1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Questions About Alkatraz

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Torpid, Apr 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torpid

Torpid Clueless Veteran HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay so let me tell you a story, a long while ago i was looking for a new Archer build because my current one wasnt amazing. I discovered the magic of Grandmother, and it's ridiculous 40,000 damage arrow storms. When i saw how much damage this thing could pump out, i instantly decided to get one.

I sold my Guardian along with every last bit of emeralds i still had in my bank for a good Grandmother, and i had to do quite a lot of quests to afford the rest of the build. But finally, i had my Grandmother build together.

So i was extremely surprised when i saw that Grandmother could do 40,000 damage with one arrow storm.

THEN I DISCOVERED ALKATRAZ WITH IT'S DAMAGE CAPABILITIES OF 40,000-50,000 DPS.

I was seriously more angry than surprised, i had just spent all this time and money for a Grandmother build, and apparently Alkatraz can do 40k DPS. But what i was even angrier about was the fact i couldnt see any real drawback with Alkatraz.

With Grandmother, it's drawback is painfully obvious. Youre constantly withering away, so when making a build for it, you basically need to choose between damage or survivability. With Alkatraz, it just seems to lower your skills. But even then, that can be completely negated with Blue Mask ALONE.

So here are my questions:
    1 - What is Alkatraz's drawback? Are Alkatraz builds usually glass cannons or is it something else?
    2 - How much do Alkatrazs usually cost? Im guessing it to be far more than a Grandmother.
    3 - Would it be a wise idea for me to start working for the money for an Alkatraz build, or am i better off with something else?
    4 - Was getting a Grandmother a complete waste of time and money?

2. TS_potato

TS_potato Da bumping potato power VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. Alka is kind of glass cannon, but its idea is to kill everything before you get hit
    2. Alka costs around 1-4 stx, which is much less than gma
    3. Just do what you want
    4. Gma is still a good mythic

RicRicc and Torpid like this.
  3. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alkatraz with 40k+ dps is extremely glass cannon and doesn't have access to a powder special.

4. ccccccccccccccc

ccccccccccccccc horse failure

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    in addition to the above gma has 70 agi for free and alka has -15 to everything but str, so gma has much higher potential effective hp. alka is also melee, whereas gma bombs/arrow storms are ranged, so alka builds take a lot more dmg naturally by fighting up close and have a much harder time with ranged/teleporting/fast mobs

5. Asthae

Asthae ... HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alkatraz is cringe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.