1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Ranking The Wynncraft Towns/cities By Liveability Because Why Not

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Emogla3, May 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman VIP

Minecraft:
    k lets get going

F tier - Unliveable
    Rodoroc
    I think it's pretty clear why Rodoroc might be the worst place to live in the Wynncraft world. Lava can be as hot as 1200 degrees celsius (2192 farenheit). Even being near it, you would probably burn to ash or die to dehydration pretty quick.

Ahmsord
    I wasn't sure where to put this, to the very last place, perhaps? Maybe a bit higher? Overrall Ahmsord is a good place to live in, if it weren't for the fact that you can literally slip and fall for the rest of your life into the void, assuming you don't hit the Void islands and die because of that.

Skyraider base
    Ahmsord but everyone is a criminal.

Dogun Village
    Being almost as dangerous as Rodoroc for the reasons stated above, the Dogun Village isn't a great place to live either, unless you are a Dogun, of course.

Maex
    Maex is the least dangerous settlement in the Molten Heights, but that doesn't mean it is safe. If you step out, you'll be in the same situation as with Rodoroc, in the middle of lava. Sure, you have the Freezing heights nearby, but how cold does something need to be in order to freeze the Molten Heights? Think about that.

Kandon-beda
    Kandon-beda is basically the same situation as with Ahmsord, though I put it higher because half of it is actually in the mountain. Why don't you just get in that balloon and move to Corkus?

Lutho
    Now, Lutho is an interesting case. Technically, it might be the safest town because of the massive Light obelisk, but when you're in there, it's near impossible to step out. The only way back to Wynn is first going through the Eyeball forest, filled with some of the world's most dangerous creatures, then through the Ruined Olmic city, where the Omnispective Wanderer hunts you, and after that the Worm tunnel...

You get the point. If you're going to live in Lutho, you'll eventually just choose the happy imaginary world where all the other citizens went.

Lexdale
    What can I say? A destroyed town controlled by a cult with basically no food, and broken walls so werewolves get in. How are you meant to live here?

Void town
    Your only source of food is trash falling from Ahmsord, and at the same time the big crystal there is keeping you immortal. But is immortality really that good? It might be even worse than dying.
    D tier - Bad liveability
    Underwater Squid village
    In the end, it's not as bad as you may think. You have good squid soldier protection, only some things can get inside at all, and you have a large supply of fish from the Nesaak waters (of course in Underwater the problem was that there were no fish, but if you can obtain the Infinite pufferfish, the food is infinite).

Gelibord
    Kind of like Lexdale, I can't really say much. The decay, not much food, diseases, monsters attacking the city, and even the chance to fall in the water. Gelibord isn't a place you want to be in for long.

Thanos
    Thanos is the first city on this list that I'd call "liveable in". You have sturdy stone halls, not much lava at all (I'm looking at you Molten Heights) , and the only real problem is the dragon sitting ontop of the city. Assuming that Ozoth is asleep, you still wouldn't be in a particulary good health living underground in the darkness.

Olux
    Olux is basically just Gelibord but a tiny bit better. I can't say much without repeating myself again and again.

Lusuco
    The opposite to the Molten Heights, the Icy Descent. We don't know the exact temperatures there, but I'm assuming it's around -25 to -45 degrees celsius. You could live there, but it's not going to be fun, and your body would have to take a while to resist the cold, but once you get used to it, it should be a fine place to live in.

Dernel tribe village
    I'm guessing that this is the most forgotten town in all of Wynncraft, being deep in the Dernel jungle, and only being required for one quest. If you'd live here, you would have to learn the language of the tribe first, and there are little chances you'll ever reach civilization again, as there is a massive jungle with extremely dangerous and almost certainly poisonous creatures all around it.

Ice Islands
    Firstly, it's cold in there. Secondly, the nations are in a civil war! Assuming, that there is no war, the Ice Islands should be, well, fine. Not great, but fine.

