1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Thoughts on the Update Trailer?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Aquivorous, Jun 8, 2024.

?

Thoughts on the update?

1. Incredible, 10/10

70.3%
  2. not fruma but still good

26.1%
  3. mid

1.8%
  4. eh, not my thing

1.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ... YET.

2. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    I don't have any strong feelings towards the raids and big battle stuff (just not for me, they're not what I play Wynn for) but I LOVE how everything looks! I'm going to collect a ton of goats and invade Detlas with them
    goat.gif

3. dreamer101

dreamer101 Luto Aquarum enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    I look forward to it. My main concern is if all of the new mob designs will cause a lot of lag or not.

KingQwerty likes this.
  4. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    theyre pretty well optimized!

5. Sir_Doomed

Sir_Doomed Can't think of anything to put here

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is this referring to the models, or to the ai/mechanics?

6. CashorCard

CashorCard Apotheosis

I am absolutely so excited!
    the lag….

7. Femboy Orphion

Femboy Orphion Bi Furry Femboy (Average Wynncraft Player) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING

8. Cashtron527

Cashtron527 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Probably one of the best looking updates in a long time. I'm really exited for the new instruments

PlasmaWarrior likes this.
  9. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My opinion about what we have seen so far/Feedback and praise for the CT: (from positive to negative-ish)

- frankly, the animations and the new models are incredible. I hope that the hitboxes work as my brain would expect.

- the implementation of world events is going to make the world SO much more interesting. I just hope the system around them won't be annoying or break the immersion. When I though about world events before I immagined that I would just stumble upon them. It seems that isn't the case (as I understand it there will be like an announcement and you follow that to the event). If they do this right and make it work logically within Wynns world it will be great. I hope the announcement doesn't just appear on my screen or in the chat every few minutes. Make world events rare-ish, location related (so I don't get called to help in Nesaak while I'm in Ahmsord) and implement a story around it (please). Maybe let the army call for adventurers help in Wynn through a magical object or spell and maybe let the guild master communicate threads that need to be fought in gavel). Let it make sense please. Not just another UI spam thingy.

- the idea of major world events that are hard, rare and give very valuable loot is amazing. Just consider this: don't make it too rare either. If I'm online let's say 10 hours a week but the event only triggers once over the entire week, then it's gonna take me months to have the chance to try it. If I then die in that boss battle it will be just frustrating. Question: Will major world events also be fought in big groups or just solo? Big groups would make this a lot more awesome for the roleplay aspect.

- the rebuilds we have seen so far are amazing. I'm not sure if the Detlas Suburbs are getting a bit overcrowded but I'll see that once the update comes out. Great work builders!

- I almost forgot about the music! What do I have to say... Music being updated will do a lot for the immersion!

- the new interfaces are gorgeous.

- aspects are also a cool idea.

- the silverbull raid division on the other hand... I'm not sure about it. Isn't this just going to "lootrunnify" the raids? Like... those will be like lootrunns with end bosses. You do certain challenges, you get "boons" instead of beacons, you increase the reward with missions and get "curses" for more loot. I do not have a lot of information about all this yet, so take this with a grain of salt. Also PLEASE, PLEASE don't bring mythics into the reward pool of raids. If mythic prices drop again because of higher supply, it will be more expensive to buy legendaries than mythics. Then the items are nothing special anymore. And shiny mythics aren't the new special valuable collectibles as they were intended. They aren't that cool/popular. So please, don't introduce more mythic aquisition possibilities or insane money making scemes.

- the decision to remove mandatory dungeon quests before accessing a dungeon is flawed in my opinion. Those quests are important for worldbuilding/story telling and the dungeon was a great reward - the quest felt SUPER rewarding when doing them for the first time. I can understand if people don't want to do the same quest on all of their classes just to access the dungeons they already know - so why not do this: Dungeon Quests stay and remain mandatory for compleately new players (basically first time is mandatory) and can be skipped on the second Wynncraft playthrough. Please don't remove those quests. I feel like they are an integral part of the storytelling and worldbuilding.

