1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Thoughts on the Update Trailer?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Aquivorous, Jun 8, 2024.

?

Thoughts on the update?

1. Incredible, 10/10

70.3%
  2. not fruma but still good

26.1%
  3. mid

1.8%
  4. eh, not my thing

1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this change was made to make wynn more open for people to play however they want, as that's just more fun than being forced to do quests for everything. some people don't want to follow the path and do quests, they want to explore the vast open world of wynn or etc. secret discoveries (and territorial discoveries) reward this, but certain areas of the game forcing you to play quests ultimately limits this kind of experience. bear in mind that the quests will still exist, they are just no longer a requirement to play the dungeons.
    and before you say "but progression is boring without quests!" maybe that is true for you, but some people would rather grind mobs, or partake in other sources of xp (such as caves, world events, and now dungeons as well)

AlleonVera, dr_carlos and Dr Zed like this.
  2. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You did an amazing job making the model for Annihilation, it looks incredible!

PlasmaWarrior likes this.
  3. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

KingQwerty likes this.
  4. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    It was already not possible to use scrolls to get out of any situation though. Wynn scrolls are even stricter than vanilla Minecraft beds, when it comes to using them when theres one (1) insignificant lv2 mob 50 blocks away.

5. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I won't say progression is boring without quests, because it isn't necessarily.
    What I will say though is that without the immersion I felt when I first discovered all the stories in Wynn and how they correlate with the world around them I would never have finished the game. I would've hit a wall once leveling becomes harder at like lvl 80 and I would've left.

Also you literally have to do a small quest like 6 times or something to gain access to all the lower level dungeons. I feel like that's not really a barrier when considering how much time you spend playing the game. Maybe through those quests you get into Wynns questing system more and appreciate the other content?

I of course respect the CT's decision and can't revert it anyways ... this is just meant as feedback.
    Also will those quests be adapted to make sense even though you can access the dungeon anyways? Like I don't need to get lava from mount wynn to burn down the spider webs if the spider webs are already not there in the first place. Kind of defeats the purpose of those quests no?

6. Itz_Phrog

Itz_Phrog Travelled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    59/10 imo its amaZing

7. DrBracewell

DrBracewell Famous Adventurer CT Manager QA Modeler GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The quests have been adapted in some ways for the story to make more sense, yes. In general I tried to make the changes such that the plot no longer unlocks the dungeon in some way, but still provides meaningful lore and context to the dungeon and its environment. They're now quests "about the dungeon" rather than quests to unlock them.

Admittedly some quests were more difficult to do this way and some have more drastic changes than others. I would not necessarily be opposed to making additional small changes throughout beta to improve the feel of some of them.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
  8. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe there could be something implemented that says something like, “there is a quest about this dungeon available, if you want more backstory to the dungeon you should do that first”. That way, they still have the freedom to do the dungeon anyway but will understand that there’s a quest to provide some more lore into it.

AlleonVera and luckeyLuuk like this.
  9. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    So are new blocks from 1.16 used for builds in this update?

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  10. DrBracewell

DrBracewell Famous Adventurer CT Manager QA Modeler GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Theoretically they could have some sort of subtitle in the content book, but I'm not too sure if I'd do that. People, especially new players, tend to do quests as they become available and if they do have particular interest in the lore and context of the world its unlikely they'd skip any quest.

Some people have been suggesting the raid-style "unlock once and then available on all classes" method, but this actually goes against what this change was generally made for - we particularly want new players to have easy access to dungeons so they can see the really cool new bosses and mobs that show off some of the new systems, as the early game dungeon bosses are some of the first examples they'll come across.

11. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Also I feel like certain town’s teleport scrolls should require you to do one of the quests there to unlock the teleport scroll

12. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Amen. Redoing the same quests the second or third time gets very tedious very fast. Some playthroughs I don’t mind skipping most quests.

13. CatFan105

CatFan105 Blue guy

Minecraft:
    Does this mean the 2 stacks of detlas teleport scrolls in my bank are useless now

luckeyLuuk, Melkor and KingQwerty like this.
  14. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Wait so do all raids have that mechanic, or just TCC still?

15. Je Hooft

Je Hooft No Longer Hardlocked on A Hunter's Calling HERO

Minecraft:
    Are there any bosses that aren’t getting updates? I’m thinking Qira, Bob’s reincarnation, CoW, Amadel, Death, (corrupted) dungeon bosses, LI bosses, Boss Altars, Sayleros’ Brother

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  16. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yes, most bosses across the game will remain unchanged for now, though i can't confirm your list. every mob is having its stats raised to account for 2.0 powercreep though

17. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Even TNA? I thought it was already adjusted for 2.0 power creep and he was just getting new attack patterns and animations this update.

18. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Holy... Can you imagine how cool Amadel could be?! I'm desperately hoping they got the 2.1 treatment too

19. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    That whole questline needs a rework, it’s the most outdated piece of content atm.

20. Femboy Orphion

Femboy Orphion Bi Furry Femboy (Average Wynncraft Player) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah.... well they might have updated the first one because its in the lv 30-39 range...

But yeah, a new amadel could be extremely cool. At least this update sets a new standard for how they want bosses to feel like...

Dr Zed and PlasmaWarrior like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.