Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Swappable Spells

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by tecnojet, Jul 10, 2018.

?

Would you like to see this ingame

1. Yes, i love the idea of changeable spells

22.6%
  2. Yes, but with LOTS AND LOTS OF BALANCING

45.2%
  3. maybe, but it would probably take too much effort

25.8%
  4. No, I don't want changeable spells

6.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tecnojet

tecnojet Lazy sheet VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    OK OK. I know it's not original but I'm suggesting it again...

Part one - Mechanics and gui.
    uh so basically, Under the compass menu there shall be a new button called spells. Pressing this brings up a menu that is divided into three parts. At the top of the page is the back button.

In the centre of the page, there are four empty slots where players can place spells. These all correspond to the RXX combinations. The bottom of the page is dedicated to storage of spells the player owns. Once a spell has been obtained, it fills its required slot.

Part two - Obtaining spells
    There are two main ways of obtaining spells; collecting and quests. The quests option is pretty self-explanatory. Completing certain quests give the player a spell. You can also collect spells by rare drops.
    Within the player base, players can also use spells in trades.

Part three - Example Spells
    OK so here's where I need some suggestions. Each class should have around 10 new spells to choose from, along with the 4 classical spells. Also, help me balance.
    These are not meant to be added, these are just examples of what COULD be done. The poll is for the concept

Name: X
    Level: X
    Mana: X
    Obtain: X
    Description: X
    II -
    III -​

Name: Sheild
    Level: 15
    Mana: 2 initial / 1 per second.
    Obtain: Obtained through quest: Potion-making
    Description: The player casts out a blue orb around them. This lasts for as long as the caster has magic. 50% of damage is negated. Every hit the shield takes, reduces the casters mana by 1. Whilst casting the player loses 50% of walk speed. Punching breaks the shield.
    II - Shattering - The shield now blocks 70% of damage. When the shield is canceled, All foes within a small radius take damage.
    III - Suspension - The shield now blocks 90% of damage. All creatures that touch this are pushed back a large distance.​

Name: Unholy circle
    Level: 40
    Mana: 1 per second
    Obtain: Common drop.
    Description: When cast, a ring of red particles emit from the player's feet. The radius is dependent on how high level the player is. Any creature inside this circle takes 2% of the player's regular attack damage per tick.
    II - Radius is extended, damage is 4% per tick. All creatures that die in this circle replenish the casters mana by 1.
    III -​
    Name: Sypian arrow
    Level: 30
    Mana: 3
    Obtained: Random drop chance, rare.
    Description: Shoots a slow-moving arrow. Anything that touches it moves with it and is stuck until either the arrow disappears or it collides with a wall. Collision deals damage based on how far the target travelled. After about 5 seconds the arrow disappears, if it doesn't collide, the foe doesn't take damage.
    II -
    III -​

Name: Primal Burst
    Level: 20
    Mana: 2 per second
    Obtain: Medium drop rate.
    Description: Casting this releases a small cloud of green particles. The player's damage, attack speed, speed and regen are all drastically increased. The player also takes more damage.
    II -
    III -​
    Name: Exasperating blast
    Level: 30
    Mana: All.
    Obtained: Very rare drop chance.
    Description: The player exhausts all available mana. A massive burst of light is then let from them. The radius is (Mana used). The damage is (Normal attack damage) * ((Mana used)/4) Rounded Up.
    II - Idk
    III -​

Name: Distribution
    Level: 10
    Mana: 6
    Obtain: Common drop.
    Description: Casting this gives the player an effect that lasts around 10 seconds. 10% of damage taken is distributed to all other creatures inside a small radius.
    II -
    III -​
    Name: Dummy distraction
    Level: 15
    Mana: 7
    Obtain: Quest: Potion-making
    Description: A dummy spawns where the player is currently standing. most of the foes in the area go and target the dummy instead of the player. The dummy has 1/20 of the player's health.
    II - Once the dummy is destroyed it explodes.
    III - Everything that hits the dummy takes a small bit of damage.​

