1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Ranking Every Major Id Because Yeah

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Torpid, Jan 17, 2020.

?

What is your favorite Ice Cream Flavor

1. Chocolate

19.0%
  2. Vanilla

6.3%
  3. Cookies And Cream

28.6%
  4. Mint

7.9%
  5. This is unrelated to the post

6.3%
  6. The souls of my enemies

31.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torpid

Torpid Alkatraz is underrated HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    uh oh here i go ranking stuff again

The Major IDs are pretty ebic and there are few enough of them to rank them all without spending a lifetime. Special abilities only owned by a very few amount of weapons is something i've wanted for a while. And im very, very glad they decided to make these.

Okay so even though i dont really feel like i need to do this, im going to make a disclaimer.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion and this post has been make for the purpose of entertainment and discussion. If you disagree that is completely fine, this is a game afterall. I mean no offense or insult to the creators and/or designers of these weapons.

Alright, so i'll be going from worst to best. Let's do this.

Magnet
    Last i checked these abilities are supposed to be at least sometimes useful, this is just a blatant and obvious downside. Vindicator and Gravity would be significantly better without this ability, in my opinion at least, this ability would literally ONLY be helpful when grinding for a specific item, like ingredient, or during dungeons. Any other time, it is an annoyance and inconvenience to anyone using these items. And Vindicator is an extremely bad first impression to new players, who will probably assume all major ids are meant to act as some sort of downside. 1/10

Madness
    This is still a big annoyance, but at least it's only every 10 seconds, instead of constantly like with Magnet. The only time i could imagine this being a huge problem is during a bossfight as Assassin or Mage, when you are somewhat low on Mana and it casts like, vanish or heal when you were just about to use multihit or meteor. 2/10

Taunt
    This is at least a little useful, maybe as Guardian warrior, if your one desire is to put all of the heat of the fight on you, helping out your comrades. But it's still not very helpful to the solo player. 2/10

Cavalryman
    This one isn't usually that useful, usually only when you have really severe negative walkspeed, around -30%. Any other time it's sort of just a fun thing to try, so maybe not that helpful, but still pretty fun. 3/10

Saviour's Sacrifice
    Okay now we're getting into the major IDs that are actually supposed to be helpful.
    And this one kinda sucks.
    Under 30% health is sort of ridiculous. If you are high enough level to use/afford a mythic, and get below 30% health, you're a bit screwed anyway, that defense/damage buff wont even really help your allies. Because i doubt anyone can survive being in a situation that can bring a mythic-wielding player to 30% health for any longer than 5 seconds. 3/10

Plague
    This makes poison a lot more useful, then again, it's poison. And you should probably just stick to normal damage. 3/10

Lightweight
    Extremely underrated ability, just not having to worry about fall damage anymore is great. You can now safely explore your dreams of jumping off of airships, buildings, nether spikes, ect. Also most of the items that have this are super solid items that you can just use in a build normally without purposely trying to get that ability. Convenient and helpful. 4/10

Heart Of The Pack
    Okay this one is an alright ability, if you have good health regen (cough cough https://wynndata.tk/s/s3u2fk cough cough) and want to help out your buddies, just slap this half-meme build on and start helpin out your buddies. (Horse required) 5/10

Greed
    Pretty gamer ability. Especially if you want to flex on your friends by beating some super hard boss battle without pots. Also very helpful for loot running due to it's amazing lb. Obviously to do this though you need to pick up some sort of health regen weapon so you arent literally withering away while trying to make money. (cough cough cough cough https://wynndata.tk/s/xdght8 cough cough cough) 6/10

Hawkeye
    Very powerful, with the right build you can be popping off 25k arrow storms. If you miss just one arrow that is a lot of missed damage though. Also they dropped in price a lot soon after release, which i dont really understand. 6/10

Transcendence
    I have close to literally nothing to say about this. I mean it's good but like. What else am i supposed to say?
    . . .
    6/10

Entropy
    Aww hell yeah. This amazing ability fixes one of Mage's biggest issues, meteor's pathetic landing rate. Due to this though, Pure is even harder to obtain because of price than before. But to quote a wise wizard, "Eh, whateva" 7/10

Sorcery
    Wait isn't this just Transcendence? I mean the chances for zero spell cost might be different, but in my opinion this is too similar to Transcendence to be considered a different ability. I'm only ranking it higher because i think it has a cooler name. 7/10

Roving Assassin
    Okay i had to look up the definition of roving for this, and i got "A roving is a long and narrow bundle of fiber. Rovings are produced during the process of making spun yarn from wool fleece, raw cotton, or other fibres." then i looked at different definitions, and apparently means wandering. So this ability is actively
    insulting anyone who uses it. And obviously it's a dagger so that's cool in my book. The ability itself is pretty cool. 8/10

