1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Pet Tasks. Really, Guys?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by OllyDG, Jun 8, 2021.

1. OllyDG

OllyDG Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    really. I remember when VIP town was removed, because of this exact same nonsense. And yet, seven years later, here we stand. champion as a whole is busted, this is just the most egregious example. come on guys, you can do better.

edit: bomb bells are also absolute garbage for the record, i just bring this up because some of us still remember when VIP town was around and pets did damage originally

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Iboju, ron111701, SomeRandy and 8 others like this.
  2. Samsam101

Samsam101 PLEASE RNGesus PLEASE bless me with the mage hat!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    At least pet tasks try to be balanced, VIP town was ridiculous since you could buy higher tiers of horses there and stuff.

I do agree though that all rank perks should be cosmetic and not p2w

Aya, Geshultz, dr_carlos and 2 others like this.
  3. OllyDG

Minecraft:
    yeah, they're not as totally egregious but them along with bomb bells are still wrong on a fundamental level

4. Ava Cart

Ava Cart If you don't like Ava you die VIP+

Minecraft:
    pet tasks are nothing compared to the Champion Slots and the Bomb Bell

5. OllyDG

Minecraft:
    yeah, i just bring this up because *it already happened* and *they already had to can it because of mojang*

6. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    What makes it more upsetting is that Wynntils wasn't allowed to have a bomb since it would provide an unfair advantage to those who had the mod installed over those who didn't yet they make it behind a €100+ paywall.

7. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Assassin main HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that makes sense though. It would’ve been an unfair advantage for people using a third-party program. The paywall makes the advantage locked for only some people to use. If wynntils had this feature almost nobody would buy champion. imo the bomb bell a bad and unfair addition but it’s better locked behind champion then wynntils.

8. OllyDG

Minecraft:
    ideally it would not be locked behind a paywall or a mod wall

9. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    The mod would still be free to download by everyone. I agree with the idea that it would provide an unfair advantage over those who don't have the mod installed, however I was pointing out that despite stating this, they still added it into the game behind a paywall which seems really dishonest and hypocritical.

10. Aezerie

Aezerie Professional Procrastinator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    To clarify on pet tasks, they're not as powerful as they first appear. Each task takes 5 minutes to complete, at time period in which you could just run back to the bank normally. The repair task doesn't even work at all. Selling and banking is mildly useful since it works right away but you can only do it with three items every five minutes per pet. You can do it with multiple pets but that takes quite a bit of grinding.

The bomb bell is definitely overpowered which is why I'm always open to acting as a middleman if someone asks me to.

Isabeau37, ExertKarma and dr_carlos like this.
  11. _834

_834 I forgot what I was gonna write in this box CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Big brain idea for bomb bell becoming a free feature:
    What if they made a channel on the official discord server with a bot that tracked bombs similarly to how bomb bell tracks them

12. TheEpicCajun

TheEpicCajun EpicSex2 (real) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello? admins? What happened to the server not being blatant pay2win? And to lock those features behind a $100+ rank...

OllyDG likes this.
  13. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Am I the only one who doesnt care about any of those ”p2w” features?

14. OllyDG

Minecraft:
    the bomb bell and /switch have pretty much killed bomb parties for us plebians

Lemon likes this.
  15. BisexualDog

BisexualDog Boogie Boy CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yes

16. dr_carlos

dr_carlos Morph Gang!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No. I don't really care - I get the argument but I think sometimes we can be a bit too 'politically correct', for lack of a better term.
    Also, I've never had discord or anything, and I don't do parties so I can't really empathise with bomb bell and/or /switch being p2w.
    Anyway that's my ten cents - you don't need to listen to me.

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  17. SomeRandy

SomeRandy Well-Known Adventurer

If you simply don't have someone with a champ rank, then you're missing out on bombs. Tasks are p2w for lootrunning mostly and farming.
    Can't even mention /switch.
    I guess maybe it's their excuse to make people spend $100

18. OllyDG

Minecraft:
    how does political correctness tie into any of this

Gogeta likes this.
  19. Lousyre

Lousyre Famous Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But then that would upset people who only bought the rank for the bomb bell, which also isn't good.

Releasing champion was a point of no return for Wynn, because it added borderline p2w features, and now those can't be removed or drastically changed, as the people who spent more than 100$ on it would get rightfully upset and angry.
    All in all Wynn is basically torn between two parties where the first complains about the features, while the other has spent irl money on them. This gets even worse to look at when you realise that every single person on the whole planet has complained about the rank for months before its release, yet nothing has been done. The admins barged into this headlong and careless, and consequently brought an unresolvable situation onto the server.
    On a personal note, I'd be actually fine with champion if the slots were finally fixed/changed (and yes, we have enough data, please stop sitting behind that weak statement), as that's what could improve the rank's state without massive changes or a complete overhaul.

20. IceBear

IceBear Ice Bear says hi VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ice Bear says this is hardly unresolvable Ice Bear made a thread a while ago giving examples of solutions such as instead of a bomb bell champions got weekly bombs to use. Ice Bear says the admin team just found a cash cow so that's why they aren't doing anything about it.

H0Y, TheEpicCajun and OllyDG like this.