory in most cases if you actually want to kill the boss) are spamming it with attacks constantly.

I have actually really enjoyed the gameplay update bosses, as they usually have a gimmick or strategy to them which makes them challenging but still fun to fight, and, above all have weaknesses that can be used to the advantage of an average player.

LotKnockMC and XavierEXE like this.
  15. Psychomentalist

Psychomentalist Time is not on my side HERO

Minecraft:
    That's a reasonable amount of damage required for the drops imo.

According to what Salted said, you have to be well-prepared for long and hard quests like ToA and Qira Hive since both quests give high quality rewards for players which are at that level range.

16. Paradoxical

Paradoxical Machina Infinitum VIP

Minecraft:
    Prepared sure, but not to the point that it forces a playstyle. And my main point is that tankiness should not be a boss's only challenge, particularly if you're only going to reward attacking.

XavierEXE likes this.
  17. Salted

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    No you're right, except for elemental defenses, those bosses were designed a long time ago, when only seeing mobs with a health bar was new and exciting.

18. Glitchedslayer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think this is the first time Salted commented 4 5 times on a thread that wasn't his or a mod's.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  19. Jamieverse

Jamieverse Legendary Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:

Aradia Megido likes this.
  20. Glitchedslayer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Did you have that shit on clipboard cause that was keemstar speeds

Jamieverse likes this.
Thread Status: