Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Mechanics The Profession Bag (Ingredient Pouch Overhaul)

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Spaghetti Man, Aug 6, 2023.

?

Do you like the idea of the Profession Bag?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, however... (explain in replies)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spaghetti Man

Spaghetti Man The Spaghetti Man CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Adding to the overall level of depth and creativity that cannot be found in any other MMO, I love the profession system of Wynncraft and how it gives such massive choices to the player to do whatever they want. However, I think the absolute biggest problem is that for someone trying to get into professions, it costs so much storage space in your bank to hold onto materials, ingredients, and gathering tools for later.

One solution would be to simply double the Ingredient Pouch space, but that is only a short-term solution due to the fact that Wynncraft is an ever-expanding game, and adding what is equal to only a single extra page of storage space for ingredients in a game where more and more ingredients get added with each major update is not a very effective solution, not to mention that it leaves the problem of Crafting Materials and Gathering Tools which cannot be put in the Ingredient Pouch and still cost lots of storage space.

So, instead I have a much cooler and more interesting solution: a brand new Ingredient Pouch overhaul/replacement that combines it into a more general-purpose profession storage, the Profession Bag.

The Profession Bag:

The Profession Bag completely replaces the Ingredient Pouch, and is in the same slot that the Ingredient Pouch currently is.
    It uses the Bank interface: the bag's storage is shared between characters, and buying new pages for it costs the same amount of emeralds as the Bank itself; however, the Bank and Profession Bag are completely separate, so buying a page of your Profession Bag does not also give you the same page of your Bank. In this sense, it works similar to the Misc Bucket.

Naturally, the first page of the Profession Bag is already unlocked and if the update were to happen, items already in the Ingredient Pouch will be automatically put into the Profession Bag, but since all of your characters share the same Profession Bag, all of those characters' pouches are also emptied into the bag as well. If there is not enough space in the first page for all characters' Ingredient Pouches, then it will continue to fill up into the locked pages after the first, and you will be able to access those ingredients again simply by buying those pages.

Other than that, the Profession Bag does differ from the Bank in many ways:​
    • Only certain items can be placed in the bag, those being Gathering Tools, Repair Scrap, Crafting Materials, and Crafting Ingredients. These have special interactions with the bag, see below.

• Gathering Tools of any kind and Repair Scrap can be placed in the bag, and you can gather at resource nodes as long as the appropriate tool is in the bag without needing to take it out of the bag to use it. Hovering over the bag icon in the inventory shows the highest tier you have of each useable tool, as well their durability and how much scrap is inside the bag. When scrapping items at the Blacksmith, all the repair scrap is automatically put into the bag. Repairing items at the Blacksmith also pulls scrap from your bag if you do not have any in your inventory.
      Lastly, you can shift-right click on the Profession Bag icon to repair all of your tools if you have enough scrap in your bag or inventory.

• Crafting Materials from resource nodes can be put in the bag, and successfully gathering at any node will automatically put the material in the bag. Picking them up from the ground also automatically puts them in the bag. Shift-Clicking on materials in any loot chest (such as raid chests) puts it in the bag as well.

• Crafting Ingredients of any kind can be put in the bag, and picking them up from the ground automatically puts them in the bag. Additionally, when an enemy drops an ingredient, it is automatically collected and put into the bag just like materials from resource nodes. Shift-Clicking an ingredient in any loot chest (such as cave chests) puts it in the bag as well.
    • When you are using any Crafting Station, if you have the high enough crafting level and have enough materials in your bag to craft an item there, you can click on the empty material space to add your highest level usable crafting material directly from your bag or inventory into the crafting station. Left clicking adds the primary material, while right clicking adds the secondary material. For Woodworking specifically, you can also shift-click on the empty material space to add the tertiary material, that being Oils.
      -As an example, if you are a high enough Jeweling level and you have enough materials to craft a level 40-50 item at a Jeweling Station, then you can left click to add Iron Gems and right click to add Icefish Oils directly from your bag.
    • You can assign pages to auto-fill based on item type, level range, and tier level, so you could assign page 2 to only fill up with gathering tools, or you could assign several pages to only fill up with ingredients within a certain level range, or you could even assign a page to only fill up with tier 3 materials. You can also dump items in your inventory into the bag, just like you can do at the bank.
    Overall, I think this would be an absolutely amazing way to get people to try out professions, as it would make it much more accessible to new players wanting to get into professions, and much more convenient for older players who have already started using them. And most of all, it allows the item hoarders to hoard to their hearts' content.

Tell me what you guys think of this new overhaul :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  2. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a superb suggestion. Right now the two biggest issues with professions is the grind and the massive amount of inventory space it can take up. If I want to make max level wands, I need to grind wood, which takes a dozen tools, which I probably won't want to dispose of after I finish with in case I might want to also level up my other classes, stacks of wood, tools for string, stacks of string, and wandmaking ingredients, which I will need stacks of at higher levels. In total you could easily fill 2 bank pages with just the tools, materials and ingredients for leveling up one single crafting skill. Citation: I've done this up to level 80ish. One of the biggest issues for me really is the space; I have an entire bank pages dedicated to the ingredients, another for the tools, and I had to use one of my classes to hold the wood while I gather the string. This would be a huge benefit, especially to ironman and crafted classes.

3. Spaghetti Man

Minecraft:
    I'm still not sure whether or not crafted items should be allowed in the Profession Bag, as it might be too exploitable for Ironman classes.
    Speaking of which, I think something that could be done is that when Ironman is enabled, the first page of the Profession Bag could be used for all items because this is exactly how the Ingredient Pouch works on an Ironman class.

luckeyLuuk and Melkor like this.
  4. Krooza

Krooza Professional dumbass HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think they should. Great suggestion btw.

5. Tfarcnnyw

Tfarcnnyw Skirl CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Add scrap blocks and maybe even liquified scrap.

ineedhelp and Krooza like this.
  6. Spaghetti Man

Minecraft:
    Ehh, I don't know if that's really necessary, especially considering it means that they would have to make a new merchant dedicated to turning scrap into blocks and liquid.

7. Spaghetti Man

Minecraft:
    Bumping this thread to renew relevance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.