Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Trickster Rework & Other Ideas

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by oRewindTime, Oct 11, 2022.

?

Rate this:

1. Decent

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Kinda Mid

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oRewindTime

oRewindTime Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Hi all! , This is basically a Trickster Rework post (ikik like the 4th one alr but hear me out, k?). So, me and a few others have made a server, where we compile Assassin rework ideas and send it all in one big forum post, but unfortunately, due to a couple of problems and roadblocks (exams woo) we decided to quit the project as a whole. This forum post is basically a few ideas for Trickster (the only fully fledged rework archetype we managed to make).

Credit goes to Dnwr#1920 (me) Daktota#1612, Winter#9769, AprilF00lz#2669.

Mirror Image: Summons a stationary clone at where you casted dash while shifting, clones have 30% of your ehp as raw hp, and will draw aggro of mobs upon spawning in and at going below 50% health(once per clone). You can place max 3 clones at a time. You can hold 3 clones at once, they recharge at a rate of 3 seconds per clone. (changed)

Imo this would make trickster a bit more interesting, and might prevent you from losing clones too quickly if you get hit multiple times with the original mirror image.

Echo: Spells and melee are casted at the location of clones as well as at yours, your spells deal 90% damage when one or more clones are spawned and clones also do 90% of your spell damage base. Clones' spells will deal 25% less damage per clone is a 5 block radius around that clone. (changed)

Honestly this would work better with the changes i'm making in this post, and this would allow you to use 1-2 clones without having the -60% damage, as it nerfs the clones' damage instead.

Last laugh: Instead of a spin attack, the clone explodes, slows and pulls in enemies in a radius for 1.5 secs, dealing 200% of your damage as spell damage.(Changes the whole idea)

This would be a bit more unique and useful than a spin attack imo

Trickster's Cards: Every 5% of its health lost, the damaged clone will shoot out a card that deals 35% of your main attack damage and pierces enemies. It also decreases in damage the further the cards travel. (replaces Sandbagging)

Idk about this one, made it as kinda that jester sorta deal, and thought it'd be fun.

Telepathic Connection: When 2 or more clones are spawned, a beam connects the clones, and any enemy that infiltrates/steps through the beam will get slowed by 50% and 20% your damage to spell damage per second. The damage area is 3 blocks wide in diameter and has a large max range that won't be encountered unless running an extremely long distance away or teleporting.(Replaces Hoodwink)

This just helps slow enemies as well, and certainly more useful than Hoodwink.

Healing Smoke: Throwing a bomb onto a clone will make it stick onto that clone(bombs stick onto clones over other mobs) that will heal them by 5% per second over its duration, but its overall damage is reduced by 25%.(replaces Delirious Gas)

This allows you to heal your clones slightly and focus on one at a time.

Knife Tricks: Trickster can store up to 8 daggers, thrown using main attack while shifting. They recharge one by one, rate of recharge is 1 per second. These daggers pass through enemies and deal 30% damage each(spell damage) each. They move quickly and move in a straight line through the air in the direction you're facing. When they hit a clone, the clone loses 5% of its health but the damage from the dagger is boosted by (additive) 15%, the dagger also splits into 3 daggers, in a thin cone shape. It'll continue in the direction it was originally going, just the two side daggers will be angled slightly to the sides. Daggers split can also chain off of clones (don’t split again but still get a further 15% dmg increase), increasing damage further but also damaging your own clones. The side daggers of the split 3 have 40% the damage of the main dagger.

This is just overall a damage boost to trickster, and would add to a ranged assassin type deal (and no you dont count shurikens)
    Better Spin: Your Spin Attack now deals increased damage and has a larger AoE. (replaces Double Spin)

(Let's be honest, double spin sucks, it casts too slowly.)

Quick Steps: Increase your Base Walkspeed by 30% and Increase Dash’s momentum.(replaces Poisoned Blade)

Poisoned Blade is kinda bad now cos of the poison nerf, and wouldn't be that useful even if poisoned wasn't nerfed. This just adds more mobility to Shadestepper.

Thanks for reading! (join fuy :D)

2. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This seems a little bit complicated and the main issue I have with it like current trickster is it feels like they clones are more important than you, I think you should play around the clones for some of the gameplay, but at some point I think you should be the star of the show which is why I think trapper is bad (and shaman a and just be an amazing solo class like 1.20 assassin was, I did make a trickster rework thread and I personally think that clones should be expendable and meant to die in order to buff yourself, I do REALLY like the cards idea though and I think quick steps and better spin are really good.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  3. oRewindTime

oRewindTime Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Thanks for the tips, I tried to overcome the "clones are more important than you" by drastically reducing the amount of damage the clones reduce (60% to 10%) but me and the others could def have made it a bit better, as said in the post, we kinda gave up on the thing half-trickster-tweak. I'll take into consideration the ideas though!

Hei likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.