1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Played In 2013, Coming Back, Don't Understand A Lot Of Things.

Discussion in 'Questions' started by MilesBank, Oct 17, 2020.

1. MilesBank

MilesBank Travelled Adventurer

For context, I played back in 2013, there were some quests, but not much other than loot chests, and basic classes. Back when the VIP town was a thing, and assassin was donator only.
    I always talked highly of Wynn, but after I suggested a few of my friends to play Wynn, they asked me why I wasn't playing, so I figured I'd join them. 2 weeks ago I started playing again, and its insane to see the difference in builds, gameplay, and general depth of the server.
    But with that, I have a few things I would like to learn about as I like to understand all aspects of the servers I play, to the best of my ability.
    Also, I have done SOME research through the wiki, but that still limits how much I understand.

1. Professions and Crafting. I understand the basic functionality of professions, but haven't worked too hard on it. Are there any guides that someone would recommend, or any explanations about crafting? Scribing and Cooking I especially don't understand. As well as different materials and applying them..?
    2. Guilds. What are Wars and how do they work? Leveling seems confusing too, do I have to give MY combat XP to level it? If so, what is the benefit of joining a guild before you're high-level?
    3. Runes. yeah idk anything about these
    4. PvP. Not sure how the changes work, and quite honestly, haven't done much research on this, as it used to just be the nether, but pvp enabled.

If anyone has any helpful links, feel free to share them and I'll be sure to check it out!
    But as of now, that's all I have for questions! Thanks for the help.

2. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Just Existing

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Welcome back!
    Check this guide to see what has changed.
    If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

1+1=3 likes this.
  3. 1+1=3

1+1=3 LegoBoyWelly

Guild:
  4. MilesBank

@dr_carlos @1+1=3
    Well after reading through that post, and following the links within, I can firmly say it didn't answer any of my questions.
    The 2 it STARTED to answer, were the Professions/Crafting, and PvP, in the 1.18-1.18.2 updates.
    I understand how everything works except for the questions I asked, so there is no need to link a "general guide"

My questions about PvP can be disregarded for a later time, but I guess I need to explain my Professions/Crafting questions better.
    It's more related to Crafting in general. I understand how to get materials, I understand how mine/woodcut/farm/fish, but I don't understand the crafting process, and how the functionality of it actually works.

Please be sure to actually read my questions, as opposed to reading the title then linking something that is only slightly related and not in-depth, or rather, just a TLDR of all the updates.
    Because as said, I have done my own research.

5. creeper1562

creeper1562 Well-Known Adventurer

Crafting works like this:
    There are 8 crafting professions

Each profession is used to craft different items (boots, helmet, food, potions, scrolls, stuff like that)

Each professions requires different materials to craft (food needs meat and grains, tailoring needs ingots and string, all of these are on this wiki) and amount of materials to craft (depends on level of the craft, also on the wiki).

Ingredients are used to give the crafted items IDs, depending on the ingredient. Ingredients are also locked to certain crafting professions

In order to craft something, you go up to the crafting station for your profession, put in the required amount of items for the profession you are doing, put the ingredients, and click craft. You can also change the level of the craft from a 1 to 10 range (if your materials are level 90 you can craft 90-99 items)

hope this helps!

1+1=3 likes this.
  6. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Just Existing

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, sorry about that.

Here we go:
    Crafting is mostly used to make stuff you could probably get by identifying.

Every ten levels in crafting, one unlocks a new recipe that uses the next level of materials.
    Use the materials needed in the recipe, and any ingredients (more xp from crafting, and adds bonuses to the item) to craft something.
    Each ingredient at least one bonus (or debuff) to a crafted item.

Scribing, cooking, and alchemism are basically the same thing.
    They all create consumables that give you temporary buffs.
    However, scribing gives an effect to every player in a 9.5 block radius, cooking has longer durations, and alchemism has more potent effects.

The biggest benefit, though, is an identification called 'Loot Quality' or lq for short.
    It increases the quality of loot (more likely to get mythics, etc.).
    Ingredients with this identification can only be found in tailoring, cooking, scribing, and jeweling.

Generally, crafting is redundant and almost pointless until end game/very late game for lootrunning.

