Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Reputation Suggestion!

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by TheNecromancer, Sep 27, 2015.

?

Do you support this?

1. I support this.

21 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. I do not support this.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer dead

Minecraft:
    In some RPG's there is a value called reputation. The higher or lower your reputation is, the better good/evil rewards/quests you will get. I think this will be an epic addition to Wynncraft.

Value:
    75 to 100 Reputation = Heroic
    50 to 74 Reputation = Semi-Heroic

25 to 49 Reputation = Good
    -24 to 24 Reputation = Neutral
    -49 to -25 Reputation = Bad
    -74 to -50 Reputation = Semi-Evil
    -100 to -75 Reputation = Evil

Mechanics:
    Doing something helpful will let you gain reputation, and vice versa. However quests will now have a new tag that states the reputation value required. There will have to be new quests or endings to quests to become evil. When you begin Wynncraft, your reputation will start at 0. Reputation also passes down to all classes.

NOTE: Quests aren't the only thing that affects reputation. This is so that after completion of every quest, you don't stay evil or heroic. Here is a list of things that affect reputation:
    • Quests
    • Trading with certain people
    • Killing or hurting certain mobs (like villagers would lose reputation)
    • etc.

Example:
    As stated in mechanics, there will have to be new quests or endings. I took the Lord of the Clock quest as an reference. One ending to the quest will be to climb Mt. Wynn and destroy the clock, while the evil ending would be to return the clock to Suramun (I changed the name because apparently all the NPC's are mixed names). Destroying the clock will give you reputation, while giving it to Suramun will take away reputation.

Tell me if you like the idea!

EDIT: Some people were talking about farming villagers to take reputation. Now doing certain things will only get your reputation to a certain level. For example, killing villagers wouldn't reward you with a loss of 100 reputation, only a loss of about 30 at max grinding. Quests would lose more reputation, etc. Hopefully I phrased this right.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  2. Corcustos

Corcustos It's what it's. CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I want this. I want it now. I must conquer the world!!!
    [​IMG]

Bio, NickMC96 and roboblock93 like this.
  3. Zoingo

Zoingo The robotic Warrior VIP+

Minecraft:
    Don't get me wrong, I like the sound of this, and seems like it would be a fun mechanic, and would give extra reason to replay on another class but what's the point? What does this reputation system contribute to/affect? Does it only limit what types of quest you can do or does it affect more? Would all quest, including pre-existing, be effected (if so, isn't that asking a bit much of the devs to rewrite every quest for multiple endings?) or would only some (hopefully new) quest effect this moral system? (If so, I would love to see your interpretation of one of these quest in another suggestion!) and what about old players? If old quest are effected, than old players likely won't be able to redo them.

That aside, I like the sound of this! It would definitly add more RP possibilities, like a super evil Dark Wizard, or a Prince Charming of a Warrior.

-- likes this.
  4. HANCOCKone

HANCOCKone Travelled Adventurer

It seems like an awesome addition! I'd love to see reputation inside Wynncraft, many quests endings and reputation by which of them you choose, would add a lot of depth to the RPG side of wynn.

5. Ice Guy

Ice Guy I'm a little too icy for you VIP

Minecraft:
    what if you farmed peaceful mobs to become super evil?

6. littlelawyer

littlelawyer The Official lawyer of TNL VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well if killing villagers lowered ur rep. I would be at like -1000000 rep

NickMC96 and blankman like this.
  7. Blizzardgale

Blizzardgale Famous Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    The road to bad rep: player killing enabled :DDD lol jk

8. ThePastryMaster

ThePastryMaster Officially poor, will work for emeralds and bread

I feel like everyone in Wynn (including me) is just gonna go for evil rep and farm villagers with their lvl 75's XD... Forget the villagers from letting us into Gavel, they'll be going to war with us XD.

Bio and blankman like this.
  9. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    There is no point. It only makes the game harder.

10. Teh Sweg Lord

Teh Sweg Lord Travelled Adventurer

Hmmmm interesting idea, I would also like to see maybe some of your skill names changed depending on your rep if possible so for example Meteor, Good rep = Sphere of Light.
    Bad Rep= Dark Flame
    But I don't know if that is even possible ;/

11. Terezi Pyrope

Terezi Pyrope gallowsCalibrator I Former CT I dead

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait
    wait
    Ur saying
    I can't murder villagers in cold blood?
    How is this humane?

Bio likes this.
  12. Jamer_theGamer

Jamer_theGamer CraftedCitizen VIP+

Minecraft:
    It's a neat idea, I guess - but I feel like it'd be useless and complicate the code - plus, it'd also complicate the game. I like Wynncraft because it's not like other RPGs that involve "ogm i need dis exact amuont of def and xp bonus to equal attack combonation!!1!!1one!!".

At the start of the game, you simply just put on the helmet with the most defence, or wield the weapon with most attack. Yes, later in the game it gets slightly more complicated with identifications and such - but it's a slow transition that allows the player to figure it all out. You could even say it makes the player become smarter.

This reputation thing, as I said, would confuse players and it really isn't needed when they could use the space to add other things.
    If it were added, you could just trade with a friend a lot to amp up your reputation if you wanted too - and why would you want to be evil at all, if it makes the game worse? (And, if being evil doesn't make the game worse, it should - why would we make it that evil is good?)

Quest alternate endings are also a neat idea, but I'd feel like it'd be a bit buggy, and it might also baffle the player.
    Still, it's a neat idea. I can see you put some thought into it. I just don't think they'll take it up.

Bio likes this.
  13. TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer dead

Minecraft:
  14. OrientGamer

OrientGamer Veteran Writer - Artist - OG memer - Doge VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The reason why the villagers kept Gavel closed for so long wasn't to keep the corruption from corrupting everyone

It was to keep me from killing them all :)

ArchAngel_Diablo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.