1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Rimworld Fans?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Plasmatic, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Plasmatic

Plasmatic Loading the HESH

Minecraft:
    Jesus I'm addicted to this game. Posting this because it got it's 1.0 release recently, and you guys should really check it out if you haven't already.

Rimworld is essentially a story-telling/base-building type of game, where you crash land on an alien planet and forced to build a colony mostly from scratch. Except it's a whole lot more fun than that. The sheer amount of content in the game is amazing, and that's without mods. Explore the world, raid bases, build your colony with a prison, hospital, freezer, games room etc. Build defences to fight of raids, survive meteor impacts, nuclear fallout and man-hunting Yorkshire terriers, sell to traders, train animals. Watch as your colonists get addicted to drugs, loose their limbs to giant insects, or go mentally berserk because they don't have a table to eat from.

And then we get onto the war crimes which I'm sure you'll all enjoy. How about you extract all the organs from that prisoner, butcher him up and then use his flesh for the new sofa in the dining room? Or lets trap all these raiders in an endless stone maze, then light a fire at one end and watch them all burn to death!

Believe me, this will keep you at your PC for a while. If you ever get bored, just download some ofthe hundreds of mods out there. And if you've heard of dwarf fortress and liked it, Rimworld is in a similar style. It's got 98% steam rating if that helps convince you.

A Human likes this.
  2. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    BOB STOP BURNING DOWN THE BASE ALREADY PLEASE JUST STOP

Yeah, it’s a pretty fun game. I love the concept of a massive world with tons of colonies in it, and the mechanics while being pretty complicated, are well designed and fun to use. But why do all the colonists HAVE to love playing with fire AND be alcoholics?!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018