1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

[serious] How To Not Want To Keep Almost Everything?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by ReltenPL, Feb 19, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReltenPL

ReltenPL Insignificant human dreaming to know what time is

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello,

I would like to get advice regarding an issue.
    As mentioned in the title, it is hard for me to throw away items which may be useful in the future, especially due to the update or is it worth chopping trees while travelling or collecting unimportant recources after killing mobs just because it takes seconds?

This whole thread may sound ridiculous but I would be glad to get suggestions how to deal with this problem because someone could relate to this.

I am not sure if this might be important but I have had a break about at least 8 months of playing on Wynncraft.
    At that time, I guess that I was pretty far (own shop, loot runs on Corkus, some bad Mythics) but I barely had the same issue.

Edit: I have started completely new which means that I have thrown away everything I owned.
    In addition to that, I deleted all of my characters meaning that my main character is lvl
    30 now.

Therefore, please give me any advice to change my mindset.

Kind regards

ReltenPL

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  2. ParkourTNT

ParkourTNT Wynncraft will have houses one day HERO

Minecraft:
    Here is a list of what to do:
    1. Don't take ingredients tier 0/1, only take tier 2/3
    2. Only keep powders tier 4/5/6
    3. Sell every item that has a bad/good ID to the blacksmith, if you have any goodly ID sell it on the market

Also, put screenshots of your bank pages.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    ReltenPL likes this.
  3. ReltenPL

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I apologize, I have forgot to mention that I have started completely new which means that I have thrown away everything I owned.
    Currently, my main character is lvl 30 because I have also deleted all of my characters.

4. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    Okay, but how will you play the game?
    I mean will you level up all your professions or just a normal playthrough?
    And how much bank pages do you have?

If you'll level up all your professions then you'll need a lot of space:
    1. Take ingredients 2/3 and only take ingredients tier 0/1 for leveling, don't put them in the bank (you can put some of them if you want to use them later).
    2. Don't take any unique/rare items just only legend, if you can use it now use it if you can't then sell it.
    3. Don't put a lot of materials on the bank, just put tier 2/3 on the bank and sell/throw/use the others (you can sell tier 2/3 later if you don't have any use for them).
    4. Only take powders tier 4/5/6

If you'll play a normal playthrough than:
    1. Don't take any ingredients that are below tier 2/3 and sell them
    2. Take only powders tier 4/5/6
    3. Sell all unique/rare items to the blacksmith except for those that have a godly ID sell them on the market
    4. for legend if you find good or goodly ones sell them on the market other than that just sell it to the blacksmith.

Note: Of course, you don't need to do all of them just the ones you want.

ReltenPL likes this.
  5. ReltenPL

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you for your detailed advice.

Does this mean that you do not suggest to play a normal playthrough with leveling professions?
    Are your instructions general without noting details or am I able to focus myself on them basically?

6. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would recommend against leveling professions until you've finished leveling gathering, mainly because it's a little more efficient. That said, if you want to level them simultaneously I would recommend setting aside specific times for gathering, and not gathering on the go.

ReltenPL likes this.
  7. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    Sorry didn't explain that part, what i mean that professions will take a lot of space and will slow your playthrough by a LOT but if you focus on only one or two professions it won't slow that your playthrough by much, the only problem you'll need to watch out for is the bank space (it might take 3-4 pages).

If I would recommend a profession I would say level up mining and fishing so you can make jeweling or mining and wood/wheat (depending on the class) so you can level up weaponsmithing/woodworking and armouring/tailoring.

Edit: Also Wynndata helps.

ReltenPL likes this.
  8. ll

ll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    t5 powders dont drop

ParkourTNT likes this.
  9. YoshisWorld

YoshisWorld Famous Adventurer Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    keep only t4 and t6 (dont craft t5)

10. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I'm leveling all professions at the same time and I don't have much bank space trouble, I only need two pages for professions. First of all, Im not gathering materials while doing quests or so, instead I do specific gathering seasons, where I gather as much materials as I expect to need to level all of my crafting professions another 10 levels (if they aren't enough, I just collect some more afterwards). Collecting these takes a bit of space, maybe up to a third page, but only temporary, as I use them directly afterwards. After I used as much as possible for crafting and got the 10 levels in every profession, I throw away every material that isn't enough for another recipe and move on to the next material tier, so they use basically no bank space. Including t3 materials, if you don't use it immediatly, you will have even less use for you refined birch wood at level 100, even if it is t3.
    Ingedients I hoard as much as possible, but only very few permanently, these that I believe could have an endgame use. Everything else gets used as soon as possible during the next crafting session. Makes one or two pages for ingredients.
    And tools: I have exactly four of them at a time, tools that I don't use anymore will be put on the marketplace. Collecting a full set of tools, like some people do, is unnecessary in my opinion. There is very little reason to level a profession a second time on another character and if you do so, you can just aquire some new tools.

General rule: Use every item as soon as possible or throw it away if you don't expect to use it until it gets "outdated". Only keep them if they have an endgame use, which should only be powders and some few ingredients in your case, at level 30. Everything else, like lower level equipment, dungeon keys/items, unnecessary materials, potions etc. I would throw away (or sell). You may keep them for another playthrough, but in my opinion its easy enough to get its own items with a new class, keeping items is not worth the space.

ReltenPL likes this.
  11. ll

ll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    but you need the dungeon keys to get 100 dungeon runs

12. ReltenPL

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What do you mean with "to get 100 dungeon runs"? I have had 3 characters which I have leveled up just by grinding mobs and doing CSST. Maybe you mean this but I have deleted them?

13. ParkourTNT

Minecraft:
    I meant keep only tier 4/5/6 on the bank, didn't mean only take tier 3/4/5.
    I write it wrong I will edit it, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.