Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Full Spell Customization And Spells Suggestion Thread [53 Supporters]

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Academyfail, Feb 15, 2017.

?

this suggestion...

1. Probably will not be implemented

21.8%
  2. may come SoonTM

27.7%
  3. if implemented, will change the way Wynncreaft is played (like gavel did)

42.6%
  4. needs modification

9.9%
  5. should not even be added

15.8%
  6. probably won't be implemented (But it's still good)

49.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Academyfail

Academyfail That one vet that still doesn't have a level 100 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Why?
    Salted keeps talking about character customization with powders and skill points whatnot, I think we should take this a step further.

I understand that developing spells is very time consuming, but this is an idea that will change the way spells can be used, adjusted, and switched out.

Add more spells:
    After playing for several months pondering why there are only 4 spells per class, I realized that 4 spells is the physical limit of spells a player can assign to mouse combos AT A TIME.
    Therefore, instead of having a specific set of spells, all the classes can have an alternate spell for it. This can be changed in class settings, or in the compass menu. (this idea came to my head after looking at POE's skill tree)
    In the end, the player can only cast 4 spells, but they are not the generic spells that they unlock in the first 31 levels. This makes different builds more viable.

This way, some of the old spells could come back (of course reworked and debugged), and it makes way for an implementation of new spells. More variety, more fun.
    This also adds to the theme that classes don't have to be set in stone like they were pre-gavel (warriors tanky, assassins damaging etc.)
    (similar to the class selection screen making it POSSIBLE [not likely to happen, but possible] to add more classes)

This sort of class customization UI can also change the melee mode of the character so that class suggestions like THIS can be implemented as customizations to respective classes like mage (for my example)

LIMITATIONS (So people aren't OP AF)
    (see additional ideas "Spell Slots")

In conclusion, this is not asking for new spells yet. It is just a different UI so that instead of a set spell, even the mouse combos for the spells are custimizable. So instead of Warrier's bash being R-L-R, it could be switched with war scream to R-R-L. additional spells could be attached to one combo at once to (See Limitations).

Spell Slots:
    the amount of spells equipped (passive or active) at once could be unlocked with levels and awarded as an Item of a (very High level) Quest. for the first 30 levels, a spell slot is unlocked at levels 1, 11, 21, 31, 51, 71, and 91 and with a spell slot item (untradable, but obtainable through level 101 quest), up to 7 spells slots can be unlocked through leveling.
    Because of the last item, one can essentially have unlimited spell slots, but being from a level 101 quest, it wouldn't be feasible to go through an entire class just for a spell slot (or is there).
    A spell slot can be attached to a maximum of 2 combos at one (for active spells).

Passive Spells?
    I recently came up with this idea, a spell that is always active (a watered down version of another spell). A passive spell will take up 1 spell slot. An example of this would be Passive stealth (for assassin of course) which gives the assassin a translucent effect only allowing mobs from within 5-7 blocks (depending on grade) to see them

What limitations do you think should be included in the spell swapping?
    I think that is completely up to the Dev. Team. They could do it like POE (path of exile) where you could potentially unlock any spell from all classes with limitations. Or there could be common spells shared by some or all classes, and spells unique to a specific class.

Responses/other ideas
    These are good questions to consider. Quests will hint towards it at level 30, then at level 41, it is explained in a quest (that's when I decided to have the 5th spell slot) where the system is explained. I think these secondary spells should begin getting unlocked at level 46, by then a player is usually used to wynncraft.

For what these new spells will be, just look at any class suggestion thread that has ever been posted... and I've made some examples of passive spells.

As for the help page, they won't exist at the help page, but at the wiki. The help page is for people just starting out and these functions would reserve to at least mediocre players. Besides, having such a big spoiler at the beginning stages of wynn make it not so fun (for people that are not like me and like surprises)

Update: The Thread has been boring so I am adding a spell suggestion section. If you have any spell suggestions, Post them, and I will add them into the spoiler's section below.
    If you want me to put in the spell please do so in the following format:
    Spell name: (Be creative)
    Associated Classes: (which classes can use it [could be all])
    Effects: What does it do. (active/passive)
    Upgrades: (How does the spell upgrade over time?)