Guardian
    A demanding ability, it requires high stats, self-sacrifice, selflessness, honor, respect. It makes the user more than an adventurer, it makes them a true hero. It brings harm apon you to save others, it's ironic, the weapon literally named Hero makes the wielder less of a hero than Guardian. It doesn't really make much sense though that the ability has the exact same name as the weapon. I would have gone with like "Bodyguard" or "Protector" but it's cool. I love this mythic so much and i believe it to be the most respectable item in the game. 9/10

~ T

Nukewarmachine, Bowajility and Druser like this.
  2. oinuk

oinuk volcano spell :relaxed:

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    is plague fixed yet

3. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lightweight
    Extremely underrated ability, just not having to worry about fall damage anymore is great. You can now safely explore your dreams of jumping off of airships, buildings, nether spikes, ect. Also most of the items that have this are super solid items that you can just use in a build normally without purposely trying to get that ability. Convenient and helpful. 4/10

Probably because every class can negate fall damage with a spell.

dotGenco and Derecho Drifter like this.
  4. Derecho Drifter

Derecho Drifter Surfing winds and chasing windfalls VIP+

Minecraft:
    I’ll say it before, and I’ll say it again: Lightweight is USELESS. Every parkour section has disabled fall damage, every long fall you need to drop off of has something to break it, and every class can negate fall damage if they want to dive off of something they aren’t supposed to anyways.

Greed is god tier and probably the best major ID in the game at this point. It’s probably the closest to what I wanted major IDs to be, and is only like a small bit above

Why was I not tagged in the ice cream flavor poll

5. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not really chief, Archer is fairly hard to pull off imo

6. Mad-Eye Moody

Mad-Eye Moody 1,466,666 Melons

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Whoever says Lightweight is shit or useless get off this post

7. MikAsk123

MikAsk123 Buff Warrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    O shutup half-assed archers who needs lightweight.

Arkade, Son_Omega_Dan and Saya like this.
  8. Mad-Eye Moody

Mad-Eye Moody 1,466,666 Melons

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    LET ME JUMP OFF BUILDINGS WITHOUT DYING IN PEACE

ReneCZ, MegaCoquin and MikAsk123 like this.
  9. MikAsk123

MikAsk123 Buff Warrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Taunt is higher in the list imo, sometimes warrior players in a group cant do enough dps so the Bosses/Mobs target the main dps and not the “tank”, and it gives you a chance to dodge the mobs attack and not directly get 50% dmg from other players unlike guardian.

Sure for solo plays it doesnt matter but warrior in EO needs this to protect glassy builds. If you put Guardian that high then this should also be higher , imo 5/10. Also greed 10/10 dont need to say my reason there.

Son_Omega_Dan and Crokee like this.
  10. Torpid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    inhale
    boi

Okay, first of all, Archers basically cant do that, even the slightest amount of lag or if the Archer cant time the escape spell, Lightweight is extremely helpful for that. Also im an Archer main so yeah. Then with other classes, you have to actually go "Oh yeah fall damage i gotta do a spell" but with Lightweight you can just hurl yourself off cliffs. It's just helpful

Also with walk speed builds you fall off of stuff a lot and Steamjet Walkers are used in walk speed build relatively often.

MegaCoquin and Son_Omega_Dan like this.
  11. CrazyDav3

CrazyDav3 ą̶̡̡̢̩͎̬̟̳̦̦͆̈͗̽̋͘͠ VIP+

Minecraft:
    But poison shaman...

MegaCoquin and TrapinchO like this.
  12. Torpid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah, i see you are a man of culture as well

13. F1ora1

F1ora1 How. HERO

Minecraft:
    Personally I think Greed is the strongest major ID in the game.

Like imagine pairing that WITH guardian lol, whole team is unkillable.

Also cookies and cream is my favorite ice cream flavor, and now I'm hungry. Thanks.

Saya, btdmaster, Crokee and 3 others like this.
  14. Torpid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    F00l
    i had the item Plague Staff in mind while writing this, so that's what i was mainly talking about

Uranium is neat 6/10

15. Lego_DW

Lego_DW War God With No Equal HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    for the most part i agree with everything but greed is insanely good in almost every situation, magnet paired with greed is also great, id put both higher

i would put transcendence a lot lower because the only item that has that ID is nirv, and it cuts a lot of the potential DPS the weapon could have in half pretty much by not being able to use conc. nirv already has pretty low damage compared to other mythic daggers so losing conc is really bad

16. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Someone clearly isn't binging on the Shaman meta

17. Torpid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    about plague: i said it once and i'll say it again i had plague staff in mind
    thanks for telling me the difference between the two
    ok i never got the change to use the staff cuz my mage has been level 20 for 3 years

18. Crokee

Crokee Regularly stabs The Eye HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Crokee would like to have a word with you: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/naked-eo-solo-no-consumables.261487/#post-3158093

Son_Omega_Dan and F1ora1 like this.
  19. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No

Worst Fabled in the game right now, change my mind.

Druser likes this.
  20. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

It's bugged atm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.