Name: Tracer
    Level: 10
    Mana: 3
    Obtain: Common drop chance.
    Description: When cast, a short-range arrow is shot. It lasts about 10 blocks, dealing 100% damage to all it collides with. When it hits an object or wall, it bounces and sets its range back to 10. After each bounce, the damage is increased by 50%. After 3 bounces it disappears.
    II - On the third bounce it explodes.
    III -​

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    See, this is a thing I always wanted. I was always scared of suggesting it, because it may be "too much" (?) for the game, but it would add so much depth. They don't plan on adding new classes yet (though they probably will at some point?), and this is such a good alternative. Reminds me of Zentrela, which had a pretty good spell system. I could see something like this:

Different "spell loadout" and stuff
    I can see soul points being used to change your spell loadout
    Leveling up spells instead of upping its tier depending of the player level? This would be interesting

As for your example spells:

Shield: Sounds good, original mechanic, but the other tiers might be too op (90% damage reduction? boy)
    Exasperating Blast: I honestly love this one! I think it's a great idea, though it could easily destroy everything with a full mana bar (Normal damage * 20? now that's a lot of damage)
    Dummy Distraction: Would probably look like Ninja's clone. Speaking of which, we encouter a problem with this suggestion!

Would classes get spell reskins? I suppose they would!
    I might remake this with more depth or something. It would add so much more customization, replayability, and make the server better overall. Now it'd be pretty hard to balance and implement properly in the game.

Add a poll?

hmtn, Marco and tecnojet like this.
  3. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This needs balancing but otherwise it's something I would really enjoy being in game.

tecnojet likes this.
  4. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So you know what? You know that archer kit? Yeah, fuck it. No new spells for him.

Seems pretty cool, but this would be mega-hard for content team to balance ~40 new spells to be balanced when working with the other spells

There would be 56 spells

Each spell would have to be able to work with 13 of the others, while not totally being broken to any of the 42 remaining

5. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is a really cool idea! It could go with some minor balancing, such as lowering the amount of special spells per class (maybe one per 20 levels, 5 in total) and changing the actual spells.

But the idea of choosing which spells to have available would add a lot more depth to builds and combat! You’d be able to choose which spells fit your build best, which is a really cool concept.

Overall, great idea!

tecnojet likes this.
  6. tecnojet

tecnojet Lazy sheet VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I added a spell for archer!

7. ItsFreakinHarry

ItsFreakinHarry The Insane Suggestion Creator

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I love the idea, but after going through it in my head, I just have so many more crazy ideas that could go along with this that just wouldn't make sense to put in a reply. Instead, and if you are not ok with this then I won't do it, I would like to use this as inspiration for my own ideas. For example I have ideas regarding spell leveling, research, augments, etc. that just wouldn't make sense to place in a reply. Credit will be given where credit is due of course, but I would like to know if that is good with you?

Either way, amazing idea that would really add to the replayability of the server, as well as extra things for people to do to customize their loadouts.

tecnojet likes this.
  8. A Human

Minecraft:
    Just some minor spelling errors:
    Not too important, correct spelling in bold.

tecnojet likes this.
  9. Sneezium

Sneezium (ツ) ===O)) VIP+

Minecraft:
    From full mana, you're basically one-shotting everything in a 20 block radius.

Maybe Radius = (Mana used)/2 rounded up
    And Damage = (Normal Damage)*(Radius-Distance of foe from player+1)

tecnojet likes this.
  10. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Was planning on suggesting something similar to this but more of a skill-tree vibe, and much much more fleshed out. Either way, nice suggestion.

tecnojet likes this.
  11. ____________birb

____________birb borpus Staff Member Moderator VIP+

Minecraft:
    fly in duels by shooting magic arrow directly up

tecnojet likes this.
  12. aws404

aws404 Wynn CMD VIP+

Minecraft:
    I think a link with skill point would be appropriate. Like 45 Intel unlocks this spell and 60 strength that spell, ect

tecnojet likes this.
  13. A Human

Minecraft:
    The Sypian Arrow seems a bit too OP, since you can just go to a really high point and fire, and then they’ll keep going almost indefinitely. Maybe give it a time after which the arrow disappears, or a maximum distance?

tecnojet likes this.
  14. tecnojet

tecnojet Lazy sheet VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I added another few spells, although they all do need balancing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.