Here's a guide I use for levelling up in crafting.
    The guild system is broken.
    Very broken.
    There are no benefits for being in one, apart from social.

To level up a guild, people in it have to donate combat xp to the guild.
    Wars are just battles over territories between people who get to the area in time from one guild, and any enemies bought by the guild that is being attacked.

Personally, I think they are mostly pointless and apart from making one when I first joined, I don't really use them.
    Runes are used to access Corrupted Dungeons.

Corrupted Dungeons are variants of most (Decrepit Sewers, Infested Pit, Lost Sanctuary, Underworld Crypt, Sand-Swept Tomb, Ice Barrows, Undergrowth Ruins) dungeons that are harder and higher levelled.
    To access these dungeons, one needs a broken key to it (from a Key Guardian) and a Rune, which can be combined at the Forgery (where all corrupted dungeons are accessed from) to create a key.

There are 3 types of rune:
    Nii Rune: Can be gained from killing Nii Guardians that spawn in level ~75 places such as the Light Forest, Cinfras County, Canyon of the Lost, or the Kander Forest.
    Needed to create a key for CDS, CIP, CLS.

Uth Rune: Can be gained from sacrificing a Golden Avia Feather (dropped from a bird called Golden Avia that spawns in Corkus) at an Uth altar in either Corkus or Aldorei.
    Needed to create a key for CUC, CST, CIB.

Tol Rune: Can be gained from combining 4 Nii Runes OR 2 Uth Runes at the Tol altar in the Ruined Olmic City (unlocked after The Olmic Rune) in the Silent Expanse.
    Needed to create a key for CUR.
    I don't know much about PvP (I don't personally do it), however there are 2 ways to do PvP now as the Nether is unreachable.

Hunted Mode:
    Unlocked by completing the quest A Hunter's Calling, this is a gamemode which can be used when creating a new class, or enabled on the fly in an existing class (both require completion of the quest).
    This gives a +50% bonus to combat XP from mobs, and a +50% bonus to gathering XP.
    However, it enables global PvP outside of towns (and other safe spots? Not sure what these are, sorry) with other players in Hunted Mode.
    It also increases drop rates of items on death for identified and unidentified items, and items lost are dropped on death [verification needed].

When a player attacks or is attacked by another player in Hunted Mode, they are in 'combat'.
    If a player doesn't attack and is not attacked for 10 seconds, they are no longer in 'combat'.
    When a player is in combat, they will lose some items as if they had died (but no other penalties associated with death are incurred).

/Duel:
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a way to have a fun PvP with someone with no penalties.
    Just do /duel Playername and you can duel with them.

That's (my) answers to your questions, it took me over 1/2 an hour, but I'll try to answer any other questions you want.

MilesBank likes this.
  7. Devilogic

Devilogic Bioluminescent Cephalopod HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    hunted mode uses combatlog mechanics basically

8. MilesBank

First off, beautiful response to my aggressive mannerisms. Everything in this is exactly what I needed, and exactly what I was asking. Thank you.
    Secondly, my bad for getting aggressive immediately, just something I do in situations where I feel like people ignore what I've said.
    I apologize for that. Thank you for the incredible response even after that.

Also, that Crafting link is awesome, share that anytime you can with people interested in learning more.

And thank you for this, that makes a lot of sense, and the materials are the general area I've been struggling with.

Originally crafting seemed useless, just as something "extra" to use so that it would be easier to get slightly lower leveled items, that are essentially worthless.
    But now I understand, thanks to both of you, that crafting can be used to make items that exactly fit my playstyle, and even support it further.
    Crafting seems like an essential tool for late and end-game players to use. So I genuinely appreciate these detailed explanations.

As my competitive personality extensively shows, I will be abusing this in the future. And hopefully, I can return the support you have shown me in these responses.
    So in the future, I hope to use some scrolls, or bombs for you boys.

Best Regards, and Best of luck.

creeper1562 and SmileyAlec like this.
  9. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Help the wiki! VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Massive, massive grind good only in endgame, avoid them on your first playthrough

10. I_Liek_Turtlez

I_Liek_Turtlez The Singu man HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you want to learn more about professions or have any further questions about them, you can join the Prof Tryhard discord server. I can dm you the link if you need it.