1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    In a sense it is comforting to know that, at the very least, newer/revisiting players will have a new interesting endgame to enjoy.

xSkiing likes this.
  2. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    the existing ones will just have their focuses reinforced

3. xSkiing

xSkiing ! VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm feeling a lot better about this update knowing that most of the items will be run through people like Druser and Larz to make sure they are decent.

NITEHAWKX and Hyperheretical like this.
  4. AlexisPlay

AlexisPlay I'm that one guy who is a guy. VIP+

Minecraft:
    I connected and saw that I'm poor and I lost myself on Youtube. Mission failed. x)

Hyperheretical likes this.
  5. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    Dagnabit.

6. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    P.s. I wasn't the first one to say it.

7. Killerfish

Killerfish Procrastinating Artist HERO

Minecraft:
    I just still don't have faith that this will be done right.

Realises, Shoefarts, Lego_DW and 2 others like this.
  8. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So BPA becomes a helmet, Hephaestus-Forged will become boots, but can we assume Gaea-Hewn will probably stay boots since it's the only thing close to what it does (aside from Mantlewalkers for fire/earth)? And to a lesser extent Anima, which probably won't become a chestplate or leggings, but could become boots (see Medeis and Cinderchain).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    xSkiing likes this.
  9. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    If you dont have faith in the item team, nor have faith in the classbuilders (chosen by the community) who are going to work with them. Then how about you give them some input after the changelogs are released?

blow w and Hyperheretical like this.
  10. hppeng

hppeng 0 intel is the correct amount of intel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What happens to hive gear if its in the wrong armor slot when the update rolls out?

Also, would appreciate it if there were less complete reworks (steamjet, brainwash, bmask) as has been stated by the community already, since 1) IMO those items have their purposes as-is; and 2) reworking vs. adding new items destroys a lot of value / player time and effort

Hyperheretical likes this.
  11. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    I mean, you have all the right concerns, but there is something to do about it. Like Victor said, IM has promised to check changes with the community. If you have any doubts, you need to voice them when the time comes.

12. MrH

MrH Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Multiple people have stated their opinions on this thread, and after a few days of pondering about the update, I have some things to ask and say.

Some users have spent tons of money on "godly" items, and if these changes are made, how will the "new id's" get implemented? Will it be dependant on randomness? Will it depend on the % of the other stats which were there before it? With the example of steam jet walkers, how will the new stats be made?

Also, I just wanted to tell the IM's that this update is a thing that will (I will say this once again, after a ton of people have said it) completely destroy the economy, selling price, and sales of an item. It will also heavily affect builds that players may have grinded out, or have spent stacks of liquid emeralds on. It may quite literally render all current builds unviable. It seems that the dreadful consequences of this update/patch are worse than the alternative, leaving it be. Also, build makers who spend hundreds of hours (maybe not hundreds but definitely a lot of hours) making builds will have to see all the builds they have created go down the drain because of these changes. Even if a changelog were to come out (and it probably will. Hopefully anyway), it may take build makers hours and hours to experiment, and all their experience (maybe I'm exaggerating, maybe I'm not) will be gone because of the changes to items. Items that they knew the ins and outs of before may be changed to an item with a completely different concept (Ex. Steamjet).

I find it good that IM's have decided to share changes with the community so we can "brace for impact" so to say, but I feel as if a longer warning period of some sort might've helped us. The fact is, some changes are more for worse than for the better. I hope IM's understand that and understand the risk and consequences that this update may have on the player count, economy, market, and much more.

If the community does not want an update like this, why force an update on them? It seems that most of the community wish for the update not to happen, so why do it? Also, IM's are picked to create items for Wynn, which players use. This means that IM's should probably be listening to community feedback. I'm not sure if that has been happening.

That is all I have to say. Thank you for reading.

Shoefarts likes this.
  13. victorpotato2

Minecraft:
    They are listening thats why they are going to work with people from the community. Also they postponed the update

14. xSkiing

xSkiing ! VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I make builds and I am excited for the new update as it adds many items to mess around with and many new concepts. I personally don't mind if most of my previous builds are broken. (Except pls keep Taurus as is) For the economy what people don't understand is that you can still resell gear and store most of your money in le. The economy will be hectic when the update first drops but eventually it will stabilize.

Stag2001 and blow w like this.
  15. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    Hehe, hehehehehehehe. And I do not care that my Knight, Dark Wizard, Hunter, and Ninja will be destroyed. But please oh please keep Centipede, Thanos Legionnaire Chestplate, Time Ring, and Gigabyte exactly the same.

16. MrH

MrH Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Postponed?

17. victorpotato2

Minecraft:
    At first they said the update would be live in a few weeks, after some community feedback/outrage they said they would revisit the items and postpone it for i believe month(s)

18. Hyperheretical

Minecraft:
    Changelog coming at the end ov this week or sometime next week. There will be a large amount ov time dedicated to community feedback, so actual update is at least two months away.

MrH and blow w like this.
  19. blow w

blow w Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Hi do you have any constructive feedback on why you think that? (Other than “ i have no faith in the item team”)
    Like Victor said, if you don’t have faith in us nor the class builders, legit just nominate someone you do trust.

20. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    starx280, YYGAYMER and Bart (MC) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.