1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So what kind of requirement increases might we be seeing on these items then? Will their requirements be roughly even in terms of amount of skill points in each of the elements required?

2. RazorGuild

RazorGuild FEATURED WYNNCEAFTIAN (WIP) (IM MAKING IT BIG) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    He’s allowed to not have faith in the item team especially with a literal huge overhaul of the entire god damn endgame. It’s a huge change and anybody could fuck it up. Thousands of items being changed seems extremely frightening especially with these current initial bad changes with steamjet and blue mask. The signs of disaster are already there, so no he can say that he just doesn’t have faith.

3. nicktree

nicktree wynncraft player HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think the IMs have the sanity to change thousands of items. Also, the IMs don't become IMs because they mess up items.

Hyperheretical likes this.
  4. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    You should at least be able to back up whatever you say. Right?

5. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    im never gonna understand wynn again

Shoefarts and NITEHAWKX like this.
  6. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    assuming you have an idea of how the combat system works now, you basically just need to read a changelog once it appears and maybe do some build readjustments. just rolling with it once the update itself is out will probably work just fine

7. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    i still dont know what a build is and dont bother explaining

im just lamenting my absence of mind since 2016

8. BethJerry

BethJerry BFG 9000 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This might have already been addressed in an earlier comment, but is the elemental revamp going to be the focal point for the 1.19 update or will there be something bigger coming out on top of the elemental revamp?

Miles_, xSkiing and brokenmotor like this.
  9. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    When this thread was started, I looked up how many items fell under the "level 80+" statement. It is not thousands, just one thousand. Still sounds a bit extreme, and they did change Blue Mask which technically is only level 68. However...
    This statement by Killerfish specifies that they still do not "have faith that this will be done right". That still means that, after IM retracted their ideas for the broken new Blue Mask and Steamjet Walkers, after they recruited the help ov the members ov our own community, Killerfish still does not have faith. That means that Killerfish is accusing you, me, and the rest ov this community ov being insufficient as well. Do you still side with them?

10. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's worth noting that Steamjet Walkers wasn't exactly retracted, just that IMs would reconsider it.

11. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    The release date and the exact content is unconfirmed. The original roadmap for us would be to first release this: Part 1, for an early july release. However, due to community responses, we have to push back the release date. Which allows us to not only gain more feedback from the community before the release but also for us to continue work on the other parts for the elem revamp and potentially release all of them together. Whether it will be released with 1.19 or before I cannot say, but it's safe to say it won't be coming after 1.19. Obviously, if it's releasing with 1.19 then there's gonna be more update from the other parts of the CT than just this. Not sure if that answers your question without giving away too much.

12. BethJerry

BethJerry BFG 9000 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It answered my question, yeah. On a different note, I appreciate that the Item Team is working with the community to make this update happen. I'm not super active in the community but I don't think I've ever seen the CT spill so much of an update to get feedback on it before they release it. Props to you and the rest of the Item Team

13. hppeng

hppeng 0 intel is the correct amount of intel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Issue with that is that the whole working with the community thing wasn't part of the original plan; this post wasn't meant so much as a feedback post as an update preview post :/

More like a giant wake-up call if you ask me, but still a step in the right direction

14. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Well the original plan was to get feedback from everyone when those items are actually in game and adjust along the way but this works as well

15. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    Is there any news about a specific date for the changelog release?

Fryelt, Triactic, Poprony and 5 others like this.
  16. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Almost everything in the system has changed but the system remains exactly the same, is there any end goal?

17. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can promise you that things are very different.

18. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    Adolphus W. Green (1844–1917) started as the Principal of the Groton School in 1864. By 1865, he became second assistant librarian at the New York Mercantile Library; from 1867 to 1869, he was promoted to full librarian. From 1869 to 1873, he worked for Evarts, Southmayd & Choate, a law firm co-founded by William M. Evarts, Charles Ferdinand Southmayd and Joseph Hodges Choate. He was admitted to the New York State Bar Association in 1873.
    Anyway, how's your day been?

CylinderKnot likes this.
  19. AmbassadorArt

AmbassadorArt Protesting bad changes since 2019 VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why are you changing the slots of these!? ugh cmon, I thought y'all learned from the critcism that we don't want so many builds to be destroyed by this update, yet a few pages later you come out with this announcement. *sigh* and I was getting hopeful for a moment too. why. why is this change absolutely necessary? I thought they were new items the ones we saw in the screens... you just wanna force as much change as possible on the community, like, artificially find ways to aggravate players just to fulfill oyur team's perfect version.

in short feedback: leave the existing hive items alone, or at least in their current slots. belive it or not, this does create some really massive potential issues.

20. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    You do not understand! We need to sacrifice something to satisfy their... "bloodlust", shall we say. If IM can not destroy at least a few dozen builds, they will feel as if they have accomplished nothing! I do not know what builds for which you may be using the current Master Hive armors, but I feel that Hephaestus-Forged Greaves is the only one with an irreplaceable aspect: large health regeneration plus damage. Boreal-Patterned Aegis really only has mana regeneration, and both Anima-Infused Helmet and Gaea-Hewn Boots are only good for damage. All ov this can be replaced by other endgame armors I have seen. As for Hephaestus-Forged Greaves becoming a pair ov boots, I have already seen how that will hurt some players' builds. However, I still assert that it is not the worst thing to suffer if it means potential security for our other endgame armors...

CylinderKnot and Shoefarts like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.