Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Sneaking And Damage

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Linkle, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linkle

Linkle Skilled Adventurer

Quick suggestion:

While holding down sneak, the players detection range for hostile mobs will decrease by x amount. The sneaking mechanic would make it easier for solo or assassin-type builds to get around in closer quarters or to reach a destination safely.

A passive with this new mechanic could be given to the assassin class, their movement speed while sneaking would be increased from the default incredibly slow speed that minecraft offers, allowing them to sneak around more liberally as assassins.

Secondarily, I feel it would be appropriate to give the ability to do extra damage when hitting a target from behind, or possibly a GUARANTEED critical strike (lightning crit) When attacking a target from sneaking and behind, this damage could be a critical strike with a higher critical strike damage rating, possibly 2.5 damage increases.

That's about it.

2. Endertricity

Endertricity Assorted Mini Quiche VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I believe both ideas (decreasing detection range and backstabs) would be very difficult to code, as you would might have to edit every single mob, or work with specific hitboxes. Yet, I think the second one is more doable and would be a welcome addition to the game.

blankman likes this.
  3. Linkle

Coding in minecraft plugins is exceedingly easy, especially if it's just a matter of giving an invis method

4. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe different classes could have different 'Sneaking Skill'; so Assassin would be the best at sneaking, having the lowest detection range, while Warriors would be the worst (as they're large, clunky tanks), having the highest.

5. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    there are still limits to what can be done, especially by a one-man team

6. Linkle

A 1 man team coding in minecraft isn't overtly insane, many advanced plugins and mods are created by single persons in short amounts of time, a lot easier than people think it is, trust me, I know it is.
    I'd actually rather the detection range were tied to a stat like air, as I've always supported the idea that a player should be able to play however they would like, within reason. Armor is rarely tied to a class, so air-based armor would mean the user is lightweight usually, and I therefore feel that any class would be able to become masterful at it. Perhaps it could be considered to make sneaking cost mana over a fair amount of time but this time be longer for an assassin?

Nepeta Leijon likes this.
  7. Golfbawl

Golfbawl [] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Keep in mind that this is Wynncraft, and that Jumla has to code just about everything in-game. From elements to powders to damage to identifications to a whole ton of other things. Also, he has to fix the glitches within the game. While I support this idea, I think that Jumla has his hands a little busy at the moment.

8. Linkle

Not the point I was trying to make, what I mean is coding for minecraft is a lot easier and possible to get done quickly than many people think. Not speaking towards him or this server specifically.

9. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Get another player
    Stand on opposite sides of bob
    Get your fastest weapon
    Spam melee
    Done

10. FluffyWarspite

FluffyWarspite Class Suggestion Spammer

Guild:
    Well then maybe just make assassins itself harder to detect no matter what is a better idea

11. mArauder

mArauder Friendly Neighborhood Guy

Guild:
    sitting down minus' mob detection?

I got to try that in real life

(Like the idea, but meh....)

12. Linkle

The problem with that is the higher damage bonus is only on the first hit when in stealth. In the event that you've provided, the basic attack damage would be no more than the critical damage from the dexterity line, which is simply double damage. When maxed out, I believe this is at 70% chance, which is a chance higher than every other hit being double damage. Therefore, hitting from behind the target is simply that being every hit, I believe most of the weapons with high attack speeds are balanced around this. If there is a strategy of trying to get a player in a group to attack from behind whilst the others keep the aggro, I don't see how this fares any different from any other normal DPS role in an mmo.
    If you check the minecraft wiki, and the control setting of the game, this movement is labeled as 'sneaking'. From this you can draw it is not sitting down, but rather minecrafts form of simulating the player crouching down and sneaking about, bad as the animation may be, it's not sitting.
    Allow me to add that if it's really a problem for other builds to be able to just start slamming out crits from behind, it can easily be reasoned that the solution to that would be tethering the ability to do it at all from a certain tier of points in the dexterity line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.