1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Overwhelmed New Player

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Spike_, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Spike_

Spike_ Newbie Adventurer

Started a mage profile today. Loving the game, but the sheer amount of content overwhelms me. What's the best way to progress? How does a noob like myself get a foot in the door? How grindy is this game? How boring is the grind? I have so many questions!

If anyone knows of any resources for beginners, they would certainly help me out. Thank you in advance!

2. Basteyal

Basteyal ⎝⎠ ╲╱╲╱ ⎝⎠ Staff Member Moderator QA HERO

Minecraft:
    Check your quest book! There's lots to do, especially early game. Explore, do quests, run dungeons!

Professions are relatively optional, so don't stress over that.

If you do quests, the grind isn't that bad! There's a lot of secrets hidden around the map, lots to find.

If you by chance want to do professions (fishing, crafting, mining, etc) be warned the grind is quite long.

Have fun in Wynncraft! Welcome!

gigi2oo2, Jbip, Salted and 2 others like this.
  3. weeb

weeb ded HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    as long as you don't do professions it won't be too grindy.
    focus on doing quests, if you need more xp to do another quest just find some mobs to kill near your level or do dungeons.

Arkade, TrapinchO and Spike_ like this.
  4. Jelliee_

Jelliee_ ♡Owner of SDY♡

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Welcome to Wynn!

For your first playthrough, I would recommend ignoring professions completely, they're the most grindy part of the game with little benefit to new players. Just do your quests, explore, enjoy and immerse yourself. When quests don't get you all the way to the next level, there are grind spots where mobs are marked with a star in their names. Good luck and have fun!

Edit: jeez, 3 replies at the same time

5. Spike_

Spike_ Newbie Adventurer

so pretty much do quests, got it xD that map is gonna be really helpful. Thanks for the quick reply! :o

Salted and Basteyal like this.
  6. Ghastkilla

Ghastkilla Professional Grape HERO

Minecraft:
    A good way to start would be to would be to look in the quest book and complete any given quests. This should progress you through the game rather smoothly with less grinding. Grinding in this game is also not too bad and the only part of the game that I would even consider grindy would be the high level professions.

Spike_ likes this.
  7. Spike_

Spike_ Newbie Adventurer

Ignoring completely? That seems harsh, although I have heard crafting weapons and armor is kind of pointless until really late into the game. Wait...first playthrough?

8. Basteyal

Basteyal ⎝⎠ ╲╱╲╱ ⎝⎠ Staff Member Moderator QA HERO

Minecraft:
    ah, they mean your first class. You have 6 class slots without a rank, so that's technically 6 "playthroughs" of the game.

Spike_ likes this.
  9. Jelliee_

Jelliee_ ♡Owner of SDY♡

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There are 5 different classes and 6 (I think) class slots without a rank, so many people like to make multiple classes to try out different playstyles.

I guess it is a bit harsh, what I meant was don't rely on it; finding ingredients to craft good gear is a hassle and gathering is difficult when the mobs around are an actual threat to you. Basically, it might get in the way of your progress.

But to each their own, if you want to do profs during your playthrough go for it :)

Spike_ likes this.
  10. Emogla3

Emogla3 nerf shaman

Minecraft:
    It really isn't that harsh. Crafting is a somewhat new implementation to the game looking at its history, and it's mostly just a lot of grinding. I mean like A LOT OF grinding.

First playthrough as in Wynn is a very replayable game, and that's why there are many class slots. Most people that get far play the game multiple times, sometimes even with special challenges. The bank is shared across classes, so it's still technically a single playthrough, just a new character.

Spike_ likes this.
  11. Spike_

Spike_ Newbie Adventurer

Thanks to everyone for the quick feedback! :D

Bowajility likes this.
  12. TrapinchO

TrapinchO Free help with nearly everything! VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also explore the map. There are MANY secrets waiting to be discovered...

(and if you have troubles with anything look on pur official wiki)

13. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Still Nii Grinding HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Welcome to Wynn :)

Everyone said it already, but I'd also like to support the advice that you shouldn't worry about professions/crafting for your first play through, they're not needed and take a really long time... Even lots of endgame players haven't done them at all :>

And everyone pretty much mentioned all the important stuff already, so I'll just add that if you're finding there's way too many players in towns and its making it hard to find certain NPCs or merchants, do:
    /toggle playerghosts to turn them off. (It will hide the ghost players not in your world).

Idk if it's on by default for new players, but if it is,it really shouldn't be imo.
    pretty sure it's just wynncraft's way of saying "LOOK HOW MANY PLAYERS PLAY THIS SERVER OOOOOO!"

Bowajility likes this.
  14. MagmaMelon

MagmaMelon Theorist and Geek

Minecraft:
    What I did on my first playthrough was just kind of do some fun quests, explore the map, do a dungeon - whatever really.
    After that I read up and played much more seriously the second time through.

Until you are further in, don't worry about professions at all. The first bit of the game is quite overwhelming, but once you get to level 30 or so it is much easier to understand.
    Hope you enjoy the server!

TrapinchO likes this.
  15. Triactic

Triactic Rep Assassin Gang Only : Cata masterrace

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you stick with Wynn, make sure you save all the liquified emeralds you get. If you get a stack or two of liquid emeralds and avoid spending money on nonessentials then you can get some pretty nice items at endgame that'll give you a good head start compared to other players. For example, if you chose archer, assassin, or mage as your first class you can pay for the materials and ingredients to make a really good crafted weapon and pay someone with high enough level professions to craft it (it's not worth leveling professions on your own. Most people will craft items for free for you since it gives them xp). If you go with warrior then you can buy an apocalypse (https://www.wynndata.tk/i/apocalypse) which carries you through most endgame content (I wouldn't recommend going warrior since it's generally considered the worst class.

16. williamszr98

williamszr98 COLLAPSE MADNESS VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    don't do prof
    here's the map which will show where your character is at https://map.wynncraft.com/#/-1583/64/-1657/-5/wynn-main/Wynncraft
    here's the database for every item in the game https://www.wynndata.tk/items/
    you can probably figure out the rest