Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

Gameplay+

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by xKindredKinesis, Sep 9, 2015.

?

Would you want to play with these mechanics?

1. Yeah!

79.0%
  2. Maybe...

12.3%
  3. No. (Please tell me why)

8.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    Wynncraft's gameplay is simple and easy to learn. As time goes by, players will unlock all sorts of new spells, find better gear, and some will even earn a reputation in the Nether. But what about players with a different style of gameplay? What if a pre-Spell Update player prefers the old Teleport over the new one, or a newbie Archer doesn't like how Escape brings you backwards? With this issue in mind, I bring this suggestion to the table; spell variants.

Spell variants would be unlocked by reaching level 41 on a class. An icon in your /use menu would represent this. Here, you could change what kind of spell you'd like to use, based on your own preference. A tier I variant would be available at first, but the second variant has to be unlocked by maxing out the upgrades for that certain spell.

Tier 0 - Heal
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Lifeguard
    Casts an AoE spell that grants Resistance II and prevents players while within the circle effect from going below 1 HP. Does not heal.

Tier II - Sacrifice
    Sustain damage to gain increased Mana Regen and Strength II for 10 seconds. Does not cost mana, but instead deals significant damage to the user.

Tier III - Mindspin
    Enemies of lower level become confused, pursuing other enemies and attacking them instead of the player, indicated by purple swirls that radiate from confused enemies. Confused enemies can be killed by the user or other enemies. Lasts for 10 seconds before they return to normal.
    Tier 0 - Teleport
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Waterfall
    Slowly floats the player forward, gradually gaining speed and dealing little damage in its wake. Use multiple times in conjunction to sustain momentum. Can be directed to change direction on the go by facing a different direction. Sacrifices damage for faster traveling.

Tier II - Imprison
    Does nothing on first activation, but upon three consecutive activations, the locations marked will create a barrier within that area, preventing enemies from escaping for ten seconds. Resets every three. Sacrifices mobility for a tactical advantage over enemies.

Tier III - Mark of Recall
    Summons a magic circle where the user stands. Upon casting the spell once a magic circle has been spawned, the user can instantly warp back to the designated location once before it fades away. Sacrifices initial mobility for long distance travel/an escape option.
    Tier 0 - Meteor
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Dragon Rage
    Fires a widespread barrage of ten Fire Charges in any direction, covering a large range. Sacrifices damage and effectivity for range.

Tier II - Firebolt
    Fires an infernal blast that combusts on contact, causing an instantaneous explosion. Reminiscent of the pre-Spell Update Meteor. Sacrifices damage and range for faster casting.

Tier III - Solar Flare
    Shows an animation of yellow-firework particles descending upon the ground, before zapping an enemy with lightning, dealing much more damage if the targeted enemy is surrounded by other enemies within three blocks. Sacrifices effectivity for damage and range.
    Tier 0 - Ice Snake
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Ice Shield
    Creates a barrier of ice around the player that negates five hits before shattering, knocking enemies back upon activation.

Tier II - Arctic Wind
    Fires a slow-moving cold wind blast, pushing enemies back a short distance before freezing them and dealing damage.

Tier III - Chrono Storm
    Summons a magic circle on the ground that immediately freezes enemies within the circle for a long duration, until an enemy is damaged or breaks free. Does no damage by itself.
    Tier 0 - Bash
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Great Divide
    Creates a stream of sustained explosions that unleashes shrapnel in its wake

Tier II - Seismic Slam
    Creates an AoE attack that deals rapid damage over time and prevents jumping for a short duration. Can be used while midair to come careening down, but deals less damage when done so.

Tier III -
    Charge - Normal Variant
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Charge - Tempest Variant
    Rushes forward with high vertical distance, finishing with a second hop that blows enemies away. Does not deal any damage.

Tier II - Charge - Vorpal Variant
    Rushes forward in a straight direction without increase in elevation, rapidly tearing through enemies. Deals damage at startup, and is faster than normal.
    Tier 0 - Uppercut
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Dragon's Fist
    Deals a vertical strike that knocks enemies back, as well as sending the user into the air to gain slight vertical distance.

