Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Game Design The Issue Of Not Picking Up Ingredients When The Inventory Is Full

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ced, Apr 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ced

Ced lol HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Disclaimer: My idea is based on the assumption that this behavior is not intended. If it is, forget about this :)

Right now the pouch stops to pick up ingredients when the player's inventory is full. I think this is because Minecraft does not even try to pick up items when no inventory space is left.
    First I had an idea for a workaround. If the compass in hotbar slot 7 would be left out and "replaced" by the texture which already is behind it, there would be a free slot and the event would still be triggered. But then I thought about it and tested it and found some issues:
    Of course the compass-item is required to display the held-item-info (="Character Info") and the text which is displayed when hovering the compass in the inventory can't be displayed anymore. That's why I chose the compass in the first place, because the quest book and the soul points have more "important" information in their name and lore, while the compass' name and lore remain always the same. But the biggest issue is that the right click with the compass won't work without an item in the slot if you're not looking at a block and instead in the air.
    Now I got another idea, based on the first one: If the compass was placed in the hotbar ONLY when the player's held-item-slot is slot 7, the click would work again and the held item name would be displayed again. Only the hovering in the inventory still wouldn't work, but in my opinion this is a way smaller problem than the pickup-issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.