Detlas
    I'm sure this has suprised many of you. Why would Detlas be a bad place to live in? Well, take a look at where it is built. Like Bak'al states in A Hunter's Calling, why is the central trading town of Wynn literally like 200 meters away from the Roots of Corruption? If it was built somewhere else, Detlas is still a very cramped city, and the houses are right next to each other. It's never stated in Wynncraft, but I can guess that cities built in such a small space must smell pretty bad.

Elkurn
    Detlas but small and probably doesn't smell bad. A negative point is though the fact that the hot air from the Roots combined with Nesaak's cold air makes the houses rot all the time.

Rymek
    Otherwise a pretty good place to live, but, well, it's a bandit town. You're going to get all your money pickpocketed away within the first day you move there.

Pirate Town
    Literally the same reason as Rymek, I'm only putting it higher because if I had to choose to trust either a
    street thug or a pirate, I would choose the pirate.
    C tier - Liveable
    Bucie
    A good, small basic fantasy world town. The minus factor is the position of the town, being vulnerable to Orc raids.

Thesead
    Continuing with the bandit theme, Thesead is not a town founded by thieves, but the road there is crawling with them. Luckily there is an airship station in the town. Thesead is the first settlement that is actually a pretty good choice for living on this list.

Ravine Village
    The same case as Thesead, a pretty safe town, but hard to get out of. I have nothing more to say on this.

Nemract
    Poor, not in good condition, undead armies gather nearby, just the basic not that good town.

Avos Tribe
    Iboju Tribe explanation below, combined with the possible war against humans. VVV

Iboju Tribe
    Well, it's the basic jungle tribe you would expect it to be. Life in the tribe may be harsh, but if you can resist it, you'll be safe and in good condition for sure. Unlike in the Dernel tribe, you can also get to civilization pretty quickly.

Bremminglar
    Iboju tribe, but in a better map position.

Zhight Island
    It's your basic tropical island, but the negative is that they have a different currency from the rest of the world (well, gold is also different, but at least it is used by many and probably is also used by other humans/villagers, as it is in the real world), which can lead to many different problems.
    B tier - Good liveability
    Christmas Island
    Ice Islands but well protected and in much better shape. Be prepared to eat milk and cookies for the rest of your life.

Nivla forest village

Basically the Eifilim explanation below, but the citizens don't have magic. VVV

Eifilim
    I thought about putting this higher, but the fact that there are no guarding mobs makes it a fairly unsafe place to live, though I'm sure the citizens will be able to defend with magic against most monsters.

Banitsu Monk temple
    Well... It's safe, and, well, yeah, that's mostly it. Living here with the monks seems like a pretty boring life, being in the Canyon for the rest of your life, helping the lost. But don't get me wrong, if you choose to live here, it's not a bad choice.

Maltic
    The basic fantasy world town. Not much defense, but they don't really need it a lot either.

Ternaves
    Maltic but with horses.

Eltom
    When we're talking about safe, we're talking about Eltom. There is almost no way any enemy will ever find this city, but if you live here as a human, it will be really hard to try to get out, because villagers are racist.

Almuj
    Almuj is a good place to settle down in. It's in a desert, but there's a lot of water. The fact that it is in the desert keeps the Corrupted away, but if you can't handle the heat, you shouldn't be here. There is also a higher chance for robbery, since I'm sure that Almuj is also a part of Creden Tibus' area of operation, as the bank is only accessible for trusted citizens.

Nesaak
    Almuj but cold instead of hot, and no bandits. Less defense.

Jofash docks
    It's well... a dock. I have really nothing bad to say about it, but it's not that special of a place to be in. It's good, I guess.

Selchar
    Remember the smell I talked about in Detlas? Well, the town's lore confirms that the heart of the sea smells bad af. Still, it is a considerably good choice for living until Santa destroys it 30 years later, as the island is free from both the Corruption and Decay.
    A tier - Great liveability
    Hobbit Village
    I won't go describing what a hobbit village is, because I'm sure that nearly everyone here knows. It's also in the Light Forest, making it safe. The negative would be that nothing interesting usually happens in hobbit life (but if you want a quiet life, it's even better). Also everything is a bit small.

