1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER Theories About The Desert And Its Past

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Emogla3, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman VIP

Minecraft:
    Some time ago, I was on the Wynncraft theory discord discussing about the desert lore, and made some pretty interesting finds and theories. The lore of the desert is generally pretty lacking, but there turned out to be a lot more than it seemed at first.

First, I'll go over some more minor details that I figured out along with @MagmaMelon , and then I'll move onto the theories. These are still important, so read them aswell.

- The Emperor was very likely the only emperor apart from Hashr
    It is unlikely that there was an Emperor before the Emperor, as there are no records of a such person existing, and people would know that the immortality comes from the Sceptre, or at least suspect it.

- The Empire began around 450BP
    This can be calculated from the fact that The Emperor lived to see his great great grandchildren, and if one generation lasts for around 80 years, and we add another around 30 years there for when the Emperor didn't have children yet, we get the number 350. It seems... shorter than I expected, but still a reasonable and by all means possible number.

Quicksand.png

- The Empire didn't have any major wars or enemies
    Seeing as the Empire only lasted for 350 years, the structures and palaces are astounding for to be built in such a short time. Having wars or enemies would drastically slow down their progress, and we can see the lack of protection from how easily Hashr could murder the Emperor.

- The ones that built Sand-Swept Tomb were not from Fruma
    This is a very small detail, but it will have more importance later. It is not sure who actually built SST. I heavily doubt it was the Emperor, as he was "immortal". And for why was Hashr there, I suspect that he just took cover from the sandstorm in this ancient tomb, and got corrupted while residing in there, probably by the Sceptre's curse.

SSTedited.jpg

- There are lots of purple crystals in ancient ruins under the desert
    This is a very interesting detail, and we can see many things from this location. First off, these crystals seem to be the weakest ones yet. There are at least 10 of them, but their effects seem very subtle, combined with the fact that they have probably been here for over a thousand years. Like other purple crystals, they seem to alter the enviorement, in this case both living and non-living things. Since the sandstone has been there for a long time, and is only slightly crystallized, while the miners and scarabs have been there only for a small while, and are already completely crystallized, I see two possible option to how these crystals work. They either
    - Affect living things much faster than non-living things
    - Have great power, but only in a very short range

Crystals.png

Now with these out of the way, let's move on to my theories.

The Sceptre has ice magic

I figured this is the theory I'll be going over first, since it's more simple and straightforward. There are many things that hint towards the Sceptre possessing ice magic, these being

- The Sceptre's item lore

Sceptre.png

- When you enter the room where the Sceptre is, you gain a slowness effect

- The general lack of corruption in the desert

I also think that this could explain how the Sceptre makes you "immortal". You actually don't stop aging while holding the Sceptre, it just slows down your aging and perserves your body so drastically that it practically stops your aging.

Well, if it has ice magic, how do you explain the sandstorm and the corruption?

For this, @Fool on the theory discord had a good explanation in my opinion. Quoting straight from them:
    "It’s almost certainly made from the yellow crystal material in some fashion, as it is proven that was around in that time period. In addition we know that was a very powerful material, but also very dangerous, so it would make sense as to how it gave so much power, and backfired so completely when the they died"

and I think that explains that. On when the Sceptre was made then, we'll have to go to my second theory.
    The Pharaohs

Now we come to a much more interesting topic in my opinion. During the conversation, we had already figured out that there were no other Emperors before The Emperor, until we noticed the existence of Pharaoh Nabak, and here are my thoughts and speculations on him.

PharaohNabak2.png

Well, firstly, he isn't/wasn't an emperor, that's for sure. He is a pharaoh. This hints towards the fact that there were actually two dynasties that ruled the desert at different times.

Alright, when was this dynasty of Pharaohs then?

For that, I do not have any information for sure. Since Nabak guards the Yellow Crystal, I can assume that it was brought there by the miners that found the four Shards of Power in 800BP, which tells us that the Pharaohs were around at that time, but it does not tell anything of when their dynasty began/ended.

Next up, we still do not know who built the Sand-Swept Tomb. We know that it wasn't the Emperor, so there is a high chance that it was built by the Pharaohs. A connecting point to this is the fact that Sand-Swept Tomb's "logo" is a blue scarab, and Pharaoh Nabak's bossroom walls have large BLUE SCARABS on them, and we already know that the Empire's "symbol" was the Sceptre.

BLUESCARAB.png

Now, remember how SST's lore tells us that the ones that built it aren't from Fruma? Well, this confirms that the Pharaohs were not Fruman. They probably were just from a smaller group of humans that lived in Wynn before the frumans, but seeing as that mysterious purple crystal cave exists, they could have either come from the SE, or they could have been olmic.