- the TP scroll animation breaks the immersion 100% but there is an easy fix. When I use a magical item like a literal teleportation scroll I expect a cool effect, some particles, a sound or something and then I reappear with a cool effect at my destination. What happens instead breaks the immersion. I need to stand around (WHY. There is no experience value to this) and my screen gets bombarded with text. Then it tells me where I'm going to ("TP TO DETLAS") which is pointless as well. I know where I want to go. Thats why I used the scroll. The animation during this is nice, but its immersion breaking and pointless. This is EASILY the biggest problem I have with this so far. Please think about this again. Its a small change but super important as we use scrolls a lot during a playtrough. Make them feel magical. I beg you. Don't waste this opportunity @Salted

EDIT: Instant teleport scrolls are not op because in the new update you don't loose anything of value upon death in most cases. Soul points are gone too. There is no incentive to use a scroll in a dangerous situation to "save stuff". This new animation is just clumsy

Even though I REALLY hope the tp scroll animation will be redone I have to say that I'm super excited. I'm still hoping for a questline surrounding the realm of war... maybe in this update or the future. Regardless of that: CT members, you are all awesome! Thanks for your hard work.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2024
  10. Pumpkinn

Pumpkinn Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Also; if the major world events happen at the same times (like if it's always at 8pm PST or smth) then certain players will never be able to actually experience the event or gain the loot.

I agree with this 110%, I also have concerns that because of this the quests would just... get removed or lose all their significance. I think that doing something similar with how the TCC works where you only have to do the quest once would be optimal.

Also I have a really bad conspiracy theory that is not credible or logical at all but the reason they removed the quest requirement is because they didn't want to make a quest for the timelost dungeon!!

11. Lumia

Lumia Making your potatoes since 2002. CT Manager HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I would like to give all important mobs custom AI/spells. and at some point all mobs. Will all mobs get a custom model? most likely No.
    We removed them because adding quests locks to dungeons was a bad idea to begin with. It's funny that when we first added quest locks to dungeons most people HATED, I mean I remember it HATED it. Now people are complaining that we remove it. We removed it cuz quests and dungeons are pretty different kinds of content and not everyone wants to be forced to do a quest just so they can do the dungeon that they actually want to do. The quest still exist, they are still lore impactful. just updated.

12. EchoingWinds

EchoingWinds they/them VIP+

Minecraft:
    The need to stand around for it to activate seems pretty obvious, the ability to totally teleport at an instant out of any situation is kind of broken. The waiting prevents that from being abused (and isn't really immersion breaking, it's very easy to interpret it as "the time needed to read the spell").

13. ZockerCam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I respectfully disagree.

I was never in a situation where I used teleport scrolls to get out of a situation - death is often not a sure thing so you don't tp away.
    More importantly: You don't loose ANYTHING of value when dying in the new update. Sould points are gone. Why should you use a tp scroll then? It's not broken imho.

the new mechanic is just clumsy.

KingQwerty and Gogeta like this.
  14. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm kinda confused, are you saying the current dungeon quests will still be there, but not be necessary to enter the dungeon, and as such their stories will be updated?

KingQwerty likes this.
  15. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    The new anims are giving hytale
    They look neat but I am gonna miss the eyes original design, the boss being made of blocks made it feel ginormous

one concern I DO have is on the new music instrument implementation, the little snippet we got on the website doesn’t encompass the dynamic contrast of the original composition(which is what gave it such a cool effect). I know the dynamics outlining stuff was because it was needed and with different instruments you can hear the melody easier… but still I’m gonna miss the subtle details in the original songs
    I hope there’s a toggle to switch between the new versions and old versions of the ost that would be SICK

luckeyLuuk, KingQwerty and Elysium_ like this.
  16. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They're way more magical when you actually have the sounds and everything.

17. ZockerCam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That is good to hear! I know this sounds selfish and might be seen as unecessary work, but could the CT maybe add some more visual magic as well? I think scrolls are just such a good oportunity for that

btw I don't know what builds you've been working on, but in case you haven't read the whole thing: great work. The rebuilds looks amazing

18. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    its hard to tell, but the camera pans in a bit, and then as you're teleporting it pans out really fast like you're activating a spaceship warp drive

I really should add my other rank tags on here, given that building is what I do the least lmfao. I designed and created the model for Annihilation, as well as a bunch of the other mobs that were teased (like the snow wolves)

19. ZockerCam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Deusphage designing the most insane mob in all of minecraft and only displaying herself as a builder lmao :D

Amazing work!

Elysium_ likes this.
  20. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    Just realised the stupid anti multihit arrowstorm canyon colossus ear knob thing is gone I have ascended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.