1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Roman Shield

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by MinerDwarf222, Oct 17, 2016.

Tags:
?

What do you think?

  1. 5/5 It looks amazing

    8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. 4/5 It looks great

    7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. 3/5 It looks okay

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2/5 It is bad

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1/5 It is horrible

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MinerDwarf222

    MinerDwarf222 I AM A DWARF. HERO

    Messages:
    1,686
    Likes Received:
    1,462
    Trophy Points:
    128
    Minecraft:
    So I have no idea which prefix to use, but I built this scutum(Roman shield). And yes its not the best but it took almost a whole day putting it together and painting + another day for drying it into that shape + 3hrs of soaking to allow it to bend like that.
    RomanShield.jpg
    Made from;
    Plywood, copper, red spray paint, yellow + white + black acrylic paint, forgot what the metal sheet in the middle was, and a bowl. all held together by rivets really. Also the back is covered in black fuzz with 2 leather arm straps. Also yes it is fun but heavy to yield.
     
  2. ElegantDeath

    ElegantDeath Who needs a title anyways HERO

    Messages:
    2,219
    Likes Received:
    2,853
    Trophy Points:
    184
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    looks like it's from Asterix and Obelix
     
    Procrast, coolname2034 and Xykeal like this.
  3. MinerDwarf222

    MinerDwarf222 I AM A DWARF. HERO

    Messages:
    1,686
    Likes Received:
    1,462
    Trophy Points:
    128
    Minecraft:
    Is that good?
    From what I've looked up I think that's good...
    So thank you.
     
    Xykeal likes this.
  4. Toasted Asian

    Toasted Asian Toasty VIP+

    Messages:
    1,994
    Likes Received:
    1,461
    Trophy Points:
    115
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What the fuck this looks exactly like what some guy made for a presentation back in 6th grade...

    Are you him
     
  5. MinerDwarf222

    MinerDwarf222 I AM A DWARF. HERO

    Messages:
    1,686
    Likes Received:
    1,462
    Trophy Points:
    128
    Minecraft:
    No. This is the only shield I have made. Plus I don't remember ever having to do a presentation over roman shields in 6th grade...
     
  6. Toasted Asian

    Toasted Asian Toasty VIP+

    Messages:
    1,994
    Likes Received:
    1,461
    Trophy Points:
    115
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Its just kinda odd that it looks exactly like it....
     
  7. coolname2034

    coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

    Messages:
    4,470
    Likes Received:
    9,217
    Trophy Points:
    215
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How dare you doubt asterix.
    Tho tbh the original French is better than English translations.
     
  8. Procrast

    Procrast Schmoovin' VIP+

    Messages:
    1,240
    Likes Received:
    2,332
    Trophy Points:
    151
    Minecraft:
    I grew up with the english translations plus I don't know french, so I don't really have any options here :/
    Still good tho, nevertheless. Someone should make an Asterix thread on the forums
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.