Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics Third Red Nodes for Boltslinger and Sharpshooter

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by MeHazGudGramr, Jul 25, 2024.

1. MeHazGudGramr

MeHazGudGramr Well-Known Adventurer

With the upcoming 2.1 update, Boltslinger and Sharpshooter are the only archetypes without three red nodes, so here are my ideas (names are purely descriptive):

An Easy Option for Both/Either
    Simply "elevate" an existing node to red like Recycling or Initiator

New Node(s) for Boltslinger
    Piercing Projectiles: basically just the Piercing enchantment from vanilla Minecraft; applies to Main Attack amd Arrow Storm, obviously, but maybe also Arrow Bomb, Arrow Rain, Escape Artist, and Shrapnel Bomb
    Gives Boltslinger some more AoE/multi-target damage which I feel it lacks

New Node(s) for Sharpshooter
    Focus Forgiveness v1: Focus only resets after X number of misses
    Focus Forgiveness v2: Focus decreases by X amount with every miss instead of resetting
    Makes Sharpshooter a bit easier to pick up/play

Let me know your thoughts! I might update this post with more ideas.

BlueTheSniper likes this.
  2. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I think sharpshooter should originally have a small amount of focus forgiveness, but a third red node that removes it but makes focus op the longer you keep your focus

3. culpitisn'taword

culpitisn'taword Skilled Adventurer

My ideal Focus Forgiveness node would work for 2 cases specifically (also only found in endgame):
    • If you Phantom Ray but can't hit anything, you lose a Focus instead of all of it. (This happens a lot when I mess up Crep Ray, which is super annoying.)
    • If you hit indirectly with Arrow Bomb, don't lose or gain Focus. (Currently, this resets your Focus and immediately gives you one.)