1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

[rp] The Light Of Lyria [closed]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Eirika & Ephraim, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malkavian

Malkavian Formerly known as SansWolf ^^ VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First of all. This looks to be a cool and good RP ^^
    That map is incredibly well made. Di you make it yourself?
    When I started reading the thread I was like: "I feel like I've seen this before. Haven't I?"
    Turns out I had. :P
    Noticed that too :/
    Everyone Is John was my try to counteract that though it doesn't fill out the role yours does.
    That is too much like me. XP
    Oh come on.
    I might've chosen Kitsune if you hadn't changed :/

2. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    I think he used a map-making software called Inkarnate.

3. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    oops.

4. Malkavian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's okay dude ^^

5. NotAFish

NotAFish An evolved jungle slime Discord Moderator HERO

Minecraft:
    Application:
    ((I understand that, with the limited information you have, it may be a struggle to construct a character that fits with Lyria's society in looks and name. Consult me in PMs for help. I could write paragraphs on a race's appearance.))

Your mind still feels so incomplete, yawning holes boring into your skull. Who are you? What is this place?
    "The answers you seek may come in time, if you survive long enough. But for now, simply answer: What is your name? Think carefully. I will not hesitate to call you something dumb for the rest of your short life."

Elzen

As you speak your name, your head's desire for answers is quenched. The mist presses around you, and suddenly you have it. A personality. True feelings. What these are, however, are up to you.

"Yes, that's better, is it not? Now, give me your race. The knowledge of which I have planted should tell you what you desire."

Wood elf

Your body seems to shift at that. What was once a dark blob is now an outline of you. But it's incomplete.
    "Your appearance?"

Appearance here. 278, 2.5m, tall but generally slender, black hair and pale skin

The shadows again shift, forming every minute detail. Then, they still and solidify. You are, at last.
    "Now, your chosen ability. What will it be?"

Just PMed you about that

Power suddenly courses through you. The rapid thump heartbeat can be heard in the void as adrenaline surges high. But then it's gone, and you feel mortal again. Something to regain, perhaps.
    "Perfect. Now, anything else you would like to add?"
    I'd like to start in Edana
    Your ego has been fed enough XD
    Jk you're the best

6. Malkavian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But the others of us would like to know too ;-;

7. Malkavian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh. Didn't know that existed. looks cool.

Also how is it that the voice is dropping us into the world. People seem to know us though we don't know anyone.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  8. Linwood Welheart

Linwood Welheart RPGing Teenager.

Don't question it. Just deal with it.

9. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ((wait, I can do that? I wrote up a 3 page wall of text backstory on docs JUST to explain the amnesia!))

Linwood Welheart likes this.
  10. Linwood Welheart

Linwood Welheart RPGing Teenager.

I don't know, just ask @Erika & Ephraim

11. Malkavian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd just like to know how it works. Like does it put us into the body of a person that already exists and fits our description or does it alter the world so that we've always been there?
    What the hell? Why'd you think you had to do that?

Tisaun likes this.
  12. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It was a choice between just having gotten a head injury last night or going completely crazy with the backstory, giving my character a major handicap and making playing in general that much harder for the fun of it.

Sort of like the whole array/array of queuestacks thing
    i'm just going to assume you'll get the reference

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  13. Rawb

Rawb Disciple of Bak'al

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When in doubt, go for the simplest solution.

M A G I C

Also the voice probably manipulates memories and stuff

Linwood Welheart likes this.
  14. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Yer shippin' out soon, lads. The guys 'er in charge'll give ye a bit to say goodbye to yer families an' whatnot, but ye all need to be in front o' tha ((whatever direction the capital is)) gates by noon."
    About half the group, standing tense, visibly ease.
    "Well then, thar's yer orders fer today. DISMISSED!"

People are looking around, shuffling in their lines. Was that really the entire speech?
    Well, this is the military, things ought to be short and cordial.
    I ponder on the info. Where is this capital? From the captain's remarks, it sounds like a haven for rich jerks. Maybe -

----------------------------------
    One useless monologue later
    ----------------------------------
    - and that means that the conspiracy that's probably going on was already solved! Aha!
    Wait. Is everyone already gone?

"uuh... oops?" I say out loud. I must have been standing here for at least an hour. The courtyard is empty, and I'm pretty sure that was tumbleweed.
    How did nobody snap me out of it? DO I really have no friends? Did they all really lea-
    Ok they did.
    I have bigger problems right now. Namely, where are the gates? I have to move quickly - wait, how much time do I have to lose? I woke up around an hour ago, military's gonna have you up early... and it looks like I have several hours.

