1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

That's It, I'm Gonna Try Hypixel Skyblock.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Thonck, Jan 13, 2021.

?

What turned you off about HSB?

1. The Grind

18 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Burnout

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I Did All the Content

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Thonck

Thonck I Need the Yopyop Sauce VIP

Minecraft:
    Seeing as there's a large influx of HSB players in the community now, I'm kinda curious to see what's dragging everyone away from skyblock. I'm gonna go in mostly blind, but I do know that HSB is grindy as hell. But I'm gonna give it a fair chance and come back once I've played enough and then compare it to Wynn.

2. Villijah

Villijah Travelled Adventurer

As a former hypixel skyblock player its just extremely grindy and some even have an addiction. the game gets boring quite quickly in my opinion and i got to the end game so i quit

TotemOfUndying likes this.
  3. petes_pizza

petes_pizza Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    how long did it take you to get to the endgame? because i quit 2 months in and i was still in the early/midgame

4. Villijah

Villijah Travelled Adventurer

6-7 months i would say

5. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Dart Flingers are the bane of Wynncraftians

Minecraft:
    If you have mom's credit card it would be shorter than that

6. Bart

Bart Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    ye it's way too grindy & boring in my opinion. I got to the point where I had AOTE/Raiders Axe + Fierce gear, including having my minions decently leveled, working on farms on my island & discovered 190+ fairy souls. I'd say that got me definitely out of the begingame into the midgame, but it's just way too grindy (slayers for example are way too repetitive & boring) which is why I quit..

I know there are probably tons of other stuff I could have done but honestly, it all comes down to somewhat the same and just didn't feel like playing it anymore

7. (Prefix)Hypickle

(Prefix)Hypickle Travelled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I quit bc
    1: The fricking #*!?/* comunity
    2: I basically did all the content(cata 26, 200m networth)
    3: Too grindy
    4: Ive always like mmorg rpgs and hypixel skyblock is, in my opinion, not one

8. Samsam101

Samsam101 Talking mushroom best character HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the what

anyway hsb is not even worth investigating since its actual steaming garbage please spare yourself of the misery

9. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Dart Flingers are the bane of Wynncraftians

Minecraft:
    yeah. it has devolved into an endless grind effort where nobody is helpful, everyone is toxic, and if you have moms credit card then everything becomes easy because hsb is frickin p2w

10. JustLooking

JustLooking I like melon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    HSB is barely an mmorpg in my opinion

It's more like a glorified prison server at this point, considering with the new mining update with it.

11. Allankap5

Allankap5 Living legend and icon

I had 3 issues with it:
    1. Traditional MMOs generally have at least some semblance of a story while Skyblock completely lacks that. A story can help make you feel connected with the world and your character and the fact that there isn't even a shred of story for it really turns me off.

2. The progression is really strange. It can feel really hard to know what to do next and if you're doing the right thing. There is no guide to show you what to do next or how to know when you should go to certain parts of the game. While this format can work for a lot of games (mainly open world games) it just doesn't work for Skyblock. It can be very difficult to see "why am I not dealing damage" or what more you could do to improve your damage. And even then, the things you can do to improve your damage are so small in scale that when you finally get that damage increase it doesn't feel very rewarding.

3. The game is grindy to a point where it feels unnecessary and boring. Some grinding is perfectly fine, it's a hallmark of the genre. Typically though, grinding on this scale is not usually needed for regular progression. Look at WoW for example, yes there is a lot of grinding you could do but almost all of the hard stuff is for either high end player gear or for cosmetics. In Skyblock though, EVERYTHING is a grind, even things at the start of the game.

12. Skylaar

Skylaar Class Build Enthusiast

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A lot of it is the community, and toxic players such as scammers and hackers can ruin a player's experience. Even one of the well-known plauers, TonyxD, got hacked at one point.
    In addition, there are several bugs and issues that make asome parts of the game difficult.
    IMO I'd say the grindiness is overexaggerated, its mostly the players themselves