1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Ranking Mythics Properly

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by NicBOMB, Nov 12, 2018.

?

Do the rest of the mythics?

1. Yes please!

88.7%
  2. Nah, already plenty of these threads.

8.1%
  3. Should this matter to me?

7.3%
  4. Probably Not.

3.2%
  5. Unless You're New

7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    Az did get higher dmg when it was last changed
    100-180 Neutral, 1-250 Thunder, Fast attack speed

It was 60-100 Neutral, 1-150 Thunder, Super Fast attack speed

Druser likes this.
  2. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    "Fast attack speed" isn't slow enough for chain to do a large portion of your dps. The boosted chain attack damage is worse than the loss of base damage.

3. tig

Minecraft:
    I know it is worse than the base damage loss, because there was virtually no base damage loss. And the abillity itsself is still better with slower attack speeds, not better than Curse, but just better in genneral. what I'm saying is that you have just as much reason to stack thunders for insane damage and the lower attack speed and increased damage helps chain lightning which is an added bonus when you do. Curse and Courage are obviosly better than chain lightning, but the damage you sacrifice makes them pretty even and you still have plenty of reason to stack thunders. I'm not against dual element weapons, or tri element weapons, but the way Az was made whether it was supposed to be dual or tri elemental is just stupid. There was never a reason to buff it to 5 slots in the first place, unless you were going for a tri elemental. In doing so it made Az insanely OP with way too high of damage. And in attepmts to ballance it, it either doesn't progress at all or gets more and more broken. 1 of 3 things needs to happen with Az. A: get fire damage OR water damage removed along with a damage nerf B: If you want to keep both elemental damages as options for players to use (which is fine) nerf powder slots to 2 when its possible or C: remove it and recreate it (not prefferable for those who have an Az, and especially those who bought one)
    I'm done arguing because I've made my point and honestly neither of us are really wrong, you brought up that super fast encouraged thunder powder stacking and the tier nerf was to prevent that, while making compelling arguments on powder specials. I brought up that Az should have never had 5 slots and even though every powder special except the air one > chain lightning, stacking thunders is still viable on the current Az, and basically that Az has always been a steaming pile of shit. Just trying to calm things down, no hate.

Edit: Holy shit I did't know i made that much of a wall of text

4. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    After a long think, Boreal has been moved to A/B Rank. It's not warchief bad, but still belongs lower than A Rank. Therefore mid-tier ranking for Boreal.
    This is a mythic discussion thread, but holy shit. You're over analyzing Az. It's going to be really hard to balance, that's understandable. The fact is, Cluster, Hellstrand, Infused Hive Bow, and many others can still be far better. If you need a thunder weapon at that level, just use Spiritshock or Corrupted Witherhead's Bow.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Dr Zed and Pokextreme like this.
  5. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    43 "Yes please"

6. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Soon^tm

Dr Zed likes this.
  7. afterburner0128

afterburner0128 thats why yo shoes raggedy HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "S Rank: Extremely Versatile and contains stats that can take a build far and above others. Often marketed for the highest prices and sought after for godlike rolls."

Crusade Sabatons | 3 - 4.5 stacks.

Slayer | 3 - 5.5 stacks.

Yea uh, I'd change the description to not include that because its a bit of a stretch to say that.

8. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's pretty high for Mythic boots...

NicBOMB likes this.
  9. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Druser hit the nail on the head right there. Remember; I grouped the mythics based on armor slot. Compare the price to other mythics in the boots category and that statement holds 100% true. Slayers IS the one of the most popular and highest priced boots in the comparison. Crusade mostly got S rank for flexibility, but I also don't know too much about the mythic market itself. please send help

Dr Zed likes this.
  10. afterburner0128

afterburner0128 thats why yo shoes raggedy HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Slayer is the most expensive for boots, But it also has a max price 1 stack higher than Crusade, that does seem a bit of a stretch to me considering how low boot prices are

11. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    consider 1 stax for someone who can only afford mythic boots. Again we're only talking about mythic boots.

Dr Zed likes this.
  12. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    not non-anti-insignificant

13. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:

14. tig

Minecraft:
    "Slayer is only 1 stack more than Sabs" *Sabs is 2nd most expensive boots*

15. EnderJay456

EnderJay456 Aphelion Immigrant CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is Nepta Floodbringer better than Lament?

16. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    no
    nepta's damage and lament's damage is around the same,
    lament provides mana by itself so you can build even more spell/water damage with armor and accessories while upping mana regen for nepta sacrifices its damage,
    nepta has a huge -hp bonus and low water damage %, so you will have less health and heals when compared with lament.

mouldy likes this.
  17. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    tldr; lament is better than nepta but within reason. It's a mythic item, so it's generally going to be better than 90 to 100% of all other same slot items anyways.

18. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 buff assassin CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hero doesn't really stand out among mythic weapons. As a Hero user, I would like to say that hero is a legendary weapon, given the damage and its stats. Why?
    First of all, its walk speed looks shit. It has the highest walk speed with Zephra, which is 39% max. I would like to say that even though I rolled a 37% one, I don't really feel happy and accomplished at all. Let's just look at other mythics at the same level range. Strati has 90-ish max (shit i forgot sry xD), warp has 234% max (yeah, it doesn't looks like a weapon so what) and weathered has 52%... That just looks stink when you are looking at other classes, isn't it?
    The second thing is, yeah, no one buys hero, because never do the people plays air warrior, except me because I love playing builds that aren't mainstream (yeah and those mythics r cheap too). I don't really know a thing about the trade market, but the price drops if there is no one buying those things.
    Third, look at its stats and damage. No one cares about hr% in air build, 60 str just to discourage putting sp into earth, even tho the damage is still shit after +60 str; 30 agi which doesnt do shit to the damage but quite good for dodging; 39% ws which is shit for a mythic; 39% melee damage which doesnt do shit..... Dude what the hell, where is the air damage? the worst part is, 4 powder slots doesn't makes it look good. I appreciate that hero has no downsides / debuffs, but the stats just looks meh, just plz redo hero
    While some mythics worth less than or equal to hero's price, they do really good damage and have its unique playstyle. But look at hero, a plain air/(earth) weapon, it does shit damage that you need some dex and thunder powders to increase its damage.... I don't think that is the intended playstyle for hero warrior, neither do the community, right?

Druser likes this.
  19. tig

Minecraft:
    Strati has 99% Walk Speed. And the dagger with 52% Walk Speed is Slider, Weathered has 33% but is great in combat. Archangel is the highest ws dagger at 53%. But other than that you explained why Hero is basically trash quite well :P

20. Minkashev

Minkashev Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think 99% of cybel's damage is raw, he's only doing 1-5 fire/thunder damage as far as I know.

Druser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.