1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER The Bandits' Move

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by MagmaMelon, Jan 9, 2020.

?

Out of my three threads so far, which one was best?

1. Bandits and Outlaws - Thread 1

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. A Mysterious Merchant - Thread 2

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. The Bandits' Move - This Thread

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MagmaMelon

MagmaMelon Theorist and Geek

Minecraft:
    Hello everyone! Before we dive into this thread, I think you should know that this thread is part of a series - to find all of them quickly just type the tag 'lore'. This is the third.

So, as you may have noticed, these mysteries have a lot to do with bandits, and this mystery follows on from that. In the Sandstorm Vandalisers cave, there is an agenda for what the clan wants to do next. Most of it is just nonsense, but one sign only was not... "Raid Ternaves blacksmith shop." Why Ternaves? Do Ternaves know of this threat? Is it significant that the Blacksmith is an NPC in Bob's Lost Soul quest? You are probably wondering why I am interested in this particular sign. Well, there are a number of strange things near Ternaves. End Portals, giant prisons, abandoned mines, an abandoned entryway to the Mesa, and that's just a few. Watch this space!

I realised something interesting the other day. Near some of the bandit lairs, there are mobs called greedy miners. This may be of no significance, but greedy miners have been a huge problem for Wynn in past years. The Roots of Corruption, the Ternaves World Event, the Silent Expanse, and WE messing up. Is it Deja vu? Is there something under the desert best left alone? Does it have to do with the Lost Empire?

And lastly, Takan. Last thread I mentioned an outside influence, helping the bandits, and I speculated that Takan works for this influence by helping the Shadow Spears. Benjin, in the comments, said that a relation of Takan could've been in the Shadow Spears, and maybe this is true. Or maybe Takan saw allying himself with the Shadow Spears as an opportunity to overthrow Almuj. What is interesting is Takan's last words. He speaks of a new era in n a very military style, not like he is speaking to bandits. Bandits are supposed to be uneducated and would not understand words like "aristocrat." I wonder what is happening there...

CLOSING QUESTIONS:
    1. Are the greedy miners significant?
    2. What is this outside influence (read my last thread for my evidence)?
    3. Why do the bandits want to travel hundreds of blocks to get to Ternaves?

OVER TO YOU:
    1. Please answer question 2.

ReneCZ, Kraby and Iboju like this.
  2. Tealy

Tealy Lorekeeper | Mememaker HERO

Minecraft:
    upload_2020-1-9_0-25-59.png

this came off way meaner than i meant it to look, no disrespect I love lore too

3. Benjin

Benjin Well-Known Adventurer

1. I wouldn't necessarily consider miners just DOING THEIR JOB to be greedy, I mean, you're mining, and you're a miner, whatcha ya gonna do? Anyways miners are just miners, Unfortunate Miners, Dead Miners, Greedy Miners, Withered Miners and blah blah blah.
    2. It's not clear enough, it just plainly isn't, I mean, it could be WynnExcavation but that's just straight up guessing, so I'm clueless
    3. Well we know some bandits raided Almuj before and failed (A Sandy Scandal), so I guess Ternaves, a much less protected area, lacking golems in fact, would be much more easy to raid, also there are two blacksmiths, one for Bob's Lost Soul and another for the A Journey Beyond, we know blacksmith knows some sort of soul magic, and from the lore of the Mythic Spear, Alkatraz, we know that soul-locking magic is outlawed in Gavel, so maybe they wanna use soul magic for some reason? No idea why they would, also, are you not gonna bother with the Emperor's Staff? Most bandits seem to have an oath to not use the wand as it holds insidious amounts of power, and if Takan is really going for world domination that staff would be a priority

4. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time Staff Member Moderator ♪ Music Item Team HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ...wow, someone's finally giving the Sandstorm Vandals attention and for all the wrong reasons. Alright, let's take it from the top...
    May as well ask how the Jinkos made Sreggad(as that's now a drop by a certain type of Jinko) or how the Jungle Fetishes made Contamination(a poison bow) or how spiders can drop a Leaf Set, if you want to take it so far. Each piece of gear is just named for the bandit gang...though the Sandstorm Vandals have more drops than that. Randall drops the Vandalizer and his Leg Plating, and all the other members can drop the Sandshooter(a bow) and the Sandslasher(a dagger). Who's to say they COULDN'T have jury-rigged their own materials, if we insist on giving it a meaning? I mean...

Maybe to get metal for Randall's invincible armor?

If you explore the Vandals' houses each one has a different function. One's a kitchen, one's a sleeping quarters, one's a gold storage, etc. There's a house with a smithy in it, and on the top floor there's a note from Randall saying that he's looking to get more metal to make invincible armor so they can pull a heist on the Almuj bank. Given he has 72000 health at level 38 and drops an armor that gives 15 defense points and has lots of health, it's clear he already has made some, but he'd need more materials to make more armor for the rest of the crew, wouldn't he? And where would you find high-quality metals? At a blacksmith's shop; and a nigh undefended one, no less, unlike the ones that might be in Almuj or Detlas. Going back to the first point, about the weapons, it's really not that unreasonable to assume the bandits stole materials to make their weapons.

