1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    don't know why no one mentioned gavel

aha wait I literally did in a previous post and yet again you've missed a blatant point I made

can't think of anything more apt to say here than, quote,
    "wuh"

Jacquie, Gangplank, Drew1011 and 2 others like this.
  2. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    lol

3. Goden

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thank you for your feedback, we at the ct consider your feedback of great importance and will be sure to factor this commentary into any further changes if possible and understandable, have a pleasant day

Jacquie, Gangplank, Bart (MC) and 6 others like this.
  4. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    wuh

blow w likes this.
  5. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    being a cunt sure does help when ur losing an argument
    shamos was just trying to discuss and actually having solid arguments and ur being a dick

6. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    So? The point everyone is making is that all that time and money spent on trying to hit level 101 was wasted. 103-104 are purely cosmetic, so why did they care about making sure people didnt get there as fast? Moreover, people who had even 15% XP on 100 before 1.18 got to level 102 past 0%. There isn't any content past level 99, so why did jpresent not want them to get there as fast?

Bart (MC), Realises and Lego_DW like this.
  7. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    levelling up 101s to 104 would have been more work than it was worth, and 101 was still completely optional.

8. Chronozilla

Chronozilla Mistress of Dern HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would under absolutely no circumstance, push this item update unless a new things happen:

There needs to be actual content in the game that's difficult enough, preferably mechanically, to properly utilize the new archetypes and team roles the item update is trying to push. namely, the server sorely lacks a true raid activity.

The special points themselves needs a rework, as far as my look of all the changes thus far, they're all being forcefully bent to fit around what the 5 stats provide, many to be the polar opposite of what they currently are, but nobody has stopped to ask of the stats need a looking at.

For items that are getting changed, offer all the players that will be affected by the changes some kind of compensation, while the overall idea and intent of the rework is awesome, the execution is absolutely miserable and i would strongly urge the item team to rethink how the update can be pushed with less uproar, when its ready to get pushed (which from what can be seen currently, will still be a long time)

Even with these above mentioned changes, it will take alot of feedback and discussion with the playerbase to get every item where the changes are at the very least, tolerable.

As mentioned by others in this thread, the idea of losing build freedom to be forced into one of the archetype boxes is not an enticing prospect.

EDIT: also, whenever this thing goes to hero beta testing, please provide some way of easily getting gear on the beta server, you can't very well test a huge gear update when you have none of the gear.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  9. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    So, after some testing I have to say, this overhaul is great and a very much needed update to the game. I would still say that it would take more mechanics like additional ids or new spells to give much more depth, but with these changes the Item Team probably got as much out of the current system as possible. The element system really seems to be at the point where it originally was intended to be. The different elements, elemental combinations and items got much more identity, building for a different element really feels different. While previously, you could just slap some rainbow items on everything and make it work, you must now put much more thought into building, dealing with different strengths and weaknesses each combinationen provides.
    I was especially surprised about how much impact elemental weaknesses now have, serving as some kind of "soft limitation": Many duo-elemental pieces of armour, although having only two different skill point requirements, seem to be designed with third element in mind, so by using them in a different archetype, you get access to the strengths of this third element, but they also add problematic weaknesses. For example, you might use Sizzling Shawl or Chef Hamsey's Apron in a "Divine"-build to improve your damage you are otherwise lacking, but they also add large thunder/earth-weaknesses that are much more difficult to deal with than before; and this leads to interesting decisions.
    What might be the best change of all is the overall buff to uniques and how they provide fore the skill points that the powerful legendaries require. It does not only make the uniques more useful and adds a large amount of now interesting items to the building-process, but also makes legendaries more special and satisfying to use: Instead of being just a staple, they besome the backbone of you build, you actually have to build around them to make them work and release their power.

To adress some complaints I've read:
    - "Items becaome worthless due to changed ids and builds will get destroyed." True, this is a problem. I would say that the long-term benefit of getting a much better item system outweighs the loss of some old money and builds; and personally, I always liked experimenting with different items and builds instead of creating and sticking to the "perfect" build with godly items anyway, but I can understand why people who played this way are getting mad.