Tier II - Tornado
    Creates a damaging cyclone within a two-block radius around the user for five seconds, dealing rapid damage before knocking enemies back with a single explosion.

Tier III - Slip Counter
    If activated a second before taking damage, it will negate all damage and deal a powerful attack within two blocks of the front of the user.
    War Scream - Normal Variant
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Gods' Blessing
    Grants an Absorption II and removes all negative status ailments, as well as extended times on current positive buffs.

Tier II - Aggression
    Deals more damage and lures enemies towards the user, causing them to lose all aggression towards other players.

Tier III - Suppression
    Forces nearby enemies to stop attacking and run for a short duration. Against other players, it instead acts as a five second counter, inflicting Slowness II on the player who attacked first.
    Arrow Storm - Normal Variant
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Arrow Storm - Barrage Variant
    Fires a lower amount of arrows, but each round contains five streams of arrows.

Tier II - Arrow Storm - Cyclone Variant
    Fires a lower amount of arrows, within three streams of arrows directly in front of the user, trapping enemies bombarded by arrows, either on the ground or in the air. The last arrows deal knockback.
    Escape (Normal)
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Escape - Lunge Variant
    Jumps forward, but without a floating effect.

Tier II - Escape - Double Variant - Pre-Spell Update Escape w/ Changes
    Jumps with rather less vertical distance, but jumps can be chained together as long as there is still enough hunger for the spell.
    Bomb Arrow - Normal Variant
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Bomb Arrow - Mortar Variant
    Fires a slow-moving bomb arrow that fires at an arc, but deals higher damage and longer cripple time.

Tier II - Bomb Arrow - Rending Variant
    Fires a fast-travelling arrow that pierces through enemies instead of blowing them up, slowing enemies down instead of crippling them.
    Arrow Shield - Normal Variant
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Arrow Shield - Pulse Variant
    Deploys a shield of arrows that sends all waves of arrows up quickly, but the arrows progressively reach out further.
    First Wave - Two Blocks Out
    Second Wave - Three Blocks Out
    Third Wave - Four Blocks Out
    Fourth Wave - Five Blocks Out

Tier II - Arrow Shield - Stone Variant - Pre-Spell Update Stone Shield w/ Changes
    Deploys a shield made of stone that does not deal contact damage; however, using it just as the user is about take a hit will deflect and counter the damage onto the enemy, dealing 75% of the user's own damage.
    Spin Attack - Normal Variant
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Spin Attack - Crescent Variant
    Creates a short-range forward-moving slash instead of an AoE attack, which pierces through enemies.

Tier II - Spin Attack - Vortex Variant
    Absorbs enemies into the first attack, before blowing them away with a second hit. If the first hit is somehow interrupted, it will leave the user vulnerable to attack.
    Vanish - Normal Variant
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Vanish - Shadow Variant
    Conceals the user, infecting nearby users with temporary Blindness and minimal damage. However, the spell duration is cut in half, and being vanished emanates more smoke.

Tier II - Vanish - Illusion Variant
    Does not conceal, but getting struck will immediately send the user ahead three blocks, allowing for a quick escape.
    Multihits - Normal Variant
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Multihits - Outrage Variant
    Launches a flurry of less-damaging punches, regardless of whether an enemy is caught in the attack or not. The punches deal no knockback, but the last hit is a power punch. Can be directed to punch in different directions.

Tier II - Multihits - Incision Variant
    Launches a single strike that inflicts bleed, which rapidly damages enemies over time. Though it does not instantly kill enemies, it will bleed them for a very long period of time, capable of dealing more damage than a regular Multihits usage.
    Smoke Bomb - Normal Variant
    Same as usual.

Tier I - Smoke Bomb - Trick Variant
    The bomb is planted on the ground, then explodes after five seconds, or upon contact. Deals extra damage.