Phew. It looks like it's impossible to be late. I don't remember any family that I probably have here, and gates are probably in walls. I take another look up at the them. In the midmorning sun, I would expect them to look rather picturesque, but the wall itself is gray and battered, like it has been through several attacks with nowhere near enough people to restore it ((Tar Valon this is not)). Well, it's not like I can control time or anything, so I better leave. As I walk back into the barracks, looking for a front door, I realize I have absolutely no idea how orderly or chaotic this city is. Better take the spear, just in case.

As I walk out into the streets, I find a strange mix. There are soldiers patrolling the streets in an orderly fashion, streets that look like they're at the brink of lawlessness. Fabrics hang in abandoned stalls, torn and tattered. The paths look like they were paved centuries ago, slowly degrading into a mass of irregular stone plates, grimy with use. The buildings tower on either side of the small road I'm in, creating almost a claustrophobic feeling. Shady figures lurk in the shadows, waiting for the watchful eyes of the guards to slip away from their chosen victims.

I can just barely see part of the wall, looming to my right. Judging by the sun, it looks like that's the direction of the ((I didn't do the worldbuilding ok i'll replace this when i know the direction)) gate.
    Well, I have plenty of time, it's basically a straight line, and I'm armed. What could go wrong? Well the fact that I'm thinking that in it of itself is probably a bad idea, but whatever.

15. NotAFish

NotAFish An evolved jungle slime Discord Moderator HERO

Minecraft:
    I couldn't decide on one yet

16. Eirika & Ephraim

Eirika & Ephraim Gone Fishing

Everyone around you is being manipulated to believe you exist even though you in fact never were beforehand.

Also sorry guys, in three Pre-AP classes and I need to get their work done before anything else.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Tisaun likes this.
  17. Cybersoap707

Cybersoap707 That one guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Your mind still feels so incomplete, yawning holes boring into your skull. Who are you? What is this place?
    "The answers you seek may come in time, if you survive long enough. But for now, simply answer: What is your name? Think carefully. I will not hesitate to call you something dumb for the rest of your short life."

Viribus
    As you speak your name, your head's desire for answers is quenched. The mist presses around you, and suddenly you have it. A personality. True feelings. What these are, however, are up to you.

"Yes, that's better, is it not? Now, give me your race. The knowledge of which I have planted should tell you what you desire."

Draconian

Your body seems to shift at that. What was once a dark blob is now an outline of you. But it's incomplete.
    "Your appearance?"

Human
    Appears 18
    Around 6 ft. tall
    Black hair
    Muscular

Draconian

62(Young)
    Around 11 ft.
    Has Dark Grey Scales, wings are in development, and has eyes the color of blood.

Muscular
    The shadows again shift, forming every minute detail. Then, they still and solidify. You are, at last.
    "Now, your chosen ability. What will it be?"

Can make others see him as a human

Power suddenly courses through you. The rapid thump heartbeat can be heard in the void as adrenaline surges high. But then it's gone, and you feel mortal again. Something to regain, perhaps.
    "Perfect. Now, anything else you would like to add?"
    He is not good nor evil, he is simply himself.

18. Eirika & Ephraim

Well wheeeee. We're out of space.
    Ya know what, since I'm too nice for my sanity, I'll increase the cap to accommodate all of you. Please dear god don't make me type three paragraphs per person. That's over 45 paragraphs, which is like waaaay my limit. Actually atleast double all of my summer assignments, and doing that every day...

From this moment until further notice, we are closed.

((You're accepted. I'll be working on the next batch of responses soon, after I add all the new people. Sit tight))

((Accepted as well. PM me if you have any more questions on the race thing or want to change anything))

((Accepted as well))

((Accepted as well)

((Will be PMing you about grimlins since your ability makes no sense in it's current state. Your spot is reserved, and you can join whenever you fix it.))

((The PM shalt be replied to))

((If you could try not to skip forward with the time, that'd be nice. It's hard enough to keep everyone on the same you know... dimension as is. And boy would it be awkward if you were already at the capital by the time my evil plans to get you all to kill each other came into effect))

((Accepted))

Tisaun, Rawb and Linwood Welheart like this.
  19. JoshLegacy

JoshLegacy Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    It's the map.
    Something I've notices with forum RP's is, if you have a fancy map of a fantasy land, you'll attract tons of people.

20. Eirika & Ephraim

I should hope so. Just the final draft took me a full day to make. Not even counting at least six others I tried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.