- "Item xy is too weak/strong." I haven't tested enough to be able to say something about this, but its true, there will probably a lot of balancing that has to be done in the future. But still, the general direction of this update looks great and overall, the current changelog seems to be quite balanced considering it was released to the public just one day ago.

- "Volcanic/Valiance/melee in general that isn't tier-stacking is still too weak, glass cannons are not really possible." For me, this seems to be more a problem of the strength/dexterity stat being weak in general. Having a 60% mana cost reduction means you can cast 2.5-times as many spells, dodging 60% of all attacks means you will survive 2.5-times longer, while dealing 60% more melee damage makes your hits just 1.6-times stronger; and thats not even considering that strength is additive, its relative impact becomes even smaller if you increase melee damage% further through ids. I think that the formula should be changed to make these stats equally good (in addition to some balance changes, so tier-stacking becomes not stronger than it already is).

- "The higher skill point requirements limit creativity." Yes, fewer items become available for a single build, you won't be able to just add every item you want to your build, slap Vaward, Libra etc on it and make it work. But as I already explained, the items that you can still use get more fleshed-out identities through these restrictions as they create different strengths, problems and solutions that wouldn't be there in the mash-up we had previously. More options =/= meaningful options, available =/= viable.

- "Items became generally worse." I would say no. They just seem worse because they don't fit in the old meta people are used to, they will rather see how they break their current builds instead of recognizing the new possibilities they create.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  10. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    a moment of silence for our fallen comrade, the mob raid

i completely agree with this, except maybe the "wait until pushing it" thing. if they are going to do a big redux to mobs and give us more of an actual challenge that isnt just li, then id like time to prepare my build for it. considering the fact that the threads name has "Part 1" in it, i feel it is 100% possible they may have this in mind.

Stag2001 likes this.
  11. Goden

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Snipy, Realises and Drew1011 like this.
  12. rainbowx1994

rainbowx1994 (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧ CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Just a quick note: Yes I am still inactive until July 11th. I just wanted to come on to post this meme.

13. ocu

Minecraft:
    ???

For jpresent I imagine it would've taken less than 3 hours.

14. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    even still, i dont think anyone expected the outcry that happened with 101, and they cant be expected to give support to something that was completely optional. giving those who complained a star was a stretch, and i doubt theyll do it again if/when they increase the cap.

15. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All of these are bad updates lol.
    Corkus was an insult to everyone that’s ever made a suggestion considering the first suggestion ever implemented was the meme suggestion of Corkus. Not even to mention it was just completely lackluster.
    The 101 thing was unquestionably stupid and a complete insult to every player that ever got a 101.
    Professions is just dumb and does nothing but make the game more grindy

16. ocu

Minecraft:
    Yes, they didn't, but they absolutely should have. It's entirely their fault if they somehow didn't think removing around 100 million EXP from a player's class wouldn't have backlash especially after how much money people have sunk into CSST, CIB, etc.. Their reasoning, that it was so the person would explore more, makes zero sense unless they decided to boot in professions last minute.

17. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I generally agree, although on the whole items generally are worse.

RicRicc likes this.
  18. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    "first suggestion ever implemented" id suggest you fact check before arguing
    the 101 thing was stupid, not from the cts not doing anything at first, but from the communities response. you should have expected the level cap to be raised. those who grind to 104 knowing that the gathering cap is 150 are either unquestionably stupid or placing their bets on getting another star by their name
    its an mmorpg, what do you expect? everything to be handed to you on a silver spoon? also, professions added a new level to builds as you can now make your own items to a degree

19. ocu

Minecraft:
    Yes
    We expected the level cap to be raised.

But we didn't expect all of our fucking experience to suddenly disappear. We expected it to round up like NORMAL levels do, and instead of being stuck at 102, almost 90 million EXP below what we had before, we'd be in the 103-104 range.

NITEHAWKX, Jacquie, Shoefarts and 4 others like this.
  20. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    what exactly do you mean by round up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.