1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Old Mythic Prices - Know If You Got Gipped Or Not V2 - 30k ♥

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Realises, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmbassadorArt

AmbassadorArt Protesting bad changes since 2019 VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Parzizal A lot of my thoughts on your statements have already been said by others, so all I'm gonna comment on is these two points.
    That's not how balancing works. First of all, if everything was truly equal in an MMORPG then it'd be boring as ^*&% and secondly, GMA will likely never be the price of Spring because people flock towards Mana Regen,Lifesteal and Regen at a proportionally higher rate than many other stats, so unless the community flips a 180 or the Item Team was foolish enough to give GMA +Mana Regen (which would NOT fit at all) then it's not gonna be "the same cost."

You also seem to be positively equating Power with Price. That's not what happens here, or in many IRL cases. If a country overseas found a WAY better recipe for the pastries they export, their increased quality doesn't mean their worth will go up super fast OR the demand for countries wanting pastries will increase much, if at all. In short: Just because an item is buffed or nerfed doesn't mean the prices will shift instantly, if at all, and their price doesn't dictate their power in the game. Yeah people would pay more for a Dagger with 3/4 Mana Regen than a completely identical dagger but only with 2/4 mana regen, but different Mythics of the same class aren't that black and white.

It's not just the numbers and price tags, perception is a big key that you're forgetting. If Mana builds for some reason suddenly became less valued, and people felt High-damage Earth Builds were the new Meta, GMA prices would likely exceed Spring's in a matter of months. You also gotta consider time: these buffs ain't even a week old; markets don't change that fast, especially Mythics since they having a "1/something many thousands" ratio of appearing.

Realises, NicBOMB and Take like this.
  2. Take

Take Rice Smuggler HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    o god how long did it take u to write all that XD

AmbassadorArt likes this.
  3. AmbassadorArt

AmbassadorArt Protesting bad changes since 2019 VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh I have had far longer posts than this lol. And prolly no more than 5 minutes, I knew what I wanted to say because I see some clear dysfunction in this person's point of view and I've seen it before XD Any one class's mythics cannot realistically be "equal" in cost and power to each other, nor should it be. Spring isn't meant for high single-shot damage or movement speed, it's about mana control and a bit of health regen. While Grandmother has a raw, high damage count with a nice bonus of having Loot/Xp, and having - health regen.

People dont usually buy mythics whose highest stats are XP and Loot (except discoverer) while as people eat up any chance they can get at Mana in their build, so of course even a Godly Grandmother might not rival a better than average spring in Price; it's better at what it does (raw power) than Spring's raw power, but its not what's most valued on the market right now. This is not a good enough reason to buff it, and the buffs it would need (judging from patterns i've seen) to achieve this would be CRAZY high, and people'd riot for nerfs in an instant.

Take likes this.
  4. Take

Take Rice Smuggler HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow. Lemm sum dat up sum mythics are trash even if they are godly and some are gud even if they are bad

Lego_DW likes this.
  5. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, some mythics are considered more useful due to the current community opinion of stats like mana regen and builds like spell spammers being more 'meta', and others like mana steal and 'hybrids' being less friendly/well-known.

6. Parzizal

Parzizal .

If you're gonna run no agility with GMA anyways Divzer outdamages it and has more mana regen and more mana steal. (https://wynndata.tk/s/YQ6ZCM)

Mana regen is more viable because it's better, and until mana steal gets better armor pieces and is changed to proc on all hits it will stay that way. Moreover you can't deny that water has the best armor pieces in the game right now. Air and thunder are well off too because their synergy with water is insane. The only really good things earth and fire have are of course oriented around water, and that's restricted to only a couple items.

7. Dinner

Dinner Austic VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Incorrect, GMA can outdps any divzer build running earth sanc + warchief, the one i posted in classbuilds proves it.

As well, GMA pays off its lack of basic attack utility with with much greater versatility.

Also, water relies on other elements to do damage and provide tank stats, it needs dex or a payoff to do better samage than earth or else it suffers from a lack of damage and crippling -thunder. Ofc water is mandatory for spell, most mr items require int and its a vital stat to spellspam efficency.

Given this, earth water has some of the best items in the game, better than most water + x element combinations or pure water.

Earth has pisces and elder oak, two extremely versatile and powerful pieces. It also has olive and durums serenity, both which are fantastic accessories.

Fire has soulflare and ophiucus, the first being fantastic in hybrid and the latter being one of the most powerful singular armor pieces in the game. Not to mention sanos care and king of hearts.

Also, air is relatively unviable atm and it has pretty crappy synergy with everything except dex and maybe def.

8. Realises

Realises was fun while it lasted ♡ HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    -Updated prices

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    TalkingKittyCat likes this.
  9. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    Pure’s max should go up to 3.5 stax, since godly pures are becoming more common the price seems to be going up for pure.

10. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if theres more godly pures doesnt that mean the price should go down :thonk:

11. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    now that people know, they'll be on the lookout for them and they're still good pures. just because there are a few more doesn't mean the price is gonna swan dive. it'd take way more of them to actually affect the price.

mouldy and Realises like this.
  12. WynnChairman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yea but that doesn't mean the price would be going up either which was my point

13. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the price is going up because they're better than normal pures, meaning the avg price is being weighted higher, even if worse pures still would be sold for *market* price (lower than the current godly pures)

mouldy likes this.
  14. WynnChairman

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well ok but the price range won't change and the thread doesnt have an average price feature either

15. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This thread uses the current sales to determine the theoretical price of a mythic given where the market is right now.
    This is what we used to have:
    Normal Pure Market.png
    "Average" Pures were being sold more often, therefore our distribution of sales was centered around the "Average" Pures with "Above Average" and "Below Average" Pures being sold less. This meant the Price was dominantly controlled by Average Pures.

This is what we have now:
    Shifted Normal Pure Market.png
    Godly Pures are being sold more, therefore they are controlling the price more than the other categories. Essentially, the theoretical price increased because there are less worse pures AND more above average pures, not because the pures themselves are actually worth more.

EDIT: Looked at post and realized I put the x and y titles along the wrong axis on both images RIP.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  16. dukioooo

dukioooo Creator of WynnData HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Price fix suggestions:

Max it was ever sold is 22, 24 was duped money.
    edit: and the max one can go for now I expect it to be 18

12-20

5-10

Didn't a 99ws one sold for 20 recently?

2.5-4.5

5-10

4-6

3.5-5.5

3.5-6

0.25-1.5

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    NITEHAWKX, Realises and mrkiller_X like this.
  17. NicBOMB

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump, fear my stats

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Realises likes this.
  18. Avidify

Avidify 10 > 50 stacks of LE in 1 month || Pricechecker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Strati price is pretty far off, max stratis dependent on heath have consistently sold for between 25-35, the most recent sale as far as I know went for 25 (The one I have currently). As far as dukioo mentioning he may have thought a 99 sold for 20 recently, I dont think this happened, if it did the person likely was scammed pretty bad.

19. dukioooo

dukioooo Creator of WynnData HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    OK, so 25 top for strati then

20. Johnny Mcgeez

Johnny Mcgeez zzzzzzzzzz HERO

Minecraft:
    why would an apoc's explode matter? explode + ls just isnt a thing anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.