Additionally, let's look at the area the bandits are in; the desert and mesa. Remember that there was an ancient civilization in the desert that built many of the structures within it. Almuj and the current landscape essentially sits on top of all of that. Is it that difficult to assume that some wayward bandits wouldn't happen across some of these ruins and retrofit them for their own purposes? The Vandals didn't build that cave, they're squatting(as homey as they've made it for themselves), and I wouldn't exactly describe a few buildings in a watery cave as "fortified".

The Emerald Knives, on the other hand, seem a bit more established. Unlike the Vandals, who have active plans to pilfer and steal, and unlike the Shadow Spears, allied with Takan, and unlike the Quicksand Carvers, who're dead and zombified, the Emerald Knives have no apparent plans to get out and do any further pillaging. They've made their profits already; why wouldn't they start building up their place and defending it?

I'll say this right-out: The Vandals are dorks. Don't take them seriously. It was a Destiny reference that spiraled into an unnecessarily detailed homebase for them. They're out for their own gain, so if you really want to theorize about them, let me give you an idea: Why's Knox's painting called "Dreams of Steam"?

It's cool that you managed to draw all this from the region, it's just too bad that you missed enough details to end up theorizing in a different direction from the information available...

5. MagmaMelon

Minecraft:
    xD I get u didn't mean it offensively, and as long as that's the case anything like this is ok.
    Oof! Ok... U will be right because your Selvut, and maybe I am going over the top, but the part of this mystery in the desert is soon to end, so maybe I am on to something further west....

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    MegaCoquin likes this.
  6. MagmaMelon

Minecraft:
    Wait a second...
    Waddya mean missed enough details? I'm going in the wrong direction? U mean there is something up here I've missed?

7. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time Staff Member Moderator ♪ Music Item Team HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean missing the fact that the desert is full of ruins, so that the bandits are squatting rather than fortifying and building of their own accord, missing the smithy and notes in the Vandals' building regarding the armor, missing the fact that the Emerald Knives are the only bandits without plans to pilfer, and the fact that the Quicksand Carvers are actually zombies. Thanks to having not noticed that info, your theories went a completely different direction than the facts of the matter, specifically because that info fills in a lot of missing pieces to your theory.

MajorMiner and __Excel like this.
  8. MagmaMelon

Minecraft:
    Ok. I get the point. I'm a bad theorist. I get it. I'm wrong. Forget the mystery, I am gonna take a break from the forums for half a year to a year. So everyone who's reading this, goodbye.

9. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's not at all what I meant.
    Just cause you went in the wrong direction doesn't mean this wasn't all interesting to read. I tried to say right out that I was glad people were giving the bandit camps some attention. Even theories that end up false can still be interesting to read through, and if it's an interesting read I certainly wouldn't say you're a bad theorist by any stretch of the word.

__Excel likes this.
  10. MagmaMelon

Minecraft:
    Ok. I get that you didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry for being a bit edgy and thank you so much for the encouragement. Because of the largest link in this "mystery" is wrong, I think the whole thing is probably debunked. Maybe I'll go back to doing normal theory threads for a while and then have a look round the desert again. There are some interesting things in this place, and the meas too. I can't help wondering if the grave near Ternaves "To chime and bell, to solitude, I bid thee farewell..." is significant.

Thanks again for the encouragement.

11. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Still, I'd suggest investigating the Vandals' place a bit more thoroughly. It's chock-full of dumb easter eggs and actually elucidates on basically all the Vandals' personalities.

12. Benjin

You realize this is a public forums post, right? Sharing personal feelings are often done in conversations, also what Selvut said was criticism, not hate, they were sharing honest opinions and that should not make you emotionally vulnerable, this is something to understand, not everyone is right.

13. SnapDoomy

SnapDoomy Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    "This is not a private conversation, so you can't express your feelings"

14. Benjin

Wait I'm confused

15. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's already been resolved, peeps.

Arkade and MagmaMelon like this.
  16. bessons-flowers

bessons-flowers ♧ the local emerald dealer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    old blyvis & drale quest intensifies

H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y and MagmaMelon like this.
  17. H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y

H0Y0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y A H0Y0Y0Y0Y0B0Y IMPROVED HERO

Minecraft:
    Causally stealing money from drale to pay to blyvis

18. Benjin

Realizing Blyvis must've been on some super-shroom serum he bought from Yahya to confuse a man as a cow

19. bessons-flowers

bessons-flowers ♧ the local emerald dealer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe. The tunnel between Katoa and Detlas must be going under Yahya's house too