1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Rp - Gavel's Darkest Hour- Act Two Begins [7/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by sdkgjnio, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    "I was born 23 years ago in Garah. My parents were manual labourers from the lower level. My clairvoyance was discovered when I was three years old. I started reading minds at five. You can imagine knowing everything the adults are thinking would affect my childhood. So, they started spreading word around. Amazing teenage psychic! Come and see her! Ten emeralds a go! This rich guy offered them three emerald blocks for me and they were never seen again. So I started telling people their fortunes for this guy. He started trying to make me tell people they were going to die if they didn't buy another session, all sorts of dubious tactics - and they believed me, because I could impress them by telling them their family's names, where they lived, all sorts of details. People started to think I could predict the future too. And then one man couldn't afford another session, ignored the warning about death. He turned up dead a week later, all his money stolen. I ran away, took on a fake identity - people in Grinefez know me as Derntok - , kept my powers hidden, worked in the mines and eventually bought that house. You're the first person to ever know who I really am."
    You don't get to choose your dreams, here or anywhere else.

You're back in Bantisu, running at breakneck pace through endless canyons, the scenery never changing. Several of the mountains seem to have Ozoth's face. You finally run into the Abbots' Catacombs, running through endless tombs, each with different writing repeated across all of the walls. They get steadily more sinister.
    "Remember me?"
    "I am Ozoth, the Mighty!"
    "Remember the deal."
    "You are not living up to my expectations."
    "You sold three of my prizes for your own comfort?"
    "DEATH"
    As you enter the final tomb, Ozoth herself glares at you from the coffin. Her fire fills the chamber, and all goes black.

The alley seems to stretch on forever below you as you plummet down it despite the wind prison around you. In Esmé's place is Dermit.
    "You had no talent.", he sneers. "We're all glad you're gone. Elimut himself once told me how he felt letting you in was a mistake. Ah well, all's well that end's well. I'm going to Cinfras, he's going to become the King and I will take his place at the academy. But you? Stealing keys? Sleeping under bridges? Letting yourself get bossed around by a hobbit? I thought Esmé was pathetic. I hadn't seen how hopeless you are outside of my care. You're going to be homeless and on the run your whole life. You're going to die alone under a bridge somewhere of some rat disease you pick up from your only companions. Well I say only. I daresay Esmé will pay you a visit from time to time. Why am I even wasting my time with you?"
    The cobbled street suddenly appears beneath the fog, covered in more keys than you can count. Dermit vanishes and you hit the cobbles with with the sickening sound of snapping bones.

2. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "oh...sounds like you had a pretty rough childhood huh...what made you tell me of all people all of that though?"

3. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    I take some of the grook I packed up.
    I eat before I sleep, and offer some to the mage if he requests it

4. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    She shrugs as well as she can in the space available.
    "Guess the opportunity never arose with anyone else. I can't mention it when Doguns have the slightest chance to hear me and realise who I am. And as it happens, you took me where no other Doguns are around to hear me."
    You suspect from the fact that she used her secret powers the moment she met you that there's more to it than that.
    "What, raw? No thanks. I ate before we left, in any case." He points at the ring again.

5. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    I eat it and go to sleep.

6. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I clench my fist in anger and jell out ''Shut up!''

7. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    It's a dream sequence, you can't interact with it. It's just something to keep things going until you wake up.

8. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    Then can i at least think like that?

9. WynnChairman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "well...you didn't seem to hesitate to show your powers when we first met..."

10. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    "Well, I, I, uh, look! The dwarves seem to have gone. We con continue to the prison now!" She prods you with a finger - she can't get out until you do.
    That's what you're screaming at your dream self to do. He does not obey.
    I thought I'd add a tagline that reflects the interesting things going on at the moment.

11. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    I continue screaming at myself "Do something you dumbass"

12. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    You'll just have to hope the overnight headmaster rescue mission stroke first date with a psychic, impromptu diplomatic meeting with giant ants and courier job for a politician end relatively quickly...
    Your appetite satisfied, you quickly drift to sleep, despite the constant gusts of wind and snores from the sleeping bag next to you.
    I'll think of a third dream sequence in due time...

13. WynnChairman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I raise an eyebrow at her
    "we can wait a while longer just to be safe. Now why don't you tell me in the meantime?"

14. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    "It's safe. I would know", she says before sighing. "Look, I don't really understand it. I just saw you and, uh, felt like it, I guess. I'm way better at reading your thoughts than my own. Come on, Madam Juntabi is in danger. We need to go."

15. WynnChairman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i continue to stare at her for a second
    "alright fine. lets go then"

16. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    She leads on, out of the hollow and into the city proper. It's arranged in the typical Dwarven fashion - the central space is dedicated to public buildings, which for dwarves includes shops, bars, banks and everything else that a wealthy Dogun would usually privately own while around the edge residential space is arranged like stadium stands. The prison is among the outer buildings in the central space - a squat square stone building with no windows and a small guard tower on either corner. She stops you behind a closed potions market stall adjacent to the prison. "Now, uh, the guards. Shit, how do we get past them?"

17. Tsukiji

Tsukiji Basking in nostalgia

"So... what now?"

18. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Trinkets will be worth nothing compared to a treasure you greatly desire."

19. Tisaun

Tisaun Lad HERO

Minecraft:
    "We sleep I think." I say, sitting down and taking in the forest air.

20. Tsukiji

Tsukiji Basking in nostalgia

"..."
    How far away is the treeline?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.