1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Old Things Removed From Wynncraft Thread

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by wecklerie, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zitrine

Zitrine Lore-kun CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hey, I remember that one.

I sure miss the old days.

Trash likes this.
  2. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    giant rat
    honeydew

Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  3. Archmage

Archmage look left. you failed. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    assassin mana regen by attacking the air

4. Thega

Thega ```Interesting flavour text``` CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As a player of wynn for 4 years, I feel like an old man, complaining and rejecting every change. But here's my opinion.

I liked how the non-bob's mythic endgame weapons were actually related to the lore: Chak(ram), Mael(strom), Fier(te), and Ethe(real). Bob's 4 masters.
    I liked it when the lore was actually harder to figure out
    Meaning theory threads were actually interesting and not always the obvious.
    I liked it when the lore didn't retcon itself.
    I liked it when boats were relevant, and you had to actually have the challenge of navigating your way around the ocean.
    I liked it when it was common to find the admins playing their own game, and active on their own forums.
    I have enjoyed watching the builds slowly improve, but I feel as the overall quality of wynncraft has improved,
    I have observed wynncraft has felt less and less like the people making the game are real people that we can relate to.
    I liked it when the hardest thing about powders was figuring out you had to craft them with an item to use them, and they could be hoarded in abundance.
    I enjoyed the depressing weapon blue powder pirate cove duels, played purely for the fun of it.
    I liked it back when my friends played, though that isn't really them being removed from wynncraft, but them removing wynncraft from their lives.
    I liked it when I was new, and I didn't instinctively know what direction to head to get from A to B
    And when everything I found was unfamiliar: biomes, builds, mobs, loot chests, and items.
    I liked it when there wasn't a separation in the economy: everything could be bought with money you could realistically see yourself earning over time.
    I liked it when everyone respected everyone else as a human being.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  5. Trash

Trash Add earth dagger VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    PREACH MY MAN PREACH

Thega likes this.
  6. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    I don't mean to sound a little rude, but all of this sounds really rose-tinted. "I have observed wynncraft has felt less and less like the people making the game are real people that we can relate to." What? I'd say the CT still feel like people we can relate to.

Some of this is just plain conjectural based on nostalgia bias. I'm sorry man but I've always disliked this stuff, complaining about how the "old days were so much better" without actual proof, and I've been here since July 2013. It kind of makes my blood boil seeing stuff like this. I know it's only an opinion but it's annoying to see, I've seen this type of nostalgic bias cause circlejerks that promote people to shit on the developer's work. I also know I sort of sound like a broken record 'cause I've gone on this rant more than once, but I really don't like nostalgia at all.

Bramblesthatcat and Arkade like this.
  7. Thega

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I completely understand you. I am not denying that every update to the game improves the game in some way or another, or that the the CT are all robots. And I said at the start:
    What I am saying is that from my perspective, the content team has been elevated above our level as players, and the admins even more so, from the lack of communication that has increased over the years. Look at the last 4 major updates: Gavel, Gameplay, Corkus, and DnD. For gavel, Grian did a build timelapse, a Q&A that showed parts of gavel, and a trailer was released. for gameplay, 4 changeblogs, for Corkus, an informational livestream and a trailer, and for DnD a couple images and a single trailer. Surely you notice/d the downward trend in admin interaction as time goes on.

8. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el VIP+

Minecraft:
    So you liked it when there was only one set that was better than the rest of them, you liked it when you had to spend hours just to get anywhere in the ocean without a Seaskipper, and you liked it when all powders were useless except for the green one.

Following this logic, I'm sure you liked it when you had to grind in herb cave from level 50+, and it's all you had to do from 60-68, and I'm sure you liked it when the bank was just one ender chest, right?

Thega and Cruuk like this.
  9. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    I wouldn't really call this a bad thing. All of these updates have received positive recognition. Don't forget that 2 popular suggestions were implemented in DnD (improved banks and quest books), in a sense the devs do know what the players want. For all we know this is just a coincidence. If there really was no communication, the CT wouldn't be nearly as sociable at all.

Thega likes this.
  10. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i liked it when i spent over 10 minutes on a glitch riddled chunk of wood boat going across some water, only to get teleported half of the way back once i got off

TroZDoz_ and Thega like this.
  11. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    nether gold coins

12. CoolVictor2002

CoolVictor2002 Dead meme expert,cyberbullied by NicBOMB CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i hated that quest

13. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel ya

Thega likes this.
  14. Thega

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Except that's not the logic I used in my post. The thread is titled: old things removed from Wynncraft, and I am sharing my opinion on the specific things I personally liked about older versions of Wynncraft.
    All I said was that I liked it that the best weapons of the time were corresponding to Bob's masters. I never said whether I liked the old item system more or less than the current one. I never said I enjoyed boat glitches, or spending minutes to get from a to b, but I did enjoy the now removed challenge of navigation. I can't say I liked grinding in the herb cave, but I also didn't like the dcave and csst grinding sessions that followed. I never said that the updates were bad, just that I enjoyed certain aspects of the pre-updated game
    Sidenote, please remember that this thread in about old features of Wynn craft that got removed, not critique everyone who posts their opinion. If I was new to the community, and got critiqued like you guys did to me, I would feel pretty stink, and think that the Wynncraft community is pretty stink too. Please guys, remember that other people are actually real people too.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  15. DerVillager

DerVillager Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Mansion Delivery (I liked that quest, actually )

Thega likes this.
  16. Stycore

Stycore some random golem CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    wizard fortress
    aaa

17. Lemon

Lemon God has forsaken me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I miss the time when the community was actually nice and helped new players and each other instead of being like "ha, foolish plebs, not even level 50 yet" or "ha, you cant beat qira on your own git gud."

Thega likes this.
  18. Thega

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I try to help in my spare time sometimes, but most of the low level players I meet don't want my help. Sometimes you get that real satisfying player that wants you to help them with a quest or something, and you do that, but then I get the opportunity to show them the relics (oh wait, they aren't there anymore) or a lootrun. My main problem being a higher level player is that lower levels are too afraid to ask for help; it's like the game has gotten too formal, where the freshmen are too afraid to ask the senior leaders for directions, or an employee is too scared of his boss to resolve a problem.

19. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I hate it when my friends are just like, "oh just dupe that guy, he's not level 50, or 60, or 70, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.