Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Uhh Salted(a Discussion On Guild Slots)

Discussion in 'Guild Discussions' started by XeraAndromeda, Dec 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XeraAndromeda

XeraAndromeda Empress of Nemract, Queen of Aphelion CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    if anyone can explain how this would work please explain it to me

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  2. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They did keep the members, just forever stuck above the limit not being able to invite someone without kicking 30 5head

3. Lunatic_Lady

Lunatic_Lady can i get a uhhh uhhhhh Discord Moderator GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    #NotMyGate

4. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think I heard a friend say that Salted confirmed that guilds would keep their slots and that it is just weird in Hero Beta but I can't confirm that.

5. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Salted said that people wouldn't be removed from the guild, not that the cap would stay the same. The running theory is that you won't be able to invite new members until you kick out enough people to bring the number of guild members down below the cap, so if you're at 50 and your cap is 46, you need to kick 5 people to get 1 free spot.

Asthae likes this.
  6. Pally

Pally Former Titans Valor [ANO] Owner HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Imagine limiting the community of guilds further, pog!

7. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    It's sad to me because I think the reason for lowering guild caps is to try and split up big guilds into multiple smaller guilds in order to make it harder to control large parts of the map like how it is now, and to their credit I think it's better that way on paper, but the reality of doing that is you're basically forcing the communities that have formed over the past 6+ years to split up and fight each other, which is kinda messed up to me :(

Epicness937 and Pally like this.
  8. XeraAndromeda

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly this would just make a certain few guilds a lot more powerful and allow them to control the map a lot easier on a certain aspect

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  9. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    oh D: well thats not a nice change ig

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  10. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    Yeah :(

I'm involved in any guild stuff so I don't really have a horse in this race but I know a lot of people who do care are upset by the change so for their sake I really hope they change the guild sizes back to at least closer to their original size. I don't think guilds with 70 slots now need all 70, cutting it down to 60 would probably be fine if it needs to be changed, but anything below that is just way too much to deal with for a large guild.

11. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Minecraft:
    Saw this in a shout, and honestly I see where they're going.
    On paper they're trying to split up the big alliances and make it easier for small guilds to stake a claim, and this might work.
    I think the community thing isn't a huge issue, since there's no rule you can't just stay in their discord and vibe with former guild members, or form another alliance. But it still does kinda suck and I see what you guys mean.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  12. XeraAndromeda

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    even then thats the equivalent of removing 14% of a guild's members imagine if you did that with any community, forcing them to get rid of 14% of their members let alone halving them as they're doing now
    The thing is with this it is not actually splitting up the big alliances, it's only making certain few guilds particularly big ones with subguilds and good organization and government survive by splitting into their subguilds to feed their main guild territory and artificially split communities without making it any harder for large guilds to hold onto territory, HECK some of their changes are actually more harmful to small guilds creating benefits for communities like The Nether Realm and TAq/FTk for being able to sustain a "guild comunity" in more than one guild effectively

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  13. ramenstew

Minecraft:
    Ah right right, didn't think of that. I'm gonna write a suggestion thread to make it super easy to betrary allys.

14. quick007

quick007 Master Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Salted Increase cap, not decrease plskthx

15. XeraAndromeda

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Updates on this: most people use guilds as a way to have aplac eon wynn as a community this update disproportionately fuckign over the community guilds who just want ot have fun is just, dumb

16. ramenstew

Minecraft:
  17. XeraAndromeda

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    on this it's going to be impossible for the situation of split guidls is they will not betray each other since these guilds have the same leader and governments

18. ramenstew

Minecraft:
    Guild cap increase would mean guilds won't split but Artemis is no longer a thing

19. XeraAndromeda

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    no it won't I can explain in dms or in a vc if you want my discord is Xera~Andromeda#1571 but the main reason Artemis would fall is completely seperate to the issue at hand. Artemis will fall yes, but this is not because of expertly designed mechanics. Artemis will fall because of preexisting conditions in the alliance itself ones that mirror those which killed previous mega-alliances in way. This update if anything is just a catalyst to accelerate the fall of the current mega alliance not the cause.

20. urbymine

urbymine Former Chief of Avicia

Guild:
    being a big guild is not the primary reason why big guild have big amounts of members, they are able to hold down 70+ members because they put in the effort in making their guild interesting and attractive, effort always has been and will remain the biggest driver towards a high guild member count, to punish that kind of behavior is counter-intuitive.

PS: every time a guild doubles in member count, the amount of recruitment required to sustain it doubles as well, a guild with 80 members will have twice as many people quitting the game over a period of time compared to a guild with 40. because of this process many guilds seem to hit a sweet spot in the 60s-70s members depending on how strict they are on cleaning up inactives, with a few guilds maxing out in the high70s or 80s range, so some guilds could probably go even beyond. Would that be healthy? that's up for debate but lowering their potential certainly isn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.