Unfortunately, my theories end here and I don't have proof for some of the stuff presented near the end. This was the first theory I posted on the forums, and I'd be happy to hear all sorts of feedback on it. Also, please tell me if there are any typos in the text.

2. MagmaMelon

MagmaMelon Theorist and Geek

Minecraft:
    It was a pleasure working with you and Fool on this! Very well presented (and merits a future episode of WynnTheory).

frog_24, Kahsol and Emogla3 like this.
  3. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman VIP

Minecraft:
    Thanks a lot. It was very interesting and fun working on and theorising on this with you two aswell in my opinion.

frog_24 likes this.
  4. blegar1

blegar1 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Wait someone actually managed to find a way to make the lore semi decent from normally horrible? Seriously though the theories do work. Would be nice though if the lore in general was clearer so we had actual concrete evidence, cause right now it seems like there's too many plotholes. But nice one anyway.

5. Mr Gemdone

Mr Gemdone Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    This is a solid and intriguing theory! I think if the Olmic were to have played a role in the construction of the temple we would likely see it in the architecture. However, that's a discussion for another day.

frog_24 likes this.
  6. MagmaMelon

Minecraft:
    I'm gonna bump this. More people need to know stuff like this.

frog_24 and JohanLTU like this.
  7. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman VIP

Minecraft:
    yeah i could bump this why not

frog_24 likes this.
  8. Furry

Furry Travelled Adventurer

Or you could just you know

Learn to read?

WynnMilkman likes this.
  9. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman VIP

Minecraft:
    wh-

10. MagmaMelon

Minecraft:
    Sorry?

11. Samsam101

Samsam101 soviet cinfras soviet cinfras soviet cinfras HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I also think the Iboju lived in Wynn before the Frumans discovered it. Perhaps they created the Matryoshka Idol to fight the Olm who fled into the Dernel Jungle?
    Interesting theories. There IS a collection of corrupted spikes in the northwest corner of the desert so the wand doesn't seem to have incredible ice magic.
    Also, are we not going to question what was sealing the tomb and who was in the tomb before Hashr hid from the sandstorm in it?

12. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman VIP

Minecraft:
    There was no one in the tomb prior to Hashr. In real life, pyramids were built for pharaohs long before their death, let alone birth. The tomb was meant for pharaohs, but they died out before it was filled. I can't be entirely sure on this, but it's the most likely option imo.

The tomb's seal was just the sceptre, I believe. Since the sceptre was found by the bandits in the temple near Takan's barracks, it tells us that someone brought the sceptre there after Hashr sealed the tomb, but that could have been anyone.

I think an NPC in Troms or somewhere says that the Matryoshka Idol was made to test warriors or something, but it could still have been used against the Olm in the past, as you theorized.

13. fishcute

fishcute fish VIP

Minecraft:
    The first dialogue in sst is ???:Who dares enter the resting place of the once great ruler of the sands?

It seems that it was made for hashr, but the rest of the dialogue is inconsistent with some of the secret discoveries (the curse hashr released started immediately, making it unlikely that it was built for him). It seems that hashr may have taken a tomb meant for someone else, possibly his father.

frog_24 likes this.
  14. Pixelæs

Pixelæs Theorist, Adventurer, and Researcher

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe the sceptre doesn't make you immortal, but just slows down aging? It would work with the dialogue mentioned by fishcute and still work with the theory.

Anyways, this is quite a good theory, and more need to see it!

frog_24 and TrapinchO like this.
  15. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman VIP

Minecraft:
    That's true, but by no means could it have been meant for the emperors originally, as they were "immortal", and the blue scarab exists. He says "resting place", but that only tells that he died there, and it is his tomb now. It doesn't hint anything towards the idea that the tomb was originally meant to be his resting place.
    that's... literally what I said in my theory?

frog_24 likes this.
  16. Pixelæs

Pixelæs Theorist, Adventurer, and Researcher

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I meant that you would eventually "die" with the preservation, but could be brought back to life again in someway.

17. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez The Singu man HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but who would want to get children when they’re 80?

18. MagmaMelon

Minecraft:
    That's not said anywhere....

19. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez The Singu man HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    - The Empire began around 450BP
    This can be calculated from the fact that The Emperor lived to see his great great grandchildren, and if one generation lasts for around 80 years, and we add another around 30 years there for when the Emperor didn't have children yet, we get the number 350. It seems... shorter than I expected, but still a reasonable and by all means possible number.”

frog_24 likes this.
  20. MagmaMelon

Minecraft:
    It says 30 years before he started having kids, and that's a rough guess. It is definitely not 80. What is said is that an average generation lives for 80 years.

frog_24 likes this.