1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER Player Character Theory

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Paintably, Apr 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Paintably

Paintably Right-Left-Left

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In Recovering the Past, it is implied that the player character doesn't really have a past. This is most likely just the game poking you and saying "of course you don't have a past, you're the player," but what if it's being literal? What if the player wasn't born, but created?

So here's what I got from running with this idea: The player is a golem-like being created by the Fruman royalty. What sets you apart from other creation is that you are the first to successfully be given an artificial soul. This allows you to act like a normal human (for the most part, at least). Your purpose is to spy on the other provinces (they can watch through your eyes), and you play the part of a hero in order to earn other's trust and gain access to important information and secrets.

The player being artificial could explain your enhanced strength, stamina, and abilities. It could even explain why you never sleep or need to eat. I know these are just standard video game mechanics, but there being an in-game explanation for them would be a cool twist. And it wouldn't be the first time: Beyond the Grave works as an explanation as to why you can come back to life after dying, and Point of No Return implies that the player's soul is the narrator, so it's possible that other in-game mechanics could be given explanations too.

2. Tealy

Tealy Lorekeeper | Mememaker HERO

Minecraft:
    If the player was artificial and given a soul, I feel like there would be a lot of difference in how its handled in PonR and Beyond the Grave. Why would the soul be in its mechanical body in the latter, for example?

I feel like this theory needs more evidence to be considered further

Enderclaw, Bart (MC), Kahsol and 3 others like this.
  3. Paintably

Paintably Right-Left-Left

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I imagine the artificial soul is mechanically the same as a normal soul. Perhaps it's like an AI but better because ~magic~. Additionally, this theory is more of a cool idea then something I think is actually cannon.

Kahsol and Crokee like this.
  4. TrueThaumaturge

TrueThaumaturge Formerly Shitposting 101 VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The bovine gods created all, artificial sentience is a sin. Wynncraft promotes good bovinic values and as such the player must adhere to the word of the Almighty Cow himself, thus rendering this theory incorrect.

Oxozon, Endercomet, Je Hooft and 13 others like this.
  5. Saint_Purple

Saint_Purple *:^)=King Jackass=(^:* HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really like this theory... And it does have it's own merit. It'd explain why we (all the classes) interact with magic so easily. One would believe that the classes not too versed in true magic would have difficultly interacting with objects.... Yet we don't Any magic issue? Is almost easy, it just takes a few items yet we watch villagers and hear from them struggling to do much of anything, "Corruption is taking over and my spells have been working... but now" "We can't undo Twain's spell!" "It's impossible to beat back" We're honestly doing bob level stuff, becoming the new bob... not too long after he passed (if my lore knowledge is up to par)

While it might be handled slightly differently in PonR and BtG, we do have an in game/lore base for this... "A Heart of Iron Pt 1&2"... The Doctor notes staring into the golems' eyes, he feels something. Humans have this natural reaction to things we like or things we view to be more.. complex. A dog for instance, your dog if you will, you love it, feed it, stare at it, play with it. You feel its soul when you see into it's eyes. You know something is good, nice, apart of you, whatever word you want to put. You can feel it.

we do know the Fruma's were big on... control. "There is no war inside the walls of Ba Sing Se Fruma" What's to say they didn't do the same thing to us as happens to Golems? I wouldn't be surprised if Fruma "put us on loan" to Ragni for the whole idea of spying... Over all good theory. We must discover more lore.

6. _Dazzle

_Dazzle Survived 50 man EO, 5 Mythics found

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Interesting headcanon, but then there's this:
    Possible reincarnation theory? Either that the player has no past because he has too many of them to begin with, or the governing entity in Fruma has indeed created them from clay. The latter theory seems ridiculous, but we don't know the full extent of magic in Fruma.

The reincarnation theory is that the player was not born naturally, but reincarnated, into this world (in b4 "wynn is an isekai"). Since they had no life before arriving to Wynn - quite literally, in fact -, they didn't have any memories of Fruma. All they know is that they have been sent from Fruma to Wynn, and that's it.

Fruma could also be conscripting (wikipedia) people, erasing and/or safekeeping their memories, then sending them on their merry way to fight the corruption. Former civilians of Fruma don't seem to go through this (has anyone seen Aledar reminisce about his past, or seek it actively?). That's also a possible theory.

Kahsol likes this.
  7. Kahsol

Kahsol aka TheDoctem VIP+

Minecraft:
    i'd love for this or something similar to be real, and it could spawn it's own long series of quests

Asthae likes this.
  8. 99loulou999

99loulou999 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    The fruman government who spent years and years and money and money creating you, just to watch you dupe items and get banned by the higher beings of this world

._. well, shit

btdmaster and Paintably like this.
  9. Saint_Purple

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    upload_2020-4-13_13-45-45.png
    Poison Gas... Not affecting humans? ;)
    T H E T H E O R Y L I V E S

10. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER HICH gaming HIC Master HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    actually gas affected you before patch (giving infinite nausea till you leave the cave)

ree it was good gameplay design compared to difficulty of recent quests

11. Saint_Purple

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Imagine being the "UM, actually" but more seriously, it's what it is now that matters.

War Craft released: November 23, 2004
    Mists of Pandaria: September 25, 2012
    From their wiki: "Over 10,000 years later, the mists parted due to the effects of Deathwing's Cataclysm."

Gameplay wise they were new, Lore wise they were old as heck, and always there, the player just didn't know about them and they rolled out of the mountains to whoop bubble gum and chew donkeys. At least if my understanding is correct, but good meme ;P

And as OP stated:
    I'm more here to find things that could attach to it and see how much... evidence? can be found for it in game. More so as my own personal quest for memehood

YYGAYMER likes this.
  12. DominikGamer

DominikGamer Nothing to see here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yes i remember that pain while doing the parkour

YYGAYMER likes this.
  13. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Leader HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We are humans from Fruma who have crossed the Wynn border to become soldiers in Wynn.
    Thats the lore.
    As to why we crossed the border, who knows yet.
    Maybe we were exiled, maybe we came by will
    Perhaps, since magic is banned in Fruma unless you are like high class, maybe thats why we came to Wynn, so we could use our spells and have that Freedom.
    Who knows yet

14. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

But what if the player is not the player?

starx280 and Dream like this.
  15. Dream

Dream Bean HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Mac N Cheese Man and starx280 like this.
  16. starx280

starx280 The boy who cried lunar

Minecraft:
    Well..

You pretty much have power beyond gods..

!!!

Ur an anime protagonist XD

Paintably and Endercomet like this.