Tier II - Smoke Bomb - Blinding Variant
    The bomb’s smoke does not deal damage, but gives blindness and slowness to enemies, while granting the user a quick speed bonus.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Another idea for the gameplay is charged attacks. Normally, people don't use the standard attacks that often. I mean, why would you shoot fairy dust at zombies, when you can just obliterate the entire forest with a single meteor strike? To hopefully make attack combos a core part of strategy, I have devised this idea.​

Charged attacks work as such; you hold the left click button (right-click on archer) down as a bar charges on the item's name, like this:

Detlas' Legacy [| | | | |]
    Detlas' Legacy [|<O>|]

Charged attacks at maximum deal 175% damage, but take up more attack cooldown time (the delay between standard attacks). Items would have a stat called Charge Speed, and depending on the weapon, some would have faster charging speeds than others.

These are the effects that charged attack can have, as well as some bonuses for elemental properties:

Wand - Summons a small blast that deals damage and slows nearby enemies.
    Spear - Creates a vicious slash that cancels the enemy's current spell and deals knockback.
    Bow - Fires a charged arrow that travels much faster and can pierce through one enemy.
    Dagger - Unleashes three strikes, the last hit dealing knockback to the enemy.

Charged attacks that are performed on weapons with elemental effects gain an after effect.
    + Growth - Earth, leaves a short-lived green ring (five seconds) that drains health from enemies standing in it.
    + Cinder - Fire, leaves short-lived flames (five seconds) on the ground that rapidly burns enemies standing on them.
    + Torrent - Water, leaves a short-lived puddle (five seconds) on the ground that drains mana from enemies standing in it.
    + Breeze - Air, leaves a short-lived cloud (five seconds) on the ground that boosts speed for those who walk on it.
    + Shock - Thunder, leaves short-lived sparks (five seconds) on the ground that slows down enemies who walk on them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And now onto the next idea; skill bonuses. Skill bonuses essentially make skill build planning a lot more interesting than just going 70-70-8 or 70-50-28. At certain point intervals, passive bonuses are awarded to the player, making them much more suited towards different play styles.

Proximity - 15 STR
    Attack power increases (+5%, +10%, +20%) when closer to an enemy (5 blocks, 3 blocks, 2 blocks).

Diehard - 30 STR
    At varying health levels (50%, 25% 10%), damage bonuses vary (+20%, +40%, +60%).

Sword Aegis - 45 STR
    Every five points invested in the strength stat gains an extra point for the defense stat.

Finale - 60 STR
    A damaging hit inflicted upon an enemy has a 10% chance to repeat with a second hit that deals 50% damage.

Bloodlust - 70 STR
    Gain +10% in damage and attack speed for every enemy killed, and stacks up to five kills. Killing an enemy will either increase damage/attack speed or renew the damage streak.
    Flash - 15 DEX
    A critical hit inflicted upon an enemy will stun/blind.

Combo - 30 DEX
    Half of the current strength stat multiplier will apply to critical hits.

Perfect Hit - 45 DEX
    Chance of landing a critical hit is multiplied by x1.25 when using vanilla criticals.

Spark - 60 DEX
    A sudden burst of sparks will indicate a critical hit, dealing 50% splash damage to enemies within the blast radius.

Ascended - 70 DEX
    Critical hits have a 25% chance to deal x3 damage instead of x2 damage.
    Wisdom - 15 INT
    Hunger regenerates 25% faster.

Potency - 30 INT
    Identifications besides Health Regen, Life Steal, Mana Regen, and Mana Steal gain a 5% increase

Mana Drain - 45 INT
    Killing five monsters within five seconds will reward five hunger/2.5 whole points back.

Focus - 60 INT
    Spells deal 25% more damage when inflicted upon a single enemy.

Efficiency - 70 INT
    Spell spamming penalty is lessened, as it takes twice as much casting to increase the hunger cost.
    Armored - 15 DEF
    Every 10 points in your current armor set gains an extra point in the defense stat.

