Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

The Wynncraft Map

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by lil_nuggit, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lil_nuggit

lil_nuggit lil nuggit

Minecraft:
    A lot of people find the map from the Wynncraft website very helpful but what if you Wynncraft turned the map into a item that a player could hold like a map with the same features as the map on the Wynncraft website?

2. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Same features? No. That would take lots of coding/time for a simple feature we do not have. If it was just a normal mc map, it would be simple, and helpful. However even that would take up inventory space.

coolname2034 likes this.
  3. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    dont think thats possible
    anyway alt tabbing really isnt that much of an inconvenience

coolname2034 and IreczeQ like this.
  4. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First of all; try adding more detail to this suggestion.

Second of all; less inventory space :<

Third of all; How?

I generally don't support this suggestion.

coolname2034 and H0Y like this.
  5. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Not possible at all

even the largest map size isnt close to big enough

coolname2034 likes this.
  6. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    One Minecraft map itself would just barely fill the entire of Ragni main plaza. To do something like this would be extremely time consuming not to mention frustrating on both the content team side of things to the in-game side of things, y'know with keeping track of the maps and how they fit into one another. Plus we don't need another inventory space crisis like we did pre-bank buff.

coolname2034 likes this.
  7. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know alot of ppl said it's not possible and doesn't have any positive points before me but... Please always keep in your head what is actually possible to code for a minecraft server.

8. IreczeQ

IreczeQ Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    But why?
    What is the reason you want another item cluttering your inventory? This is the kind of threads i dislike the most. "LETS MAKE ANOTHER SUGGESTION, FOR A FEATURE THAT ALREADY EXISTS, JUST FOR THE SAKE OF MAKING A SUGGESTION"
    Just alt+tab to your browser, not that hard really

ThomAnn100 and blankman like this.
  9. Gearsalt_Mark

Gearsalt_Mark Travelling Merchant CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Make it an option in your compass

10. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Simply not possible.

11. Gearsalt_Mark

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why is that? We have a jukebox there, I'm sure someone said "that's simply not possible" in the past about that

12. Quint

Quint least estrogenated scripter HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    The maximum possible map size is 2048 blocks by 2048 blocks, which would only cover a little less then half of gavel. THIS IS LITERALLY NOT POSSIBLE because of the maximum map size coded into minecraft. Ya just straight can't do it. If you want a total copy of the wynncraft map, you would need a map several times larger then the maximum map size that Minecraft will allow us to us. Then, if you want to implement player tracking, you have to keep track of all the players and keep live displays including their face BUT WAIT THERES MORE. We only want display members of your guild, friends, and your party. This is simply just not comparable to the jukebox.

13. seeksery

seeksery Wybel Photographer HERO CMD

Minecraft:
    Additionally, there are many types of "not possible"; this includes coding limitations and memory limitations.
    Jukeboxes fall into the former; the suggestion falls into the latter category.
    The former is solvable through careful thought, but the latter is a limitation of Minecraft and thus is unsolvable short of making a required Wynncraft mod.

Gearsalt_Mark likes this.
  14. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I feel like showing the entire map itself ingame could be possible. Showing the holders position could be possible too, although I doubt it.

You should show the entire map by getting an image of the map from a top down view. Then you could use Minecraft texturing to retexture an items model to that image. Then when you hold it, it displays the image on your entire screen. There could be an ingame map item that when held is a regular map showing the area around you, and when right clicked shows the entire map by changing the item id. Then if you right click again it goes back to the smaller map.

A Human likes this.
  15. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Yeah, I can imagine that it would be possible to make the map just one giant texture that you can have in a menu in the compass or something.

However, showing the player's location on the map is probably impossible.

16. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yeah you could show where they are on a smaller map though which toggles between large map which helps them figure out where they are relative to the large map

17. Gearsalt_Mark

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Yeah very good point. I wish Wynn would make a Wynn mod so they could go NUTS with creativity, but I'm 90% sure there's something about "Minecraft mod laumchers aren't 100% safe" right?

Like the hypothetical Wynn mod would be 100% safe but the loader like Mc Forge isn't guarenteed to be safe, correct?

If that's the case, I'd understand why they wouldn't want to resort to putting the players in danger.

(Plus isn't their whole thing no mods requored on their home page?)

Edit: These kinds of responses that have thought and explanation and aren't cancerous are very nice ty <3

18. A Human

Minecraft:
    The problem isn’t with safety of launchers, it’s that the main appeal of the game is not being forced to download a mod to play. Lots of people (like me) either don’t want to or can’t download mods for these purposes.

ThomAnn100 and Gearsalt_Mark like this.
  19. Gearsalt_Mark

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What's stopping you from getting mods?

20. A Human

Minecraft:
    Just personal experience and an (irrational) fear of downloading stuff (since I once got quite a few viruses on my computer)

For some people, they might just not want to go through all the extra hassle of downloading a mod and having to launch using a different launcher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.