Aldorei Valley

Very safe, and for sure the cleanest place in the Wynncraft world. You will stay healthy living in here. The big negative that is keeping the valley from S tier though, is the accessibility. The Elves trust very few, and once you're in there, the valley seems to also have some overpopulation issues.

Heliolux town
    This town would be in the S tier, if Orphion wasn't infected. It's literally in the Realm of Light, nothing can get there. Unlike some other safe places on this list like Eltom and Thanos, living there should be great, as, well, it's the Realm of Light, of course!

Ragni
    A good, safe fortress. Got nothing bad to say about it.

Troms
    Ragni, but even safer. Also has an escape passage, in case of a crisis.

Cinfras
    Troms, but with an airship service. Possibly even safer.

Llevigar
    A safe, clean, rich and well-developed city. I have nothing bad to say about this one either.

Relos
    As it is in Corkus, the town has advanced machinery, operating with water power. Life in here starts to resemble modern life in the real world.
    S tier - Best liveability
    Corkus City
    Relos, but really safe and even more advanced. Has air balloon and ship services. Possibly the best place in the Wynncraft world to live in.

Mage Island
    This island is surely one of the best places to live in the Wynncraft world. The only negative I can think now, is again the smell of the sea, but if you're fine with it, Mage Island might just be the perfect place to live in. It is rare that anything can pierce the defenses of Mage Island, because of, well, it's full of Mages! Living here should be advanced with all the magic things around, and in case of a bad crisis situation, you can just hop in the secret tunnels that can take you to almost any location in the ocean! Possibly the best place in the Wynncraft world to live in.
    If I missed a town, just inform me.

Extra:
    Someone asked for a rating of the Ruined Olmic city, and I decided to do it, but with a twist. How would life be in the Olmic city before they ran away and the Darkness came?

I would say that it must have been pretty great. These massive buildings indicate a well-developed society, combined with the Olm secret discoveries, we know that they were advanced. Much is not known about the nature of the place, but assuming that it is the same level as in Imaginary Lutho, everything was well. Also there are big mountains protecting you, and this was time before the mining tunnel. Only negative I can think of is, of course, the Dern portal, but if we ignore it, the Olmic city was at least A tier, if not S tier.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Nylonn3, Bixlo, frog_24 and 44 others like this.
  2. 99loulou999

99loulou999 ArchangeList VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    -25 to -45 is called "Short temperature" in Canada

Good list good list, will def live in Lusuco, that seems like a chill place

3. Champion

Champion 4,159,619 Melons

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Almuj is the place for me

4. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    That's nothing. However Relos seems like the place to live, modern but not a huge city.

MusicalCroissant likes this.
  5. oinuk

oinuk volcano spell :relaxed:

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ruined olmic city liveability rating ggggg

DragonEngineer likes this.
  6. Saya

Saya yeah don't mislead newbies thanks VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    T R U E

Wait but that happens in fantasy all the time so it makes sense

frog_24 likes this.
  7. Señor TopHat

Señor TopHat The Industrialist

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i am glad that corkus is in S tier liveability because that is as true as it gets
    I would really love to live in corkus, that place is just wonderful

Bixlo and frog_24 like this.
  8. SLScool

SLScool Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    To quote something from the game: "scouts were able to spot an incoming horde from miles away . . ." Seeing as how the main map is about a mile long from north to south based on the traditional one-block-equals-one-cubic-meter, I don't think that 200 blocks equates 200 meters in-lore.

frog_24 likes this.
  9. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Leader HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with most of this, except for one. .

Selchar.

Selchar in its lore is free from the problems of BOTH provinces, that being the corruption and decay.
    On top of that fact, it is a very wealthy trading town because almost all ships including trading between Gavel and Wynn stop there.

Selchar is arguably one of the safest places, if not the safest as stated in its lore itself. (Its also pretty nice)

You complained about the smell of the sea, but if you want to talk about sea relativity, both Corkus and Relos are basically connected to the sea.

frog_24, Dr Zed, NITEHAWKX and 7 others like this.
  10. Verle

Verle Atlas Devotee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, except that Santa will demolish the town and its inhabitants in about 30 years from now... a safe place indeed!

11. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Moderator Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm sorry, but I refuse to accept Aldorei Valley's spot at S-Tier. For starters, the elven inhabitants are very close-minded and prefer isolation. Assuming you are a human, getting a chance to live there would be very difficult, and even still the elves may not accept you. Furthermore, the town has a severe overpopulation problem, as evidenced by the number of elves and horses that spawn whenever you walk through certain areas. It seems like compared to other towns and cities, there aren't many houses, but more ornate buildings that simply flaunt grandeur. In addition to this, hostile mobs actually due spawn in the center of Aldorei village, and you'll likely see some of them in Part 2. There is also an Uth Shrine on the town's outskirts, and there is always the chance of a rogue enemy coming down from there and attacking you while an adventurer seeks out Uth runes. In conclusion, I think that Aldorei is no better than the A-Tier towns, and possibly even worse. I may be biased because I hate elves

12. IceResistance

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That was an alternate reality, not a definite future.

frog_24 and _oroka like this.
  13. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Detlas I'd imagine is like a 17th or 18th century London or Paris; filthy and stinking, but bustling with activity and the wealthy would almost certainly live in fairly nice conditions. I would argue that it isn't too close to the Roots, since other cities aren't significantly further assuming 1 meter = 1 block. I could literally run from the Roots to Ragni in well under 10 minutes assuming the terrain is reasonably flat if that were the case, so it seems unlikely (also the entire map would fit neatly within any single large city, so...). Also, Selchar seems pretty sweet, being a fairly large city on an island. However, it'd probably be pretty crowded.

smugleafthesmug likes this.
  14. Verle

Verle Atlas Devotee HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh, I guess I misinterpreted -

My reasoning was as follows: in Craftmas Chaos, future Tom at a certain point tells you
    "That crystal, the one we talked about 40 years ago, I think it did this. But I don't know how Santa got hold of it, I saw you remove it all those years ago!"
    Then at the end of the quest, Santa says
    "Anyway, I wouldn't want you to keep the crystal with you forever if its truly as powerful as it seems, give it to me, and I'll store it safely."

So, I thought this was implying the player 'causes' Santa to obtain the crystal and become corrupted later on.

smugleafthesmug likes this.
  15. Derecho Drifter

Derecho Drifter Surfing winds and chasing windfalls VIP+

Minecraft:
    Not to mention if you do live there, you have to deal with the elves’ constant ‘purity tests’, which if you really think about it is kind of fucked up
    I’m pretty sure it is the definite future; when you give the corrupted shard to Santa it creates a causal loop; the shard corrupts him, he goes all terminator on Selchar, you kill him, he drops another shard, you give that back to Santa, and so on. The future happens because it HAS to happen

16. IceResistance

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Troms is the strongest fortress in Wynn, and is relatively nice.
    But seriously it is really strong.

You can tell by its one entrance that it would be very tough to invade. There is also, as you mentioned, an escape passage to Ragni which is another strong fortress.

You also have to note that the grand Temple of Legends is connected to Troms as well, which only serves as a greater defense.

17. _Kaasblokje_

_Kaasblokje_ Master of the void biome HERO

Minecraft:
    Llevigar should be F tier because every villager will die sooner or later from those damn golden launch plates.

18. SuperPiggeh

SuperPiggeh Your Local Bootleg Superhero HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Says the leader of the guild who's capital home territory is Troms smh

Nylonn3, thepicferret and TS_potato like this.
  19. _Kaasblokje_

_Kaasblokje_ Master of the void biome HERO

Minecraft:
    Also it is my duty to comment about the fact that you forgot about the void village.

20. Derecho Drifter

Derecho Drifter Surfing winds and chasing windfalls VIP+

Minecraft:
    F tier: literally in the void, surrounded by monsters, with the only source of food being trash dropped from Ahmsord

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.