Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...
Dismiss Notice
Have some great ideas for Wynncraft? Join the official CT (content team) and help us make quests, builds, cinematics and much more!

World Profession / Gathering Classes

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Zyrch, Mar 31, 2021.

?

Is this a good Idea? In your opinion is it balanced or not? ( you can vote for each question)

1. Good Idea

2. Bad Bad Bad

3. Balanced

4. Unbalanced

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyrch

Zyrch Skilled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why add Profession/Gathering Classes?
    Professions and gathering materials have been in-game for quite some time now but I still think it lacks that "reason" to really do these things at the early stages of the game. profession and gathering should be one of the core content players should do even if they're not maxed level or at the end game because, at the state of the game, most people wait to get to 100+ or wait for the end game before doing/leveling up their professions that's why I'm proposing this idea of giving the players a choice of what profession or gathering they want to master to encourage players to really do professions.

So what are Profession/Gathering Classes?
    Profession and gathering classes are classes that are targeted to specific crafting or gathering system in-game, the main purpose of it is to let the player choose what crafting or gathering system they want to "master". think of it as "jobs" that a player could have.
    (you can only pick 1 from both of the categories. ex. you can be a Carpenter but not a Lumberjack)

Examples :
    Armoring - Armorer
    Tailoring - Weaver/Tailor
    Weaponsmithing - Blacksmith
    Woodworking - Carpenter/Woodworker
    Jeweling - Jeweler
    Scribing - Scribe
    Cooking - Chef/Cook
    Alchemism - Alchemist
    Mining - Miner
    Woodcutting - Lumberjack/Wood Cutter
    Farming - Farmer
    Fishing - Fisherman

What's the main purpose of these Profession/Gathering Classes?
    The main purpose of having a Profession/Gathering class is that you can have a permanent buff or perk for the profession/gathering class you choose. this system will only be for the profession/gathering class you choose so choose wisely because you can only master 1

For example: if I chose the gathering profession of 'Miner', as I level up my mining I get buffs, more material yield, or more chance to get higher tier materials specifically when I mine because that's the class I chose, so

These buffs can be for the Gathering Classes:
    + Permanent More Item Yield
    + % Higher Chance of more item yield
    + % Gathering Speed
    + % Higher Chance of getting higher tier materials
    + % More Gathering XP
    + Durability (to your main tool. ex. if you're a 'Miner' your pickaxes have a lot more durability. more if you're a 'Miner' and normal durability if you're not)

so you must be thinking, "how would this system work for the Profession Classes?" this one is kinda hard because there are a lot of stats involved when you are crafting but here are some of my idea on what buffs/perks that the Profession Classes can have (if you have more ideas for the Buffs/Perks, let me know)

These buffs can be for the Profession Classes:
    + % More Durability for your crafted items
    + % More Duration for your crafted items
    + % Crafting Speed
    + % More Gathering XP
    + Some ingredient stats have a buff on them (for example you have an ingredient with an 8% - 15% Water Damage, it can be buffed and be 12% - 15% Water Damage instead, I thought of it in this way to make it balanced and still have the main stats of the ingredients used)
    - Materials Used (this perk allows profession classes to craft items using only a few items rather than the normal amount)
    - Negative Stats (this perk is when you put an ingredient with -90 duration, maybe with your level it can be like -70 duration or like if an ingredient has a +10 Strenght Min. it could be +8 or +5, depends on the % of your level)

What's the reward/incentives of Profession/Gathering Classes?
    you're probably thinking, "what's the purpose of all of this, and what does these 'Classes' entail?", well for the Gathering Classes we can recycle the old content of refineries, we can add NPC's to these not used locations that lets players sell their gathered materials. in this way the old refineries can have a purpose again and also give gathering players the opportunity to make emeralds with gathering. this is possible because Gathering Classes will give you the buffs and perks.

"how about the people who chose the Profession Classes? what's in it for them?", this is actually hard but I thought Profession Classes have the perks of making their crafted items much better, so this can actually force players to buy crafted items from players who have the appropriate profession; because their crafted items are more reliable and have better stats. people will likely choose them rather than crafted items from players who don't have the appropriate profession class. they could also balance the prices when you sell a crafted item so that it could also be profitable if you chose the profession classes.
    (crafted items from persons who have the appropriate profession class can have like a * in front of the name so its easier for people to see in the player market)

How to implement the said system?
    - Through a quest
    They can make it so you have a quest at level 1 where you have to choose what profession/gathering class you want to choose. (this is kinda wanky because what if I choose not to do the quest and level up, it'll ruin the whole purpose of this idea so this is not the efficient way of implementing it. but its still an idea)

- Through the starting area
    The starting area has the gathering/profession tutorial so it can be implemented their but it also has a flaw, what if I'm a mage but I want to have the profession class of weaponsmithing? that'll make it hard because you need woodworking to craft a staff.

- Character Creation
    you can make it so when a player is done choosing what class they want, they can choose between all of the Profession / Gathering Classes. (for me this is by far the most efficient but it still has the problem of how to update the players who already have an account if they decide to put this in-game)

Armoring - Armorer
    Tailoring - Weaver/Tailor
    Weaponsmithing - Blacksmith
    Woodworking - Carpenter/Woodworker
    Jeweling - Jeweler
    Scribing - Scribe
    Cooking - Chef/Cook
    Alchemism - Alchemist
    Mining - Miner
    Woodcutting - Lumberjack/Wood Cutter
    Farming - Farmer
    Fishing - Fisherman

This idea has still some flaws but I do hope you find it interesting, I also hope you vote on what do you think about this idea. if you have something to say or add you can comment (I'm all up for ideas and criticism)
    :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  2. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It looks disgustingly Dark Mode unfriendly, so might want to address that. Onto the idea itself - the grind was sort of alleviated with the introduction of gathering tunnels in 1.20, and giving professions more boons is always a good thing, but making specializations class specific is probably not the way to go.

3. Zyrch

Zyrch Skilled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what if I change it to a progressive type system (this was my first idea) where you begin as a "beginner" and make your way to "master" of the craft or something like that, while still giving the players all the buffs/perks stated above. with this idea you can go through different ranks until you reach to master, you can also master everything so it will not be specific because I too thought that specification of a class will lock a player to it which is bad but, I just love the idea of players being a "master" of a certain profession or having that title of "Master of this profession" just like in other MMOs. nevertheless, my core idea is to give players these buffs/perks a reward for grinding so when you reach the level 50+ you don't have to craft a lot more to reach the other levels.

4. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    I can’t read this, the text is too dark

5. Zyrch

Zyrch Skilled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I already fixed it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.