Whether or not it is feasible does not matter, as long as it obviously isn't a joke, I'll add it. Even if it's a joke, but it's good, I'll add it too
    Speed
    Classes: Archer, Assassin
    Effects: gives permanent speed and later jump-boost to the user. No activation necessary
    Upgrades: States at Speed II
    Grade II: Speed III
    Grade III: Speed IV and Jump-boost I
    (Your Post can be more elaborate than this, please make it so, in fact since this is the bare minimum for a passive spell)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    AnĂ¡rion, T-Flex, RogP and 13 others like this.
  2. Kraetys

Kraetys Hater of Catipalism - Certified Nyanarchist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This actually sounds like an interesting idea.
    Instead of sticking with the first four you can choose through a GUI and spell trees which spells you want.
    This would add variety and more interesting builds to Wynn.
    Though it would take an enormous amount of coding, it doesn't have to be done right now, it can be a long term project and be released with Fruma in 2173.

Perhaps make spells unlockable through a new type of point, (like skill points) that you only get 4 of, and have to choose different spells based on that.

Edit: I will not make skill trees, I can barely handle life as it is.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Jbip, Thunder369y and CoolVictor2002 like this.
  3. Academyfail

Minecraft:
    thanks, I was thinking of making unlocking spells based on skill points or even as rewards for quests or something, accessible from thus GUI.

4. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    probably make the spells focused ona specific role, like mage = utility, warrior = savagery n stuff, archer = far range damage, assassin = damage carry

5. Daridon248

Daridon248 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Is a interesting idea, is not a lot of spells you can carry at a time, making it confusing, and allows you to have more variety of spells and new mechanics with tactics.
    +1 Supporter

6. Academyfail

Minecraft:
    I was personally thinking about making it so that a specific class doesn't have this limitation. This way, no new classes have to be made, and still be tons of player options to explore. And skill reset scolls may be reusable into something for this system, not skill point resents

7. Academyfail

Minecraft:
    due to the mouse combo system, a character can ONLY have 4 spells, on call, at a time. So these 4 spells can be (moved around at first) and then replaced with different spells. This way, necromancer, or shaman can be implemented without even making a new class and set of weapons.

8. Greeni

Greeni Heck VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really like this idea, and some other people recommending obtaining some spells with quests, and skill points and lvling up and other stuff, but maybe make certain ones able to be bought.

What I mean is that there is a skill tree, and you can change in between that skill's spell (air with speed and maybe be able to mix an air spell with the original for that), but if you want to reset that skill, you would have to reset it like the scroll reset, but instead of skillpoint reset, make it be spellpoint resets (adding certain spellpoint to the tree)

Summary, basically add another skillpoint called spellpoints and making it resetable like the skillpoints. Also, make it once that you put it in the spell, you can't take it out, like skillpoints.

9. Academyfail

Minecraft:
    Except resetting the spell points actually costs free at first for completing a quest then costing about 16 LE.

10. Legacy_King

Legacy_King Coldest Demon Of the FrostDemon Guild.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I also think it is a good idea but because of there being a limit of 4 spells. If they were to add in more spells they should have a sperate spot inside of the Compass where you can change the spells that you want but keeping the max amount of spells 4.

Let's say that your an assassin and you have these spells:
    Smoke Bomb, Vanish, Spin Attack, Multi-Hit Attack.
    And you have 1 more spell you achieved (These are fake, I made them up for examples):
    Teleport
    You can Access a GUI by clicking a book called SPELL BOOK, It will have 4 spots Separated from the rest and you just have to press the spell that is separated from your main 4 and then click the spell in the main 4 to switch them.

11. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ima assign all my spells to tp

12. Academyfail

Minecraft:
    That's a great idea. I didn't think of assigning multiple spells into the same mouse combo. but it could work with the mana system that Wynncraft uses

13. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I meant having all four combos trigger tp

14. Academyfail

Minecraft:
    oh... that would be *so* useful...

15. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    wait when did they change the spells? ._.

Stag2001 likes this.
  16. Academyfail

Minecraft:
    stone sheild (archer), meteore (mage), Ice barrier (mage) Old Arrow storm (archer, though I'm sure no-one really wants this...). There may be some more, but I don't recall

17. Giames

Giames Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    The concept is good, but actually is not applicable.
    It'll upset wynn too much, the problem are not only the spell coding etc but the complete rebalancing of the game/armor/item/weapon system.

18. Academyfail

Minecraft:
    That's true, and i totally agree. Something of this magnitude has happened before though. I remember how gavel changed everything with the new ID system... and quests that actually made a tutorial. I have faith in these developers.
    The weapon and armor systems are open to this change. since the melee options can now have other modifiers

19. Daridon248

Daridon248 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I say that the mode you sayed is better than having a lot of spell at the same time like WoW, because the last will make the player confused of how them work and hard to understand

20. Academyfail

Minecraft:
    Yep. Maximum 4 spells at a time (maybe beyond level 66, you can start assigning multiple spells into combos)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.