Fervent - 30 DEF
    Good potion effects are amplified to the next tier.

Durability - 45 DEF
    Every 10 points in the defense stat gains an extra point in the agility stat.

Carapace - 60 DEF
    Damage taken after five seconds of neutral activity - no attacking or spell casting - will be reduced to 50%.

Reflex - 70 DEF
    Enemy damage has a 15% chance to be reflected upon the offending enemy by 75% of your damage.
    Illusion - 15 AGI
    Enemies whose hits are dodged have a 25% chance of slipping and damaging themselves by 50%.

Surge - 30 AGI
    Upon dodging an attack, you gain strength I for 3 seconds.

Wind Aegis - 45 AGI
    Every 10 agility is 1 defense point.

Flight - 60 AGI
    Upon dodging an attack, you gain Jump Boost I & Speed II for 2 seconds.

Evasion - 70 AGI
    Chance of dodge is increased by +5% when sprinting or jumping

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Here are some smaller ideas:
    1) Spell Cancellation
    Ever had a spell input command go wrong and find yourself unable to redo it on time? Here's an idea. When casting a spell, if absolutely necessary, press the Shift key to cancel the current spell. It's a simple idea, but it saves a lot of grief.

2) Party XP
    At the moment, parties are rather weak, and there is usually no need to have one, unless to interact within a group. Perhaps by allocating 50% of the XP to be shared and 100% to be kept, it would encourage players to party up much more often.

More ideas will be added when I come up with them. Please leave feedback!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  2. Antra

Antra Malding since 2014 HERO

Minecraft:
    I didnt care about the outhers, i only care about the mage 1/-10

3. Rice

Rice :) VIP+

Minecraft:
    Nice suggestion m8

4. Lesliep

Lesliep Lazy Wynn Mage

Minecraft:
    By the way I believe you can already use teleport midair, just not straight up.

For example jumping off a mountain and teleporting repeatedly forwards should work

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  5. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    It doesn't work the same as it used to, before the Spell Update. You could basically float on air without end.

6. Lesliep

Lesliep Lazy Wynn Mage

Minecraft:
    Ah, ok

7. Enderman1234

Enderman1234 Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Dexterity will actually become decent with strength. you can make a sick ass glass cannon build for archer that spams arrow barrage or w/e stunning everything.... oh i can only dream

8. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    Well, there were still limits.

9. NickMC96

NickMC96 \o/ VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ehmigerd, I luf it ^o^

10. Cosomos

Cosomos Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I have max agility and you dodge like crazy so 5 seconds is too much if you want it to be a counter to being attacked.
    I believe it should be 1 second, so it becomes a more countering vibe and not a constant buff.

And I love your ideas great work.

xKindredKinesis likes this.
  11. GoldenDuck

GoldenDuck Quack, quack, quack VIP+

Minecraft:
    I think that the skill points idea would be a great addition with Gavel because if you look at this image from the Gavel teaser video: Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 10.36.22 AM.png

With the skill point bonuses that you suggested, they could make people more willing to add the strength and defense required to use Diablo, even if they weren't planning on using either of those categories in the first place.

12. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    Updated for charged attacks!

13. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Great idea hax. Now brb gotta actually read the rest of it.

Cubie likes this.
  14. Alex1

Alex1 Alex HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Amazing, thanks for making variants for the pre spell update spells, I miss those days

15. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    Yeah, I miss those days too~

16. ThePastryMaster

ThePastryMaster Officially poor, will work for emeralds and bread

Great idea! :3 I especially like the charged attack idea... (mage's basic attack is too wimpy as of now...)

17. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the fancy words :3

18. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
    I'm glad you do, coming up with those destroyed my sanity.

NickMC96 and Yuno F Gasai like this.
  19. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    OMG THIS COULD WORK WHERE THE HELL IS SALTED WHEN WE NEED HIM!!!!?!!?!?

20. xKindredKinesis

Minecraft:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.